• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2013 [Up5: BioShock Infinite]

Yeah, I would say Ubisoft and WB are still on board, at least for now.

That's 2 more than from Japan.
It's difficult to determine how much Warner and Ubisoft's current activity's were set in place prior to the Wii U selling this poorly though, with regard to Origins, Watch_Dogs, AssCreed; development could have already been well under way - too late to stop the train.

They're also current gen/cross gen, so porting isn't as much of an issue. When Ubi and WB go full next-gen, it will be interesting if Wii U SKUs continue.

If Wii U really did around 60k this month, I don't think even someone like myself can find any way to spin that one.

I5vKUBW.png

Majmun

The Wii U is currently such a mess across the globe.

I really don't know what Nintendo can do anymore...

Gonna need more than a 200k off ballpark! Pachter said 55k. If its back to that January woe level in a month with actual games, this party is OVER.

Pachter / Wedbush Wii U predictions:
Wii U – 55,000 (n/a)

EEDAR Wii U predictions:
Wii U - 65,000 (n/a)

<61K would be relatively in line with Pachter's predictions.

TheNatural

My Member!
Gonna need more than a 200k off ballpark! Pachter said 55k. If its back to that January woe level in a month with actual games, this party is OVER.

Well we already know the party is over. We're just wondering how bad at this point. No more kegs and passing out, or throwing up the alcohol and drinking the puke.

Pachter / Wedbush bWii U predictions:
Wii U – 55,000 (n/a)

EEDAR Wii U predictions:
Wii U - 65,000 (n/a)

Time to hand out those Pachter was right T-shirts then...

I'd wait for creamsugar or John Harker to give some sort of confirmation.

Nintendo will need probably the best E3 they have produced to prevent this rotting. True I'm disappointed in Wii U and it's strategy but I never thought things would be this bad for them. How is it doing in Japan?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There is hope for Monster Hunter!
Callahan added that "with solid performances of new games like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, 3DS software sales increased over 50% from last March.” He also noted that "based on the launch of BioShock Infinite and continued strength of NBA 2K13, software sales for Take 2 Interactive were the highest for any March since The NPD Group began tracking retail sales (1995).”​

Castlevania also released in March, and it wasn't mentioned there, so it must have bombed, but MH3U doesn't seem to have bombed for the 3DS!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PARTYHARD4.gif

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Pachter / Wedbush Wii U predictions:
Wii U – 55,000 (n/a)

EEDAR Wii U predictions:
Wii U - 65,000 (n/a)

I said 60-70k in the thread, giving them a little benefit of the doubt with 5 weeks and actual game releases. For me 60k is tragic, but dipping below that mark and into the fifties is "Its Dead, Jim" territory.

liger05

If the wii u did less than last month with 2 releases and an extra week then there really is no hope going forward.

Ridley327

I hope Nintendo backed up the Brinks truck, it would take a lot of money to make up for the lost sales they could have had going multiplat.

I think they funded the whole game, so I don't think WB is missing out on that much.

As it's been said in this thread and other in the past, I don't think the potential is there for a LEGO game to do as well as the ones that feature popular licenses. Granted, none of the original games that have been put out have gotten pushes like LCU has, but I seriously doubt it's a coincidence that the games that have been released were done so during a time where those franchises had maximum visibility. It's a strange game for Nintendo to make a big deal out of, but given their relationship with WB appears to be quite strong, perhaps there wasn't much else they could.

Durante

I said 60-70k in the thread, giving them a little benefit of the doubt with 5 weeks and actual game releases. For me 60k is tragic, but dipping below that mark and into the fifties is "Its Dead, Jim" territory.
Those were the 60s though.
When I read the 200k post "It's dead, Jim" is literally what I thought

Top Bottom