• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

TaKeRx

Goddamnit all I really need is Strawberry Fields Forever. It will be really sad if they did in fact stopped making DLC.

Daigoro

SORRY FOR THE BUMP!

believe me fuckers i want DLC more than all of you combined. :p

just a heads up. Newegg has this game on sale for under 16$ shipped, software only. if anyone needs a copy (i needed a spare, our band buddies copy resides at the house we gather at to rock).

*anyone know where i can pick up a super cheap spare guitar?

EazyB

Banned
Yeah, I kind of hope they dropped DLC support because of RB3's keyboard and that they'll re-release TBR with keyboard support and all the DLC included. I'd double dip.

Daigoro

rhfb said:
$50 gets you the GH5 controller from Amazon (or walmart)

too expensive. thats half way to a Gretch (god i want a Gretch of my own... they dont sell those anywhere anymore do they?)

sucks that i missed out on those $10 explorers a ways back. shoulda picked up a few for spares...

thanks though.

Yeah, I picked this up for $15 (tax added after) for 360 at my local Borders bookstore. You should all go check yours to see if it's there too.

Baron

Quick (possibly stupid) question - can you purchase and play non-Beatles DLC songs from the RB store for play in Beatles Rock Band? Or are you restricted to Beatles-only songs?

And if you can, how does it work in-game? do the Beatles sing and play the songs onscreen?

Baron

peetfeet said:
Only Beatles DLC can be played.

Seriously? Alright, the game is probably going back to the store. I found a good deal on it and was looking for an inexpensive in for karaoke, but if all I can do are Beatles songs...no deal.

Conversely, can you buy and play Beatles DLC if you only own Rock Band 1-2-3 itself and not the Beatles-specific game? I may keep it if you can't, Beatles have some great music.

Baron said:
Seriously? Alright, the game is probably going back to the store. I found a good deal on it and was looking for an inexpensive in for karaoke, but if all I can do are Beatles songs...no deal.

Conversely, can you buy and play Beatles DLC if you only own Rock Band 1-2-3 itself and not the Beatles-specific game? I may keep it if you can't, Beatles have some great music.
You bought a game called Beatles Rock Band :p

Baron said:

Beatles RB DLC only works in Beatles RB.

Baron said:

The Beatles music is exclusive to TB:RB. You can't play it in any other game.

Baron said:

Nope, the Beatles game and DLC live in their own little universe. Which is a real shame, because I'd pay an 800 point export fee to have all the Beatles' songs and DLC playable in Rock Band 3. But for now if I want to play some Beatles, the RB3 disc comes out and RB:B goes in.

It's unlikely to ever change, but I hold out hope. (other RB games, RB1, RB2, Lego RB and Green Day let you pay a fee to export most of the tracks from the disc onto your HDD for use in other RB games, Beatles is the only exception)

Baron

The Lamonster said:
You bought a game called Beatles Rock Band :p

Yeah, but it is a Rock Band game, you can't fault me for thinking maybe the Rock Band Music Store sold other songs that could be used in it.

distantmantra said:
Beatles RB DLC only works in Beatles RB.
Blu_LED said:
The Beatles music is exclusive to TB:RB. You can't play it in any other game.
Dead Man Typing said:
Nope, the Beatles game and DLC live in their own little universe.

Thank you gentlemen - I think I'll keep the game after all, then. I felt a bit bad buying it for as little as I paid for it, but I'm not really a Rock Bandy/Guitar Heroey kind of guy. As it is, I have no intention of using any of the instruments, just the mics for singing along.

It was only $7 at Target. (!)

Top Bottom