• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

birdman

Laurent said:
Thanks! I guess it's not as big as Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Demo to be released on a Tuesday...

Being a first party endeavor didn't hurt Uncharted 2's chance to come out before the standard update either.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tadale said:
On the Xbox 360, you can by Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh Darling, and Because by themselves. I wanted to purchase Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight, but you can't without buying the entire album. I'm actually really mad about this; it seems extremely shady.
Yeah, only those three are on their own.

If you buy the full album, you get those three songs, plus the full medley, plus the medley separately out into smaller chunks (YNGMYM, Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard, Polythene Pam/SCITTBW, Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End, Her Majesty).

I think it's mainly because, since they probably wouldn't be able to charge full price for Her Majesty and one or two other parts of the medley, making the album the ONLY way to get even parts of the medley is the only way to make it a really good deal compared to buying the parts individually.

I imagine they're probably going to try and find some way to add some extra incentive to buy Sgt. Pepper's too, since by my count, assuming the prices are all the same, it would probably be cheaper to buy the songs not already in the game individually than it would be to buy the whole album.

Rubber Soul probably won't be the same, though, since the album is only barely represented in the game currently.

EDIT: Ooh, just tried playing the smaller segments on their own. Mean Mr. Mustard's dreamscape is COMPLETELY different when it's only paired with Sun King. Have to check some of the others.

Aaron

I wanted just the melody myself, but I'll take the whole album fine. I'd be lying to myself if I said I wouldn't play the A side songs. Personally, wanting just fragments of the melody is a little odd. Golden Slumbers is easily my fav bit, but it's not the same without its place in the whole ensemble.

NewBrof

You Never Give Me Your Money

if you can't buy it alone, well then never give them your money :D

the album selection in the quick play is kind of disappointing, because I have to scroll way down to the end of the list. Is there a really quick way to play the abbey road album ...?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The only Abbey Road tracks I like that aren't in the game already are Maxwell's Silver Hammer, You Never Give Me Your Money, Golden Slumbers, and Carry That Weight. Most of the rest are White-Album-filler-level shit. It sucks that I can only buy Maxwell's Silver Hammer separately.
I'm planning on buying the other two albums, so I used a Gamestop code to finish side one. I just have to write off those other three tracks.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
TAJ said:
The only Abbey Road tracks I like that aren't in the game already are Maxwell's Silver Hammer, You Never Give Me Your Money, Golden Slumbers, and Carry That Weight. Most of the rest are White-Album-filler-level shit. It sucks that I can only buy Maxwell's Silver Hammer separately.
I'm planning on buying the other two albums, so I used a Gamestop code to finish side one. I just have to write off those other three tracks.
Pfft. white album has no filler.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
mattiewheels said:
Pfft. white album has no filler.
Lol... If you took out all of the filler, it wouldn't even need to be a double-album anymore.

ElNarez

Banned
TAJ said:
Wait... You're putting the Abbey Road Medley and Because on the same level as Wild Honey Pie ? You sir have no taste. Go away now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, You Never Give Me Your Money's dreamscape is also totally different when it's on its own than when it's in the medley.

I guess they had to kind of simplify some of the dreamscapes for the medley so that they could all stream together without having to load some new environment.

Minamu

I listened to the Abbey Road songs through youtube yesterday. How anyone can say that that record is among the best of them all is beyond my understanding :lol Apart from the ones already in the game, it made me wanna throw up. Okay, not really, but I won't be buying them when it fits Harmonix to release them on PSN, the lazy bastards. I hope next month's album is better :p

To clarify; the songs didn't fit my tastes, nor were they very "poppy". I definitely prefer their more upbeat happy go lucky pop music era, if there is such a thing.

ElNarez

Banned
Minamu said:
I listened to the Abbey Road songs through youtube yesterday. How anyone can say that that record is among the best of them all is beyond my understanding :lol Apart from the ones already in the game, it made me wanna throw up. Okay, not really, but I won't be buying them when it fits Harmonix to release them on PSN, the lazy bastards. I hope next month's album is better :p
1. You're wrong
2. Next album is Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

TaKeRx

Minamu said:

To clarify; the songs didn't fit my tastes, nor were they very "poppy". I definitely prefer their more upbeat happy go lucky pop music era, if there is such a thing.
What the..... I don't even.....

MetatronM said:
EDIT: Ooh, just tried playing the smaller segments on their own. Mean Mr. Mustard's dreamscape is COMPLETELY different when it's only paired with Sun King. Have to check some of the others.

Wait, what? Two dreamscapes per song, depending on how they are played (medley vs. mini-groupings)? That is the fucking shit. So glad it is Thursday! C'mon 5PM!!

birdman

Space Cadet said:
Wait, what? Two dreamscapes per song, depending on how they are played (medley vs. mini-groupings)? That is the fucking shit. So glad it is Thursday! C'mon 5PM!!

If it's anything like the normal PSN RB updates, it should pop up in the game's music store earlier than that.

TAJ

VistraNorrez said:
I'll agree the White Album has no filler, but only if you view it as one experience rather than a collection of tracks.
The White Album is a concept album now? I missed the memo. I always thought it was the opposite of a concept album. It's utterly disjointed. It's not even a Beatles album really, but a collection of solo albums.

Borman

Abbey Road is on the Beatles Rock Band Store for the PS3 :) Currently downloading.

Edit: Just played through the Abbey Road Melody = <3333

Minamu

Borman said:
Abbey Road is on the Beatles Rock Band Store for the PS3 :) Currently downloading.

Edit: Just played through the Abbey Road Melody = <3333
It's not up on the normal PAL store from what I can see. I read something about it not coming until next week over here. PAL screwed again!
Not that I care this week :p

NewBrof said:

the album selection in the quick play is kind of disappointing, because I have to scroll way down to the end of the list. Is there a really quick way to play the abbey road album ...?

If it's like RB2, you can sort tracks by downloaded songs

NewBrof said:

OK, now that I've actually tried it out, here's the fastest way: go to album sorting, then hold down the category button (on drums it's the bass pedal). It'll bring up a quick list of albums, then you just have to scroll through album names, not their songs

Dreamwriter said:
OK, now that I've actually tried it out, here's the fastest way: go to album sorting, then hold down the category button (on drums it's the bass pedal). It'll bring up a quick list of albums, then you just have to scroll through album names, not their songs
If you're on drums, go to Her Majesty (easiest song, thus the first song) and then sort by album and you're right in Abbey Road.

Minamu

BanGy.nz said:
Someone make the bad words go away.

I'm in New Zealand and none of the DLC is available here =(
What I meant was, I watched corporalgregg3 play the DLC with his online band in HD :p I don't think listening to the record on CD makes the songs less zZz :lol

Minamu said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Holy shit post of the year.

B-Ri

For some reason The Beatles Rock Band is being hella weird with awarding me trophies. We beat the entire game in one session, and got "day tripper" according to the game, but the trophy wasnt awarded.

Also some of the stage trophies for beating a song in that specific stage were not awarded. According to the game i was awarded "Passing The Audition" but the trophy wasnt awarded, and after reattempting to obtain it, it still wouldnt award it to me.

Minamu

Blu_LED said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Holy shit post of the year.
Yeah yeah :p I understand I have deviant Beatles taste, let's move on :)

Since we're on the subject, the dlc is priced kinda weird here in Sweden. The whole album goes for 103 SEK, which would be 14.5224$. Couldn't they have put up a normal price like 100 or 110 SEK? o_O

birdman

Minamu said:
Since we're on the subject, the dlc is priced kinda weird here in Sweden. The whole album goes for 103 SEK, which would be 14.5224$. Couldn't they have put up a normal price like 100 or 110 SEK? o_O

Lucky bastard. You're getting it a few bucks cheaper than us.

woxel1

Ladies and gentlemen, I have arrived:

hermajesty1.jpg

hermajesty2.jpg

applause

What the frak? I just finally got around to inputting the download codes for the three free songs I got as a Gamestop pre-order bonus... and it's telling me the codes are invalid. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't even know who I'm supposed to complain to, there's no reply or support link on the email I received with the codes.

Gary Whitta said:
What the frak? I just finally got around to inputting the download codes for the three free songs I got as a Gamestop pre-order bonus... and it's telling me the codes are invalid. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't even know who I'm supposed to complain to, there's no reply or support link on the email I received with the codes.
What were the codes for? I preordered and never got any.

Johnkers

Gary Whitta said:

Try again now. I just redeemed some codes (thanks Allegate!) but they listed one song twice so I wasn't able to get Oh! Darling unfortunately.

Oh well, A Day In The Life and Lovely Rita downloading now! :D

Daigoro

:eek: what? Sgt Pepper?

this game fucking rules. i played it last week with the band after a week or so hiatus and we had a blast. so many great songs to choose from.

all DLC for this game will be bought. no questions asked.

Mark D

Odd question but I'm really hoping someone can help me with this...

I finally got around to buying Abbey Road and tried out the medley today but I can't hear the drums in any of the songs... actually some guitar riffs are missing as well. It just sounds like part of the mix has been left out.

What the fucking fuck is causing this? Every other song in the game works fine.

fernoca

Since they apparently never fixed it on the PS3 version of Rock Band 2...are they going to finally fix the whole thing about voice chat only though the TV speakers, rather than the headset (again, PS3 version)??

Varna

fernoca said:
Since they apparently never fixed it on the PS3 version of Rock Band 2...are they going to finally fix the whole thing about voice chat only though the TV speakers, rather than the headset (again, PS3 version)??

Obviously not.

Mark D said:
Odd question but I'm really hoping someone can help me with this...

I finally got around to buying Abbey Road and tried out the medley today but I can't hear the drums in any of the songs... actually some guitar riffs are missing as well. It just sounds like part of the mix has been left out.

What the fucking fuck is causing this? Every other song in the game works fine.

What system? I've got the PS3 version, no problems there. Maybe you've got the sound settings in your system different from how they are setup in your stereo, if you have one?

Top Bottom