• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

Mark D said:
Odd question but I'm really hoping someone can help me with this...

I finally got around to buying Abbey Road and tried out the medley today but I can't hear the drums in any of the songs... actually some guitar riffs are missing as well. It just sounds like part of the mix has been left out.

What the fucking fuck is causing this? Every other song in the game works fine.

Never heard of that problem before. Have you tried other songs since getting the problem? If it's only effecting that album then I'd imagine the download is corrupt. Try deleting and re-downloading.

peetfeet

Just got round to getting the game, love it.

Is it known now what the code is for on the back of the manual? I haven't been keeping up like I should do, sorry. Mines a PAL UK version if it makes a difference.

If it is active now, where do i redeem it i cant find anywhere to enter it on the BRB site....

birdman

peetfeet said:
Just got round to getting the game, love it.

Is it known now what the code is for on the back of the manual? I haven't been keeping up like I should do, sorry. Mines a PAL UK version if it makes a difference.

If it is active now, where do i redeem it i cant find anywhere to enter it on the BRB site....

The code does nothing. Harmonix said it is just standard procedure to serialize the manual.

I ended up with SIX free songs. The guy at Gamestop gave me a card when I picked up the game, and then I got another one emailed to me since I ordered online with in-store pick up. :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
VH1 to air making of The Beatles Rock Band

http://rockbandaide.com/making-of-the-beatles-rock-band-to-air-on-vh1-classic/

Celebrating the massive development effort behind The Beatles: Rock Band, VH1 has created a special look at how the game was created, including never-before-seen footage of Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at Abbey Road Studios being presented with work in progress by the Harmonix creative team. “The Making of The Beatles: Rock Band” is a 30-minute special that features interviews from Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project and Music Supervisor for The Beatles: Rock Band, and Alex Rigopulos, co-founder and CEO or Harmonix Music Systems, as well as additional interviews with the development team. The special reveals the origins of the game and a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the music video game that the New York Times called “the most important video game yet made.” “The Making of The Beatles: Rock Band” will premiere Friday, November 27th on VH1 Classic at 7:30 PM ET/PT.

peetfeet

OK, so i finally got round to inviting a friend to play with me last night, only we couldn't.

If we accepted each others invite we got an error "Can't connect to the session" every damn time, is this the PSN fault or is there some kind of issue? UK PAL version btw and playing online with randoms works fine, as do invites in RB/RB2.

Daigoro

Wario64 said:
VH1 to air making of The Beatles Rock Band

http://rockbandaide.com/making-of-the-beatles-rock-band-to-air-on-vh1-classic/

Celebrating the massive development effort behind The Beatles: Rock Band, VH1 has created a special look at how the game was created, including never-before-seen footage of Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at Abbey Road Studios being presented with work in progress by the Harmonix creative team. “The Making of The Beatles: Rock Band” is a 30-minute special that features interviews from Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project and Music Supervisor for The Beatles: Rock Band, and Alex Rigopulos, co-founder and CEO or Harmonix Music Systems, as well as additional interviews with the development team. The special reveals the origins of the game and a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the music video game that the New York Times called “the most important video game yet made.” “The Making of The Beatles: Rock Band” will premiere Friday, November 27th on VH1 Classic at 7:30 PM ET/PT.

thanks for the heads up.

peetfeet

RE: Beatles Rock Band Invite errors I was constantly experiencing.

Not sure if this only applies to UK/PAL regions at this point but I thought I'd give a heads up anyway for any UK GAFers here.

I had been trying to join friends (and them join me) via game invites these last two nights but was constantly getting an error when trying to join - "Can't connect to the session" . Invites in RB/RB2 work fine, as does the random online multiplayer in all games inc B:RB.

I eventually worked that the PS3 needs to be assigned a static IP and specific ports need to be open on your router for B:RB invites to work.

The ports being:

TCP

UDP

If your router supports DMZ this also needs to be enabled and your PS3's static IP be assigned to it. My router doesnt support it but my friends PS3 would still not work after assigning ports until he enabled DMZ in his router settings.

woodypop

Is there some sort of release schedule for DLC?

Just picked up this game recently, and am wondering when Hey Jude and Eleanor Rigby might be available.

Daigoro

im wondering the same thing about upcoming stuff.

do we have any idea what is next and what is expected to come out in the future? are they planning on releasing all of the major albums as DLC?

i want it all please.

birdman

Daigoro said:
im wondering the same thing about upcoming stuff.

do we have any idea what is next and what is expected to come out in the future? are they planning on releasing all of the major albums as DLC?

i want it all please.

We really have no idea past Rubber Soul this month. Revolver is a good guess for next month though.

karobit

Mark D said:
Odd question but I'm really hoping someone can help me with this...

I finally got around to buying Abbey Road and tried out the medley today but I can't hear the drums in any of the songs... actually some guitar riffs are missing as well. It just sounds like part of the mix has been left out.

What the fucking fuck is causing this? Every other song in the game works fine.

I had this problem for a long time but after searching all over and finding no one with the same symptoms I figured the problem had to be on my end. Sure enough, while listening to Abbey Road in the car a few weeks later, I inquisitively fiddled with the balance -- sure enough, the right channel has most of the drums for the medley (and, noticeably, the solo on Polythene Pam). A quick fix with the cables from my 360 to my receiver and everything was good as new.

Daigoro

saw a Walmart holiday BRB commecrial the other night. looks like its still getting good advertising. hope it does well over the holidays.

everyone should own this game!

birdman said:
We really have no idea past Rubber Soul this month. Revolver is a good guess for next month though.

that would be a great start.

cant wait for Rubber Soul. its going to rock.

Dartastic

If any of you live in San Francisco, Umloud is going to have all of the Rubber Soul DLC available to play; and you'll be able to donate to Child's Play! Should be a blast!

Chris R

Too bad this game is doing great :( I wanna pick it up at bomba prices since the DLC I'd be forced to buy would cost so damn much. Anyone know if this will be in the 30$ range before the end of the year? I looked during the whole BF week but didn't really see anything for the standalone PS3 game.

rhfb said:
Too bad this game is doing great :( I wanna pick it up at bomba prices since the DLC I'd be forced to buy would cost so damn much. Anyone know if this will be in the 30$ range before the end of the year? I looked during the whole BF week but didn't really see anything for the standalone PS3 game.

Same position here, waited all through BF week for a deal, finally just bought it at $50. Oh well. :/

Daigoro

its worth it!

but yeah, the DLC can start getting expensive. (still worth it!) the game is just so fun. even the songs that dont seem like they'd be fun to play, or the ones you think you're tired of become great again as soon as you start play play them.

good times.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
2 quick questions:

How many voices can be in total during a performance? 3?

Are the Singstar mics recognized as two mics or the game only recognizes 1?

Daigoro

the Lips mics work well. you just need to turn down the sensitivity in game a bit because they will feed back.

the awesome thing about having multiple singers is that you can sing any part (lead or any harmony) from any mic at any time. so even if youre not mic #1 you can still sing the lead part for example. you can also have everyone sing the lead vocals at the same time.

usually now me and my friends all play instruments and sing at the same time. so its great during tough instrument parts to have a friend step in and help with the lead vocals. you can mix and match harmonies, etc.

really brilliant setup. now every time we pop in RB2 we really miss the harmony and multiple mic setup of TBRB. its so hard to go back to having only 1 mic.

every future RB game needs the vocal system from TBRB from here on out. for reals.

What's with the wonky ass pricing on Abbey Road? $16.50 for like 7 songs, half of which are nothings taken from the Medley? Also lttp wtf @ having to even buy the medley in the first place.

ElNarez

Banned
Rubber Soul is out, and no one seems to care :(

Too bad, because Run For Your Life on guitar+vox is tons and tons of domestic abuse fun.

SuperPac

ElNarez said:

Too bad, because Run For Your Life on guitar+vox is tons and tons of domestic abuse fun.

I picked it up and played through some of the tracks. It's pretty great. Hoping this isn't the last of the Beatles DLC we see, but... who knows how well what's released already has sold. Would be great to get more somehow.

ElNarez said:

Nice. Looking at some of the charts on YouTube, In My Life looks really good. Norwegian Wood as well.

I'll probably pick up at least a couple from this, but I'm still hoping for Revolver soon. I want We Can Work It Out so desperately, but if they're only doing albums for DLC I guess I'm screwed unless they do Past Masters.

I care but between working and having finals for my online classes I haven't had any time to even play Abbey Road or Sgt. Peppers. I need to catch up!

AlexMogil

ElNarez said:

It's honestly my favorite song on that album... and I love that album.

I know, I know, John hated it, who cares.

Daigoro

awesome. cant wait to play it!

megashock5 said:
I want We Can Work It Out so desperately, but if they're only doing albums for DLC I guess I'm screwed unless they do Past Masters.

i want it too. very much. hope it makes it out.

Hey guys, I'd figure I'd be cool and give these Rubber Soul tracks to GAF. They only work with the European Version of Beatles Rock Band, so if you've got it, enjoy these:

Girl 5P5B-G9BM-MFGD
In My Life K7AQ-8RBK-PA92
Michelle 2AML-C9BP-838B
Norwegian Wood GFAT-KDBN-8TJF
Nowhere Man 9RDB-G5BQ-DQ83
Run For Your Life 2A3E-9FB2-CH4D
Think For Yourself 2N64-JEB4-L7D6
The Word R3TT-CMBL-TT6L
Wait A6F7-CNBL-A4LR
What Goes On 8AAJ-6DBJ-LD5Q
You Won't See Me F5JQ-MGBJ-R2G2

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Thanks a million,

I managed to snag 4 of them to go along with the 3 I bought yesterday.

Again, thanks and happy christmas.

PedroRVD

I have the 3 DLC albums and I can say Rubber Soul is the weaker of the 3.

I think nothing will ever beat the Abbey Road Medley which is the greatest music in a music game, yesterday, today and forever.

Top Bottom