• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2009

donny2112

EviLore said:
PlayStation 3 210.0K

NeoGAF Aggregate (194K) was much closer than either WMS or EEDAR for PS3 this month. Neat. :)

Wii Madden 10 can't sell 92K? EA really needs to get their act together with their annual titles on the Wii.

I honestly thought wii was gonna go the 200k way. 270k is not bad, and WOW at Batman, Wii Sports Resort and wat- Fossil Fighters? o_O

Pretty close. September's going to be interesting, though I think it'll still end up in X360's favor due to ODST. Wii, however, is looking like it needs a price drop soon if they keep descending (and it's really about time, anyway).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think the PS3 sales are good, but its a bit harder to measure given the immediate price drop that went into effect. Next month should be interesting.
WSR looks like a monster, as expected.

JudgeN

Woodsy said:
Still in 3rd, but Slim to the rescue!

Whoa shit at Batman: AA only selling 13K more on the 360 v. PS3.

I hope developers are watching, PS3 owners will buy your game if its not a shitty port. DO A GOOD JOB AND WE WILL REWARD YOU :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
September will be

ODST vs. Slim

Wow. Should be epic. I see PS3 winning though. Sony is gaining momentum at the moment.

AniHawk

Wow. Wii sales are higher than I expected. Wii Sports Resort sales are higher too.

Good numbers for Batman. Not so great numbers for Madden, when compared with previous years.

h3ro

Great sales for Batman! Glad to see a well made game getting some good numbers across both platforms. :D

Haunted said:
2 million shipped?
shipped /=\ sold?

BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM* 360 SQUARE ENIX INC Aug-09 303,000
BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM* PS3 SQUARE ENIX INC Aug-09 290,000

That difference is incredible. I wonder how much the Joker DLC factors in that.

Revolutionary said:
Nope. The Slim officially went on sale September 1st. We won't be seeing the US numbers for that until next month's NPD.

Not true, since it clearly does include some slim sales. Not even a large percentage, esp compared to next month's results, but saying it doesn't include any is wrong.

Danthrax said:
This NPD does not cover Slim's launch. Slim came out Sept. 1, but this NPD ends like Aug. 29 or so.
The phat PS3s were discounted for a couple weeks though, so that helped the PS3. But yeah, the big jump will be in the Sept. numbers.

nocode

Nice, things are tightening up, and competition will be hot this holiday season. Madden doesn't look that down does it? Other than the ps2 version, they are pretty much even with last year no?

Woodsy

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Pretty close. September's going to be interesting, though I think it'll still end up in X360's favor due to ODST. Wii, however, is looking like it needs a price drop soon if they keep descending (and it's really about time, anyway).

ODST won't push any hardware.

FrankT

Danthrax said:
This NPD does not cover Slim's launch. Slim came out Sept. 1, but this NPD ends like Aug. 29 or so.

No slims were in many stores in the US in my area the full last week of August, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Gamestop (save Target). As I suspected some of those would show up.

I hope we get the overall $ number so we can compare how much the industry is down year over year.

EviLore said:
Data care of NPD Group

PlayStation 2 105.9K
PlayStation 3 210.0K
PSP 140.3K
Xbox 360 215.4K
Wii 277.4K
Nintendo DS 552.9K

MADDEN NFL 10 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS Aug-09 928,000
WII SPORTS RESORT W/ WII MOTION PLUS WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Jul-09 754,000
MADDEN NFL 10 PS3 ELECTRONIC ARTS Aug-09 665,000
BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM* 360 SQUARE ENIX INC Aug-09 303,000
BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM* PS3 SQUARE ENIX INC Aug-09 290,000
MADDEN NFL 10 PS2 ELECTRONIC ARTS Aug-09 160,000
DISSIDIA: FINAL FANTASY PSP SQUARE ENIX INC Aug-09 130,000
WII FIT* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA May-08 128,000
MARIO KART W/WHEEL WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Apr-08 120,000 9
FOSSIL FIGHTERS NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Aug-09 92,000

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

depward

Good for a GODDAMN PSP GAME to finally hit the top 10. Imagine how many sales it would have been without the goddamn pirates out there downloading that fantastic game for free.

Nothing really surprising, Wii slightly higher than I expected, Batman a little lower.

Should be interesting to see if there is a Halo bump in September.

Top Bottom