• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

AZ Greg

WiiU is avoiding market saturation which is a good thing in the short term. 300k Xbox 360s sold just means 300k fewer people purchasing an Xbox 360 next month. Therefore The WiiU's growth potential is larger than any console or handheld on the market.

Plus everyone loves a good underdog that rises from the ashes. Pretty brilliant strategy when you think about it.

DaBoss

WiiU is avoiding market saturation which is a good thing in the short term. 300k Xbox 360s sold just means 300k fewer people purchasing an Xbox 360 next month. Therefore The WiiU's growth potential is larger than any console or handheld on the market.

/sarcasm

You forgot to put that there.

Orayn

I want to cry. This is like that forum post about how SWTOR losing tons of subscribers was just making room for even more future subs.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It has also sold more than any Tales of this gen in the US.

Should Namco be happy or sad?

Happy, they made money.

And its not that hard to outsell Tales of. That series is always rather low (but also stupidly consistent and reliable).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What kinda numbers did the DS put up around this time in it's lifecycle? I have a feeling that the 3DS is really underperforming, tho with the even worse WiiU numbers it doesn't really get noticed.

The original DS didn't release in the world of tablets/smartphones/iOS. To expect the same sales is asinine.

ezekial45

Banned
Pubs. lol. Sign NT -> get bomb

formula does not change

They already have a couple games lined. So NT ain't going anywhere, as long as publisher want to work with them, they'll continue to get work.

Which is just fine for me, since DmC was a very solid game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Kagari pls. DmC is a good game. Mechanically sound and well designed at least. Garbage is something like *insert random Squeenix game from this generation*

They turned Vergil into a Bleach character, jett. Not even good first few volumes Bleach. Kubo Tite's finest shit tier of awful. There are no prisons dark enough.

Dalthien

creamsugar told us PSP was ~10K January though. I don't know why it would suddenly be 1K. It could have declined in February though I guess.

NPD said:
Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February.

That would put PSP >8k at a minimum for Feb., with 10-12k being a fairly reasonable approximation.

Wiz

Amazing analysis my good sir.

Cidd

LMAO.gif

Mr. Fix

Yeah but its understandable now why we did not. After SD bombing, and the really poor performance of PoR and RD, Nintendo was rather justified in assuming that the series was on decline (because it kinda was). Thankfully, Awakenings success will probably guarantee continued localizations for Fire Emblem.

I'm still shocked at the PoR/RD numbers. Goddamn. At least the future's looking bright.

Somewhere between 200k-187k.

I'm guessing the old DMC games must have at least broke 500k within the first month for it to have the reactions I'm seeing here. Though hopefully Capcom learns from all this.

Alex

Kagari pls. DmC is a good game. Mechanically sound and well designed at least. Garbage is something like *insert random Squeenix game from this generation*

It's a good game (especially on PC), but it's not a good Devil May Cry game, so I don't really question the people wailing on it. I mean, it's closer to Alice than Devil May Cry. The fact that those fucking horrendous Castlevania reboot games get less hate blows my mind, though.

Mileena

Banned
To be fair, so was DMC4. I think Capcom was right in trying to inject new life into the IP but they just went about it the wrong way.

In what universe is DMC4 a garbage game? It's not a good game but it's certainly decent. DmC wishes it was even half as good as DMC4.

Great game imo. Unlike the average MGR:R.

You must not be very good at action games is all I can think of.

javac

Are fire emblem sales good? I know it was hard to find in the US, do you think that affected the sales significantly, and could that momentum be maintained until more stock comes?

ezekial45

Banned
Honestly, this overreaction from DMC fans about DmC is asinine as it is insulting. DmC is by no means a "garbage" game.

Seriously, grow up.

jett

D-Member
They turned Vergil into a Bleach character, jett. Not even good first few volumes Bleach. Kubo Tite's finest shit tier of awful. There are no prisons dark enough.

I've never watched Bleach ever. And thankfully I care about gameplay most in the games I play. Otherwise I wouldn't like MGR either. :p

Soriku

Happy, they made money.

And its not that hard to outsell Tales of. That series is always rather low (but also stupidly consistent and reliable).

If they put more effort in marketing Tales it would do better. They seem to be putting more effort in Xillia than Graces F. They even played Xillia's opening in Times Square.

antitrop

Honestly, this overreaction from DMC fans about DmC is asinine as it is insulting. DmC is by no means a "garbage" game.

Seriously, grow up.
There's only one person in this thread who has hated on DmC, and as far as I can tell she was never a fan of the franchise in the first place.

Top Bottom