• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2014 [Up2: PS4/XB1/Wii U/360 Hardware, BD/Poke/DK]

Glad to see Lightning Returns and Bravely Default in the top 10. It shows jrpgs are not dead yet in US and hopefully, we'll get more localizations.

Anyone know how BD did in Europe since its release in December?

madmackem

How many XB1's did Microsoft sell in January again? What was it like 145K or something? Decent bump in sales from last month if that is true.

I am surprised to see that Sony cannot ship more PS4's to the U.S. than this. Why are they still having such supply problems? I guess that Asian launch didn't help matters.

I still say they should've help off the Asian launch until the summertime and sent that extra stock of PS4's to the U.S.
They can't make them as fast, there is supply issues pretty much everywhere bar japan it would seem.

vareon

They financed it and published it in Japan, so SE still deserve money for financing the game.

The pot calling the kettle black.

I agree that the Squenix didn't deserve money is hyperbole, but reading the interviews it looked like Asano is the only person in the entire SE that actually wants to make the Bravely series.

LycanXIII

Which "leaker" on GAF claimed that ntkrnl was a controlled leak done by Microsoft to provoke some good news because of the "embarrassin" NPD sales this month? Lol.

Not a bad month for either the Xbox One or PS4.

I'm glad he was trying to make up for the sales in a month that hadn't even started yet.

B.O.O.M

Which "leaker" on GAF claimed that ntkrnl was a controlled leak done by Microsoft to provoke some good news because of the "embarrassin" NPD sales this month? Lol.

Your post was equally embarrassing to the MS NPD numbers that he was actually referring to..which was as mentioned by the below post was for January NPD

Lol indeed

You realize the statement was ntkrnl's leaks were claimed to be a controlled leak for January NPD numbers right?

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/429440792558456832

Very good numbers for MS, the gap with the PS4 is very small especially if we take into account the 100 dollar difference. With Titanfall's release and the associated bundles the XB1 has a very good chance of coming out on top in March.

Sean*O

They can't make them as fast, there is supply issues pretty much everywhere bar japan it would seem.

Another theory is that they were setting aside some stock last month to have more stock to ship this month to combat Titanfall and to support the release of InfamousSS.

Sean*O

COD stil sitting at #1 just shows how little influence the "gaming media" has over people's purchases. They roasted that game, almost every one of them, yet it's still on top. I love that.

shink

You realize the statement was ntkrnl's leaks were claimed to be a controlled leak for January NPD numbers right?

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/429440792558456832

lol
This Post Brought To You By the Microsoft Xbox One™, The All-in-One Entertainment System

Most fitting tag on this forum.
And why is the word "leaker" in quotes? If someone leaks information, they're a leaker--no quotation marks required.

Oh wait. That was meant to be a sardonic comment, wasn't it? That just makes your mistake ten times more hilarious (40x more so with the power of the cloud).

Cute.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not gushing over COD. I haven't touched it since November of last year. I'm merely pleased that the gaming media holds little power because I think they are an easily manipulated bunch.

I'm very interested in seeing how Titanfall ends up performing against CoD, I just don't see the thirst of the CoD crowd for something else. They seem to be happy with what they have.

Some people are so eager to anoint Infamous PS4's champion to go up against Titanfall. That's like Troy sending Hector to battle Achilles, but they chopped off one of Hector's hands first. The marketing for Titanfall is insane! I'm confident the Xbone version alone is going to absolutely smash Infamous in next month's NPD, and dare I say it will even outsell it worldwide. PS4 may be dominating in worldwide sales, but I don't think it will be enough to overcome Titanfall's monstrous tie ratio. Infamous is just not being positioned to be that sort of absolutely-must-have title for PS4. And that's okay. PS4 is selling well enough without needing to spend tens or hundreds of millions marketing any single title.

Regarding talk about potential lost PS3/PS4 sales of Titanfall EA incurred by selling-out to Microsoft, I have no idea what those companies' internal math says. It may have sold more simply by being available to a larger installed base. But I don't think it would have been that much more. First of all, if it was multiplat, Microsoft wouldn't be putting all that marketing money behind it. It would just be another multiplat FPS that goes up against COD, BF, KZ, etc.. It may sell well on its own merits after people experience it for themselves and sell it to their friends on it, but it wouldn't have that pre-launch frenzy it enjoyed as a hyper-marketed exclusive. I also think the 80+ million installed base of PS3 doesn't mean much. I think Titanfall PS4 would have actually outsold the PS3 version. I would have expected it to absolutely flop on PS3. Poor sales of late gen PS3 titles, even GT6, have shown that many gamers have moved on. I don't think an online-only multiplayer FPS that would have almost assuredly been the worst-performing version of the game would have sold well on PS3.

LOL IGN:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Looks like someone corrected Mitch Dyer work. Correction, they only corrected it on the front page or when you click on the article. It still has the original title before you click on it in the Xbox One section but it's no longer on the front page and PS4 section. The same guy that said you can't tell the difference between 720 and 1080p unless you have a 60 inch TV or bigger.

Also:
Microsoft to be 'Direct and Honest' With Fans (IGN)

I'm sorry, but IGN is looking more biased everyday.

GamerJM

Banned
Also regarding this whole March PS4 vs.Xbox One, Titanfall vs. InFamous thing, I'm uncertain as to how I feel, but do we know if the PS4 is still supply restrained right now? If it is then I think the Xbox One will take it fairly easily.

according to nintendo as of the end of 2013 the game had sold 1.94 million copies worldwide

* Shipped to retailers + sold-through to consumers on the Wii U eShop

When it comes to Nintendo and the fact that stock may sit around for a while before selling-through, this nuance makes a big difference.

Also regarding this whole March PS4 vs.Xbox One, Titanfall vs. InFamous thing, I'm uncertain as to how I feel, but do we know if the PS4 is still supply restrained right now? If it is then I think the Xbox One will take it fairly easily.

It was last month. I was just at Walmart and Best Buy today and both were sold out. Amazon has been getting a lot of shipments as well as Best Buy online which are selling out quick.

I really hope that Monster Hunter on Wii U has put up respectable digital numbers. I desperately want MH4U to come to the Wii U as I just cannot get into the game on a small screen. Please?

Didn't it sell solidly in Japan? That should count for something.

not happening unless Nintendo pay the development costs.

mechphree

Ps4 is going through some pretty bad supply constrains still. It's very hard to find (In Michigan Detroit ) say at a Walmart but bones are abundant. Sony is pretty much selling every ps4 it's making.

LOL IGN:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Looks like someone corrected Mitch Dyer work. The same guy that said you can't tell the difference between 720 and 1080p unless you have a 60 inch TV or bigger.
That's just pathetic. He doesn't work for Microsoft. Why is he spinning so hard for them? And even then, if he's talking about profits he doesn't even know how much money Microsoft are making or losing on each console sold, especially since they've been selling them at below retail price at a wide range of retailers.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have complete estimates yet? How did our brave handheld champions fare?

Top Bottom