• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some prick won $1.6b in Mega Millions Lottery Jackpot

A.Romero

Lawyer up, hire an accountant, change my identity and disappear from my current life. Start a fund for charity and a few companies to operate all the possible businesses that I decide to invest in.

Every once in a while I would send invitations to people I care about to meet (all expenses paid, of course) in some paradise and have a few days together before I disappear again.

I would seek to live away from civilization and would invest through proxies. I'd travel some times but would avoid to stay too long at some place. Don't want to attract any attention.

Drake

I know some states let you remain anonymous and it appears South Carolina is one of them. If that person is smart they will not say anything, lawyer up and never work again.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Lawyer up, hire an accountant, change my identity and disappear from my current life. Start a fund for charity and a few companies to operate all the possible businesses that I decide to invest in.

Every once in a while I would send invitations to people I care about to meet (all expenses paid, of course) in some paradise and have a few days together before I disappear again.

I would seek to live away from civilization and would invest through proxies. I'd travel some times but would avoid to stay too long at some place. Don't want to attract any attention.

Basically the same, with the exception I'd keep my identity and just disappear. Travel tons but have a home on some remote mountain paradise somewhere. Hire a staff to do all my erans that I do not enjoy.

Blam

Honestly I'd just buy a metrick shitload of stuff to throw a sites eco off balance. Maybe ebay or some game on steam lol.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I'd buy all Trump's buildings and then burn them to the ground.

Good luck with that, the properties in NYC alone are worth more than what you'd get after taxes.

But I'd love to watch someone throw away 600-750 million dollars on a temper tantrum.

cryptoadam

Banned
Read somewhere, call up all the people you know and ask them to borrow 500$ due to an emergency. After they find out you won the lotto, all the people who said no would probably think twice about asking you for money.

A.Romero

Read somewhere, call up all the people you know and ask them to borrow 500$ due to an emergency. After they find out you won the lotto, all the people who said no would probably think twice about asking you for money.

I like this idea. Even if they call, it would help me to be able to say no :messenger_tears_of_joy:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
1. Tell NO ONE. As soon as you do, there would be relatives you never heard of wanting to be "close."
2. Invest so that I don't have to work for the rest of my life.
3. Two chicks at the same time.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I wonder if he/she would shout me a pizza?

New thread idea: You have received $1.6b, what do you spend it on without going over?

If I won that amount I’ll pay my families mortgages give them some nice amounts of money and help my nieces nephews out and my closets friends I’ll help them the same way to.

Buy my kids houses and give them money too

I’ll never let anyone know how much I won and try and invest it in things to

Also give a few people a million.

I would just keep 50 million and the rest I’ll use it to help people etc give to charities. I think a billion would be way to much lol

Last edited:

lil puff

This is genius.

I'd bet they'd wait awhile, then call you back.

"actually I have that $500 you needed"

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I hope he/she doesn't get murdered like all lottery winners.

cryptoadam

Banned
The loto in Canada has been at 60 mill for like a month, and there are an additional 53 x 1 million prizes. Thats a total of 113 million. I know its small change compared to 1.6 billion, but in Canada we have a cap of 60 million for our Loto. So this is the equivalent of 1.6 billion for the US.

Also we keep everything up here, no taxes on Loto winnings.

Everyone wish me luck, 50$ to everyone who likes my post if I win LOL.

(the above does not represent a legal and binding contract and is only for entertainment purposes)

The winner better make damn sure to remain anonymous.

Right, or he'd have surprised relatives knocking on his door asking for money, or friends coming up to him kissing his ass even though they've never talked since, like, forever. Worst, he'd be a walking target to thieves. I'd keep a low profile if I were the winner. Disable those social media profiles or something. No need to shout, "I'm the lottery winner, come take my money!"

If I won a billion dollars I would spend years meticulously contemplating how I will maximize my income and revenue streams using that amount. Then when I have ~50-100 billion I would start a space program and rule over my own colonies in the inner asteroid belt. We would ensure independence with a nuclear arsenal and economic supremacy by shipping easy to obtain asteroid belt precious metals to near earth orbit for use in the construction of giant space tugs and habitats for earthlings. Then, with a monopoly on space construction and transport, we would colonize and lay claim to Mars and eventually the entire system. It would end with the conquest of Earth.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Right, or he'd have surprised relatives knocking on his door asking for money, or friends coming up to him kissing his ass even though they've never talked since, like, forever. Worst, he'd be a walking target to thieves. I'd keep a low profile if I were the winner. Disable those social media profiles or something. No need to shout, "I'm the lottery winner, come take my money!"
I would not want to be known. I would fear for my family etc incase anyone tries shit.

llien

RzeR3f1.png

Drake

Is there a reason why they don't make an effort to allow winners to be as discreet as possible?

Because the Lottery likes to use these people and their stories as advertising for the lottery. Like the lottery really needs advertisement, but that's their reasoning anyways.

lil puff

Because the Lottery likes to use these people and their stories as advertising for the lottery. Like the lottery really needs advertisement, but that's their reasoning anyways.
thats pretty much what I thought. As if they need to advertise that you could win a billion dollars.

Lottery is a strange thing, and perhaps resources should be on stocks and investments than this shitty game.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
I would create..

Suspenseful pause....

MONSTER RANCHER BATTLE CARDS: EPISODE III!

(Or, at least, a Monster Rancher Battle Cards Episode II HD remaster).

I would not want to be known. I would fear for my family etc incase anyone tries shit.

Exactly! They could be kidnapped for ransom or something. There are lots of crazy people around today who will do whatever it takes for money. Better hide your family somewhere far or install high quality locks and security on your house because the neighbors are coming.

Gander

Banned
I think I'd live in Vegas so I just blend in with the rest of the high rollers. Just live in plush hotel rooms and order room service.

Top Bottom