• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm Macdonald is getting a podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norm just tweeted that the show is returning in early February.

Also, he was on Tom Green's show last night and talked about how a week after being fired from SNL, he found out that Letterman had lobbied to get him the Late Late Show host gig, but Les Moonves wanted Craig Kilborne instead. Fucking Les Moonves.

Also, he was on Tom Green's show last night and talked about how a week after being fired from SNL, he found out that Letterman had lobbied to get him the Late Late Show host gig, but Les Moonves wanted Craig Kilborne instead. Fucking Les Moonves.
That would have changed my life. Wow

I'm glad the show is coming back. Norm is one of my favorite people in entertainment

Oh man, when I saw this thread bumped I was like... could it be? I didn't want to let myself believe until I read it... hell, I shouldn't let myself believe until the show is actually airing.

Tom_Cody

I just came to post this. I'm glad to see him back and looking better. I still haven't been able to find a full upload of the Tom Green episode unfortunately.

tanooki27

I binged all norm's podcasts in one weekend, then a couple weeks later i went through them all again. they're the funniest things. the guests are relaxed and great, norm's a genius, and adam egut is the perfect whipping boy.

bring it back, norm

Awesome, I'm the one that posted the tweet last time he said it was coming back, and then he deleted the tweet lol, but sounds like it's happening this time now that we've got confirmed guests and stuff.

I liked this podcast, but I'm not sure it was funny enough to keep me hyped after such a long hiatus.

I will admit my enjoyment did vary a lot with the guest, I remember one or two of the episodes being a little flat to me.

Are his standup dates listed anywhere online? I would definitely do a road-trip in order to see him.

Edit: That didn't take much work.
http://www.dead-frog.com/comedians/tour_dates/norm_macdonald

He's in Bellevue Washington this week and he's going to be in Austin at the beginning of June.

Nice! Glad he's doing something sort of like a tour and not just doing one off dates. My hope for him to get to Chicago is now a possibility. Norm is awesome and hopefully he makes some dough off this

HoodWinked

i was at helium in portland for norm's stand up i thought he was funny but the people i went with were lukewarm on it and even thought his opener was better.

Toparaman

Banned
Well, I am personally hyped. Norm MacDonald Live practically made my summer last year. The other popular comedy podcasts just don't do it for me.

Tom_Cody

Tom_Cody

Nice! Glad he's doing something sort of like a tour and not just doing one off dates. My hope for him to get to Chicago is now a possibility. Norm is awesome and hopefully he makes some dough off this
Agreed. AFAIK he wasn't doing live shows or anything for a while. I'm glad to see he's alive and looking (relatively) healthy.

I hope he makes his way to NYC.

i was at helium in portland for norm's stand up i thought he was funny but the people i went with were lukewarm on it and even thought his opener was better.
I've always wondered how good his live shows are.

I'm a gigantic fan but my GF hates him. I tried to play his 'Me doing Standup' album on a road trip one time and she didn't laugh once.

I´ve been working late recently and I find these are great to listen to, as well as random Youtube clips. Someone cut together a 2 hour "best of" on Youtube (not anything from his podcast - it predates those I believe) and some of it was just hilarious. That story about him and Drake Sather at the script writing class had my literally tearing up with laughter.

I watched 3 of the podcasts - the Russel Brand one ("Hey, isn´t it funny - none of us here drink, but for me it´s because I don´t like it, and for both of you it´s because you like it too much!"), the Andy Dick and that guy from Big Bang Theory who told the amazing MJ story. I really enjoyed them, but I´m waiting til I next have to work late to listen to more.

Helmholtz

Well that was a hell of a break. But I'm glad this is coming back. Some of those previous episodes were pretty hilarious.
I'm also secretly hoping he lands the late late show gig, but I'm guessing the odds of that are very slim.

fritolay

Of all comedians, of all actors, Norm is the one guy that stands out as someone that I wish would have more success but somehow doesn't, ever since he left SNL and then the movie Dirty Work, he hasn't had much luck. (not counting voice overs)

His TV series, multiple, were not good. I actually liked his sports show, but it was cancelled.

We need more Norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom