• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 8th

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
For top 10 software...I think GTA 5 doesnt make it. It wasnt there last month....why would it all of a sudden get back in?

I think Minecraft might be done for top 10 too....as crazy as that sounds....

Aight here are my SW predictions

1. Call of Duty: Black OPS III (XB1, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  2. Fallout 4 (PS4, XB1, PC)
  3. Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4, XB1, PC)
  4. Madden 16 (PS4, XB1, 360, PS3)
  5. NBA 2K (PS4, XB1, 360, PS3)
  6. FIFA 16 (PS4, 360, XB1, PS3)
  7. Disney Infinity 3.0 (360, WiiU, XB1, PS3, Wii, PS4, 3DS)
  8. Minecraft (360, XB1, PS4, PS3)
  9. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XB1, 360, PS3)
  10. Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4, XB1, PC)

I think Halo could possibly bump Assassin's Creed out of the top 10. Destiny could also be a potential contender given the holiday discounting it saw.

You think Madden is going to top the sports titles? How so?

.... How many times do we need to say the same damn thing? Look at my tag ye fools and despair. Then kindly cease and desist all reference to SW charts as a valid it meaningful metric for sales in any way.

I wasn't talking about sales... I was pointing out on those charts the Xbox One had number 1 pre-orders for Black Ops 3 for quite some time despite the announcement o the PS deal. Thus the Deal probably wont' have a real effect this year.

RexNovis

Banned
You think Madden is going to top the sports titles? How so?

Because this is NPD. Murrica loves their Madden especially when it's on discount. Discount Madden is as American as arterial blockage and obesity.

I wasn't talking about sales... I was pointing out on those charts the Xbox One had number 1 pre-orders for Black Ops 3 for quite some time despite the announcement o the PS deal. Thus the Deal probably wont' have a real effect this year.

Uhh Preorders = sales. Charts mean absolutely nothing for software. You cannot draw conclusions about preorder sales or any other sort of software sales from them.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/674589319013773312

CVyfaTBXIAABS_7.png

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Last year I bought a PS4 bundle and 12GB PS3 for around $650, $700 dollars.

Now I can get a PS4 and XBO combined for less.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Where'd you see that? Source?

The small words on the image state the promotion period.

Offer valid 12/9/2015 - 12/26/2015 while supplies last at participating US retailers.
Refurbished consoles not included. May not be combinable with other offers.
See retailers for details.

Elandyll

Banned
As I said earlier, it appears to be a stop gap measure to avoid to see the PS4 to just run away free and clear for all of December without putting even a fight.

Now I expect Sony to extend the sale period by 1 week, although they do not "have" to probably.

Because this is NPD. Murrica loves their Madden especially when it's on discount. Discount Madden is as American as arterial blockage and obesity.

Uhh Preorders = sales. Charts mean absolutely nothing for software. You cannot draw conclusions about preorder sales or any other sort of software sales from them.

Ahh i looked back at the last couple years, for some reason i thought NBA was more popular during the holiday sales. Nvm.

As I said earlier, it appears to be a stop gap measure to avoid to see the PS4 to just run away free and clear for all of December without putting even a fight.

Now I expect Sony to extend the sale period by 1 week, although they do not "have" to probably.

Why would you expect that? Sony barely ever responds to Microsoft "after" a business decision even last gen. Or anybody else for that matter.

I'm thinking Sony wants to still drag on the profits at $349 and won't go down lower for a significant period.

I don't think Microsoft can go lower than $299. They wan't to be profitable too.

Probably we will see some deals with gift cards, like happened in Black Friday.

Why are people even thinking MS NEEDS to go below $299??? It wouldn't make sense to go below $299 now that would be a bad business move and would make the Xbox One worth less than Radioshack stock. Bad perception is bad.

I don't think Microsoft can go lower than $299. They wan't to be profitable too.

Probably we will see some deals with gift cards, like happened in Black Friday.

Maybe, but probably not next week, they aren't advertising any gift cards at Target or Best Buy in the ads...But they also didn't advertise this$299 price in this week's ads, and that appears to start today..

I highly doubt there will be any gift card promotions, in addition to, the$299 price...That was more a Black Friday thing...

Elandyll

Banned
Why would you expect that? Sony barely ever responds to Microsoft "after" a business decision even last gen. Or anybody else for that matter.

I'm thinking Sony wants to still drag on the profits at $349 and won't go down lower for a significant period.
I don't expect it as a response to MS, but as a planned strategy to possibly take advantage of the late shopper spree and the post Xmas gift card buys.

The date ending on the 19th is not a coincidence (last Saturday before Xmas), and is meant to create an urgency to take advantage of a deal, but I'd be somewhat surprised if they let the momentum stop at a moment when sales are still pretty high (though not as crazy high).

Chobel

Xbox Wire article http://news.xbox.com/2015/12/09/xbox-one-console-deals-return/

Thanks to the support of our fans, Xbox One saw record-setting U.S. sales* and record global engagement** during the week of Black Friday. Due to this amazing response from gamers, we’re bringing the discounts back for a limited time: starting today, Dec. 9 through Saturday, Dec. 26 in the U.S., all Xbox One console bundles will be available for $50 off, starting at $299.

EDIT: Just noticed there's no mention for TR bundle. Poor RoTTR

I don't expect it as a response to MS, but as a planned strategy to posibly take advantage of the late shopper spree and the post Xmas gift card buys.

The date ending on the 19th is not a coincidence (last Saturday before Xmas), and is meant to create an urgency to take advantage of a deal, but I'd be somewhat surprised if they let the momentum stop at a moment when sales are still pretty high (though not as crazy high).

Despite he implications here, the week leading into Christmas eve is really not that big.

Chobel

Despite he implications here, the week leading into Christmas eve is really not that big.

Say what? I'm gonna need a source for that.

Edit: Not mention on the article.
Must be sold out!

TR bundle will also get $50 price cut. It's just I thought MS will try to advertise that it's available. I mean in that link they only emphasize "the Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Bundle, the Xbox One Elite Bundle and the Xbox One 1TB Holiday Bundle," plus Gears bundle

Select-Xbox-One-Bundles-818x528.jpg

noobie

Banned

Sony may very well loose the December if they dont extend it to 26 because those are some very busy sales days and it will be not very wise on their part to let it happen.

panda-zebra

Banned
Thanks to the support of our fans, Xbox One saw record-setting U.S. sales* and record global engagement** during the week of Black Friday.

Record-setting sales of systems? Software? Peripherals? All of the above?

Due to this amazing response from gamers to the $299 ps4, we’re bringing the discounts back for a limited time: starting today, Dec. 9 through Saturday, Dec. 26 in the U.S., all Xbox One console bundles will be available for $50 off, starting at $299.

Fixed that for you, Major.

Also, surely he should add some sort of disclaimer to the BC remark - it reads that you can play all your favourite 360 games on xb1, not just the ones that are supported.

Roughly the same number of days for both consoles on sale then, interesting.

Though I doubt that will be of much consequence depending on the numbers we recieve tomorrow.

3rdbass

Banned
Edit, I'm wrong, I see it now in the Target add, $50 off all Xbox One consoles.......and now it's nationwide...all stores..

That is only online presently though they are offering 15% off with cartwheel off all xbox one bundles except halo which has a 10% coupon so essentially the same in store. I'm guessing next week this will be regular price for the bundles to combat the PS4 as BB and Amazon have or are planning to do so now. Edit. Ok so I see it has been officially announced.

Now just see if Sony will stretch their deal into the 26th. I think they need to do that.

Top Bottom