• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

korly

Anyone else notice Jericho has gotten into much better shape since coming back?

vlcsnap-00347.png

Sephzilla

wtf dawg. Gohan is like the Daniel Bryan of DBZ, he's so cool

Pre-adult Gohan is boring and him becoming the hero of the Cell Saga was stupid. The entire Android/Cell arc had nothing to do with him and he spends the entire storyline as a glorified background character until he gets a push at the very end. In general pre-Buu Gohan is a bad character who is mostly a secondary character who simply gets his shit in once a battle and then goes back to being kind of pointless. Gohan killing Cell is the Dragonball equivalent of Hulk Hogan beating Yokozuna.

Saiyaman was the first time Gohan became an actual character.

Rusev's story-lines are always the worst, especially after the whole engagement reveal. Cena calls Lana a ho, it's implied she cheated on him with the Rock, both he and Lana suffered through that god-awful Ziggler-Lana-Rusev-Summer love square, Roman says she's a borderline mail-order bride and now there's this shit with Enzo.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Rusev's story-lines are always the worst, especially after the whole engagement reveal. Cena calls Lana a ho, it's implied she cheated on him with the Rock, both he and Lana suffered through that god-awful Ziggler-Lana-Rusev-Summer love square, Roman says she's a borderline mail-order bride and now there's this shit with Enzo.

You can tell a lot of it comes from Vince's psycho-sexual frustrations.

Mahonay

Banned
Rusev's story-lines are always the worst. Cena calls Lana a ho, it's implied she cheated on him with the Rock, both he and Lana suffered through that god-awful Ziggler-Lana-Rusev-Summer love square, Roman says she's a borderline mail-order bride and now there's this shit with Enzo.
Vince's insistence of handing people absolute dog shit storylines to work with because he finds it hilarious.
You can tell a lot of it comes from Vince's psycho-sexual frustrations.
Lol. Also this.

Sephzilla

If I wrestled for WWE and was dating one of the female talents I would under no circumstances make it public, because the first thing Vince would do is make you both go through some breakup/cheating angle. Unless you're John Cena

Kaladin

Speaking of Rusev.....him and Lana are on Total Divas without their strong Russian / whatever accents.

It's fucking with my mind.

Mahonay

Banned
Damn, Swann had a good promo against Kendrick. Felt very natural and not scripted

I wish the crowd would chant "can't handle this" like the other crowds do
There was one guy screaming it at the very top of his lungs at the beginning of the match. No one joined.

Crowd did really love Swann as a babyface. Good to see. Also Kendrick gave his best match since coming back IMO.

I take back my skepticism about comparing this episode to Attitude Era, it's straight up Attitude Era. This bar room brawl is basically APA, what the fuck

There was one guy screaming it at the very top of his lungs at the beginning of the match. No one joined.

Crowd did really love Swann as a babyface. Good to see. Also Kendrick gave his best match since coming back IMO.

It just helps add to his in-ring character so much. I hope people pick up on it but also don't kill it.

If I wrestled for WWE and was dating one of the female talents I would under no circumstances make it public, because the first thing Vince would do is make you both go through some breakup/cheating angle. Unless you're John Cena
I remember when the word got out Sasha got married and the very next Raw after that had Enzo putting the moves on her and all that 'make a certified G deposit in your bank' stuff.

Hasney

I think Kendrick had better matches in the CWC, but certainly his best since then.

I hope WWE putting up free matches of a certain PPV the week before it airs on their YouTube channel is a thing they keep up. Could be good for attracting people to buy the network.

Gurrry

Im really excited about 205 live and the direction it can take. I have a feeling we will start getting surprises like Neville out of nowhere and guys like Austin Aries.

Speaking of, I didnt watch Smack Down but was he called up or something? Or was he there only for 205 commentary? He kept mentioning that he was gonna go for the CW title, but he was not introduced with all of the other cruiser weights as part of the division during the beginning segment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Neville v Bo was ok, a bit short for a ladder match. Anyway Arrival was ok but far from the best specials we've had since.

Anyway, next up Takeover (I guess they didnt know the name would stick)

Sephzilla

It makes sense though, the Android/Cell arc for the most part revolves around Vegeta and his son. Trunks is the one who comes back to warm them of the Androids - which causes Vegeta to get super full of himself and motivate him further to become a Super Saiyan. Trunks is the one who allows Cell to come back in time. Vegeta is the reason Cell achieves perfection. Trunks is the first person Cell tries to kill when Cell returns after killing Goku. Fuck Gohan, he's like the 6th or 7th most important person in the entire story. The Cell Saga should have ended with Vegeta realizing he fucked up bad, let him go SSJ2, and end the saga with a Galick Gun vs Kamehameha beam struggle similar to the Saiyan Saga - except this time Vegeta is the hero.

Sephzilla

Dumb question - why was it called 205 Live? Is 205 the Cruiserweight cut?

Not the biggest fan of Faulcouner TBH, sure there's some real gems there but one of the problems was him not knowing when NOT to use music.

Faulconer's Vegeta themes and Cell theme's are GOAT. But yeah, the sound mixing in the US version of DBZ had issues. Faulconer's music makes Cell's death way more awesome though

Top Bottom