• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD will no longer release monthly hardware/software unit sales

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jonsoncao said:
Sports Champion counts toward HW or SW?

By the sounds of it, the bundle was in the accessories chart. The standalone would be in the software chart though obviously.

Either way, with the combined SKU approach, I wouldn't have expected it to be remotely in the top 10.

jkanownik

sillymonkey321 said:
*looks at standings*

Spider-bomb.

But according to Take Two Mafia II is profitable, so surely a game that sold slightly less and didn't take five years to develop was even more profitable. Spider-cha-ching!

Sony launched the Slim in September 2009, which sold close to 500,000 units that month. So, it's not a surprise to see a decline from Sony's September 2009 numbers.

Nintendo hasn't done anything to merit YOY increases.

Microsoft released Halo Reach, and continued to ride the momentum they started with their slim launch. Microsoft is the only company that should have been expected to beat their September 2009 numbers.

The biggest surprise to me, would have to be KHBBS charting that highly.

dwebo said:
So... two points cards did better than Move?
Yep. The Move SKUs are tracked separately, however, so maybe Move as a whole outsold the cards.

...Or maybe not. Without numbers we'll never know, thus all the complaining.

Chris1964 said:
If NPD starts providing multiplaform rankings from now on things are worse than I thought.
That's what they're doing now--no numbers, and by title instead of SKU (despite that console and handheld iterations can be pretty different).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
poppabk said:
"There are 5 games, one game sold twice as much as another game which sold 5,000 more copies than another game. The best selling game sold 3 times as much as the second lowest selling game which...."

"I'll pay! How much?!"
"Twice the fare from Tuscon to Flagstaff minus two thirds of the fare
Albuquerque to El Paso! Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!"

duk

Banned
wassup with casual market? they done or moving to hardcore consoles now that they are cheaper?

wii needs to be $150 asap

Top Bottom