• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

162,000 for Ni No Kuni in NA alone, not including digital. Should we expect a sequel?

NNK has 933 reviews on the US PS store. I would be surprised if it sold in the 5 digits digitally.

Xenon

GR sold more in Japan on a single console than it did in America on two.

14ui442jpga4u48.gif

Fucking dudebros

What did you expect? Did the game even have a online multiplayer mode?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
162,000 for Ni No Kuni in NA alone, not including digital. Should we expect a sequel?

You'd think Level-5 actually having a modicum of success this go around would suggest that. HERES MORE DANBALL SENKI INSTEAD.

I'm more inclined to believe that PSP is ~1K, which would make PS3 < 263K. That would also fit with Wii seeing a February-type bump over January's 4-week adjusted numbers, too.
creamsugar told us PSP was ~10K January though. I don't know why it would suddenly be 1K. It could have declined in February though I guess.

Even at 255K, on a per week basis, that's an almost 60% increase over January.

Wii's per week increase will also be ~40%.

Which is why the stuff about how impressive the 45% increase for Wii U was seems rather silly now.

Elios83

Nino Kuni PS3 has now sold more copies in the US than Japan.

#hinoamcry

Well he gets the money anyway :D
Still I'm not sure what went wrong with Ni No Kuni in Japan, I don't think that people were so disappointed by the DS version that they ran away....
Also the collaboration with Ghibli should have resulted in more fans buying the game...
So it's definetly a weird case.

WiiU is avoiding market saturation which is a good thing in the short term. 300k Xbox 360s sold just means 300k fewer people purchasing an Xbox 360 next month. Therefore The WiiU's growth potential is larger than any console or handheld on the market.

BD1

Banned
The silver lining for Nintendo is that they probably made huge bank on 115K Wii sales.

But damn, Wii U is a disaster right now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ah, well that puts things into perspective. Thanks. I'm still salty about the lack of New Mystery.

Yeah but its understandable now why we did not. After SD bombing, and the really poor performance of PoR and RD, Nintendo was rather justified in assuming that the series was on decline (because it kinda was). Thankfully, Awakenings success will probably guarantee continued localizations for Fire Emblem.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
What kinda numbers did the DS put up around this time in it's lifecycle? I have a feeling that the 3DS is really underperforming, tho with the even worse WiiU numbers it doesn't really get noticed.

Top Bottom