• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NoA conducted a poll asking where people play Switch the most. 83% said at home

Effect

The question here is.....

Do you play docked or undocked?

That's what I want to know because even at home, I play undocked

This. I think that's the proper follow up. I think the Home answer would be highest for the DS and 3DS as well. Hell same for the GameBoy brand back in the day. I've gone long stretches of time at home where I've only played the Switch undocked. It was the same with the Wii U where I put a lot of time into that system by only playing on the Gamepad.

Location played isn't the question they should be asking. I play it at home, but the only time it's docked for me is when it's charging.

Estoc

Now let NoJ conduct the poll and see what they say.

I hope they have 3 outdoor options like this one, with 2 that, I assume, most people would only have interaction with occasionally.

Something like: Home, In a sewer, Under a cherry blossom, While riding a dragon

The result would be 100% home.

I have no issue with the result, it won't change how I use my Switch, but the options are just baffling.

TLZ

Banned
Location played isn't the question they should be asking. I play it at home, but the only time it's docked for me is when it's charging.
The question is still relevant. They simply like to know if people take it outside their homes. Docked v undocked is another question altogether.

Aracarn

It's tough to play on the NYC subway. If the train is crowded at all, I usually can't carve out the elbow room to play.

Gurrry

I play it at home, but when I goto my friends or girlfriends apartment, I take it with me.

So I do travel with it, but I dont sit outside and play it. Honestly, who the fuck wants to sit out in 100+ degree weather to play games? Why is going outside to play with it so important to Nintendo?

Timeaisis

Mostly at home, but I love to take it places and play undocked around the house. I probably use it as a portable 50% of the time.

Malakai

The question is still relevant. They simply like to know if people take it outside their homes. Docked v undocked is another question altogether.

Did you read the OP text? The OP is falsely assuming that home usage is equivalent to docked mode at home.

Mine has been docked probably 95% of the time. I drive to work so can't play it on the way, and where else am I going to take it? While at home, why would I play on a tiny screen with joycons when I can play on a 60" tv with a pro controller?

The 5% of the time it was undocked was me testing it out and deciding it made way more sense to be docked for better screen and controller.

I use my Switch both docked and undocked at home, but I'll probably never take it outside. Taking video game handhelds with you just isn't a thing where I live. In fact, I haven't seen one in the wild since the early 00s and that was a GBA.

EDIT: Whoops, I live in Norway and failed to read NoA in the title. Handhelds might just be really niche in my country.

so this is another one of those threads where the thread title, despite being wrong, isn't enough of an alternate fact to warrant a thread title change

can't wait to see this thread's title cited in other Switch discussions

Brinbe

Pretty much have exclusively played it on the subway or when I'm out. And I've only docked it once and had no interest in doing it again. It's 100% a handheld to me.

Guess that versatility is pretty cool.

Biske

It's all about car culture over here. There are a half-dozen cities at best (NY, Chicago, SF, Seattle, LA, DC) where you can reasonably commute to work without a car.

This. If I could play during my commute I would. But I can't cause I'm fucking driving.Fuck america and its cars.

Top Bottom