• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noted Quack The Food Babe, her critics and the war on Chemicals in our foodstuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Daniel B·;159557785 said:
I would be more than happy to do so, but first, I would be interested to get your in-depth response to the timeline (link in my original post) I posted, holes in rat brains and removing FDA heads and all.
Uhm, so like I said, someone else has already adequately responded I think to these issues, but I'll do a quick pass.

1. The illuminati could have some up with aspartame, but that doesn't matter when discussing its safety. Considering it's one of the most tested consumed substances, with basically every study confirming its safety. Do you disagree with this assessment of the scientific consensus?

2. Covered above. Hundreds of studies highlight its safety. However here's a simple rebuttal about the holes in brain thing... Aspartame doesn't enter the bloodstream, let alone cross the blood brain barrier. Could you show me a study that supposes this at least?

Daniel B·;159543709 said:
So, you dismiss out of hand, the reasons the FDA refused to approve Aspartame, prior to 1981, and I take it, the fact that it required the immediate action of President Reagan, to replace the existing commissioner to get approval, also doesn't faze you at all? Well, you are welcome to lay your trust with the likes of Rumsfeld (WMDs anyone), but, I prefer to trust the pre-Reagan bastardized FDA, who's only motive was to apply due diligence when considering approval of food additives.

Not sure if trolling.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Daniel B·;159557785 said:
I would be more than happy to do so, but first, I would be interested to get your in-depth response to the timeline (link in my original post) I posted, holes in rat brains and removing FDA heads and all.

The classic "Explain something that doesn't exist, which you won't be able to, so that I don't have to answer any questions that are going to make it obvious I have no idea what I'm talking about" defense.

Those comments have to be trolling, right? Right??

Holy shit.

Allison Warburg
December 27, 2013
I’m sorry to say Vani, but the Aquasana filter isn’t really the best way to filter out chlorine…I read a review on their website.
The shower head is not worth the money. I tested the PPM for the Aquasana shower filter and it reduced it by 10. The parts per millions were in the hundreds. This was compared to my normal unfiltered shower head. I also did a ph test and there was very little improvement and very hard to tell. For example if the unfiltered shower head was 245PPM then the Aquasana would be 235PPM.
I think it is the fancy name that got me to buy the shower filter. Also, I bathe in filtered water before and it felt great. The PPM for the filter water was double digets and not in the hundreds.
Conclusion: Aquasana very, very little diffrence in feel of water and test results.

I think Aquasana is going to take my post down for being honest.

I read many reviews on the t3 source showerhead, and they got many more positive reviews. While the product is significantly more expensive, you might think of doing a chlorine test yourself, and record the differences. I would like to see a comparison of the 2 filters.

Someone used science on her pseudoscience, and yet is still searching for alternate methods to live her pseudoscientific lifestyle.

WUT

Leunam

People think that the problem with GMO is the food?

Generally yes. Usually along the lines of it being untested over a long period of time, which is false, or the typical Franken-food scare.

Other complaints stem from patenting the technology but that fear is also overblown.

I mean...you can research bullshit forever and still have questions. That's the beauty of it.

I get that, but my confusion stems from the fact that this person knows how to measure the PPM of chlorine in tap water, yet still thinks they would be measurably healthier by filtering it from their shower water.

How does that happen?

1. The illuminati could have some up with aspartame, but that doesn't matter when discussing its safety. Considering it's one of the most tested consumed substances, with basically every study confirming its safety. Do you disagree with this assessment of the scientific consensus?

Guy comes in here ride or die for Food Babe and you have to ask this? Of course he disagrees with the global scientific consensus, his gut feeling knows better because Rumsfeld

I get that, but my confusion stems from the fact that this person knows how to measure the PPM of chlorine in tap water, yet still thinks they would be measurably healthier by filtering it from their shower water.

How does that happen?

Because, as much as Reddit Fedoraguys would like to pretend otherwise, being aware of one type of hokum does not make you immune to being taken in by other kinds. You can practice the scientific method and still subscribe to wildly unscientific beliefs.

This whole topic m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ showed me the error of my ways, and now I am terrified.

Off to burn all my food in the front yard! Food Babe forever!

This whole topic m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ showed me the error of my ways, and now I am terrified.

Off to burn all my food in the front yard! Food Babe forever!

Don't burn it bro! You'll just release all the toxins into our otherwise 100% oxygen atmosphere.

Because, as much as Reddit Fedoraguys would like to pretend otherwise, being aware of one type of hokum does not make you immune to being taken in by other kinds. You can practice the scientific method and still subscribe to wildly unscientific beliefs.

"I tested this brand of lucky rabbits' feet 3000x and found no change in my luck after rigorous statistical modeling. Clearly, brand B is the superior rabbit foot."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom