• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

Dreamwriter said:
If they were 10 full songs, you'd be right. But they aren't. Most of those songs are the little dregs, bits here and here that the Beatles just hadn't gotten around to finishing, which is why they threw them all on as one big medley, smoothly going from one to the next. I mean, two of those songs are just a minute long, and another two 90 seconds!

The full 16-minute medley is cool and all, but I think $17 is just too pricey for what you get. I may still get it, just to have more to play, but I also might just get two or three full songs from the album and call it good.
Shut the fuck up. You can get to play the fucking B-Side Medley as one track. I would have payed $100 for just the B-Side Medley.

Wizpig

Guys, you can play the whole game just with a Microphone, right?
Story mode, etc?

Like it's some sort of Singstar or LIPS game:D ?
Thanks.

Just Gold Starred the last few songs I needed for the achievements :D

I only need to nail some damn hard Beatles Beats, the drum solo, all HOs/POs in Dig A Pony and the harmonies, then I'm pretty much finished.

After they do Revolver in January, I really hope they follow up with a nasty ass singles pack in February, featuring Hey Jude. That would really make this game.

The "dreamscape" could be the same as the music video.

btrboyev

i fucking hate online jerkoffs..i'm by no means the best drummer out there, but I can finish every song on expert in the 90% or higher range and people tell me I suck and refuse to play past one or two songs.

Minamu

I finished all the challenges today on guitar expert ^^ Wasn't that hard. I even managed to get the hopo trophy for Dear Prudence, with my mom watching o_O I usually buckle under pressure but not today for some reason.

Also, can anybody confirm that it's impossible to get the harmony trophies online (where you have to nail every single double/triple fab thing)? I don't have the option of playing 3 players locally :'( Well, technically I do, if the ps2 singstar mics work, but I'll never find 2 people that are willing to do it with me...

bounchfx said:
so are you pulling this out of your ass, or out of your ass?
Someone from HMX said that it was a big fight around the office of whether to do Rubber Soul or Revolver after Sgt. Peppers, and Rubber Soul won by a small margin. So one would assume they had the okay to do both, and are going to do Revolver right after.

It's not 100% confirmed yet, but it seems like its going to happen.

olimpia84

Minamu said:
Also, can anybody confirm that it's impossible to get the harmony trophies online (where you have to nail every single double/triple fab thing)? I don't have the option of playing 3 players locally :'( Well, technically I do, if the ps2 singstar mics work, but I'll never find 2 people that are willing to do it with me...

Offline only

Sh0k

Gary Whitta said:
If people are looking for a cheap guitar deal Best Buy is currently selling the Guitar Hero III double guitar edition with two wireless Les Pauls for $50.
Some Target's has the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle with two Les Paul in clearence for $23.

corkscrewblow said:
Especially since it's the most fun song in the game on guitar.

Really? I have it on 360 and didn't think to get the song yet since I don't have too many xbox points.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps won't be topped, though. Most fun song since Killer Queen.

just had a family get together today and finished this with my parents and my sisters and me :)

great game. makes me look froward to the upcoming album releases even more.

painey

I'm a Beatles fan but I fell into the hype and bought half a game for full price with the rest of the content being delivered via expensive DLC over months and months.

birdman

painey said:
I'm a Beatles fan but I fell into the hype and bought half a game for full price with the rest of the content being delivered via expensive DLC over months and months.

I'm not following your half-game logic. Sure it only has 45 songs, but I've been playing the game consistently since it came out and I feel it was worth every penny. Sure you overhyped yourself, but this was by no means a half-game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
painey said:
I don't think this is entirely fair. There's a really well-rounded experience in the included material.

Blu_LED said:
Shut the fuck up. You can get to play the fucking B-Side Medley as one track. I would have payed $100 for just the B-Side Medley.

I keep seeing this mentioned - Has this been confirmed? That those songs will play without a break after each little 'song' to show the percentages? I seriously hope that is the case, but I would think that would need to be a seperate 'stand alone' track - seeing as how they are offering up some of those songs indivually.

Red Mercury said:
I keep seeing this mentioned - Has this been confirmed? That those songs will play without a break after each little 'song' to show the percentages? I seriously hope that is the case, but I would think that would need to be a seperate 'stand alone' track - seeing as how they are offering up some of those songs indivually.

http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/news/post/8

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End.”

birdman

Red Mercury said:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158588

Abbey Road (1969)
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks

• “Come Together”
• “Something”
• “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
• “Oh! Darling”
• “Octopus’s Garden”
• “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)”
• “Here Comes The Sun”
• “Because”
• “You Never Give Me Your Money”
• “Sun King”
• “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”
• “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”
• “Carry That Weight”
• “The End”
• “Her Majesty”

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."

birdman said:

Right, but that doesn't necessarily say that the medley will really be perfectly seamless. It will *probably* be, but then I expected the challenges to not go to a separate loading screen...doesn't really feel like a single challenge of playing 4 songs when there's 30 seconds of loading between songs and not a continuous star meter. I could easily see them loading up the medley in there that way.

soul creator said:

Outstanding! Definintely worth picking up the whole album then and not doing it one by one. Kind of makes the "3 Free Songs" deal that Gamestop put out worthless, but oh well. They accidentally gave me one when I pre-ordered, and one when I picked up the game - guess I'll just use the 2nd one for the Peppers tracks.

I'll be really curious to see how they do the transitions on the 'dreamscapes' for the 16 minute version...

Dreamwriter said:
Right, but that doesn't necessarily say that the medley will really be perfectly seamless.

I think you read the above posts too quickly.

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
painey said:

Agree with you. I'm bored off the game already. I've played through the story mode 3 times already and played all songs on quickplay plenty of times. Its just too short in length and in content.

Ridley327

If I had to guess, I figure that the medley will be just one long and separate track from the rest of the songs that comprise it. It's the easiest way to solve the transition problem, adds a huge incentive for buying the album and you'd technically be getting 13 tracks, making the $16.99 a better deal.

XShagrath

Dreamwriter said:
Right, but that doesn't necessarily say that the medley will really be perfectly seamless. It will *probably* be, but then I expected the challenges to not go to a separate loading screen...doesn't really feel like a single challenge of playing 4 songs when there's 30 seconds of loading between songs and not a continuous star meter. I could easily see them loading up the medley in there that way.

What game are you playing? Loading time in TB:RB is super-fast on my system. Sure, I'd love no load times, but 1-2 seconds ain't bad.

Cathcart

Blu_LED said:
After they do Revolver in January, I really hope they follow up with a nasty ass singles pack in February, featuring Hey Jude.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure "Nasty Ass Singles Pack" was the original title for Past Masters. Too bad they changed it :(

PedroRVD

its ironic that when loading screens and sounds there in this game are incredible they are almost non existant (when you have it installed you almost dont see or hear anything). HMX should have given the option to start a song when I press a button....really. =)

For those who are bored with the game....sell it to somebody who really deserves it and go buy gh5 and preorder band hero.

Ridley327

PedroRVD said:
its ironic that when loading screens and sounds there in this game are incredible they are almost non existant (when you have it installed you almost dont see or hear anything). HMX should have given the option to start a song when I press a button....really. =)

I notice they don't do that in quickplay, but they let you do just that in Story mode. You can opt to listen to the entire intro which will then automatically kick you into the song, but the impatient people can press start to get right into it.

Yeef

I was playing online last night and there was some little girl singing along. New generation of BEatles fans confirmed.

Blu_LED said:
After they do Revolver in January, I really hope they follow up with a nasty ass singles pack in February, featuring Hey Jude. That would really make this game.

The "dreamscape" could be the same as the music video.

I want some singles on the store so I can have 'We Can Work It Out'

It's killing me not to have that one.

olimpia84

btrboyev said:
i fucking hate online jerkoffs..i'm by no means the best drummer out there, but I can finish every song on expert in the 90% or higher range and people tell me I suck and refuse to play past one or two songs.

This is the reason why I don't play online. Most of the people seem to be too much concerned getting their stupid high scores and achievements instead of just relaxing and enjoying the game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeef said:
I was playing online last night and there was some little girl singing along. New generation of BEatles fans confirmed.

really? When I played I couldn't hear the other person singing.

Yeef

alr1ghtstart said:
really? When I played I couldn't hear the other person singing.
She wasn't actually the vocalist (there was none). I assume someone else in her family was playing Bass and she was just singing along.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I just got my Dresch in the mail. The strum bar seems a little loose and there is like a springy/vibrating sound right around the bar when I move it. Assume it's broken, yes?

Red Mercury said:
Nope. No stopping, no breaks, no sound cut off. You get to play the B-Side Medley as it's meant to be heard.

Of course, you could play each song separately if you wanted to.

Xboxers who have "All You Need Is Love", do they chart John screaming out "She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah" at the end? Do they chart it for the main vocals or a harmony?

Ridley327

Blu_LED said:
Xboxers who have "All You Need Is Love", do they chart John screaming out "She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah" at the end? Do they chart it for the main vocals or a harmony?

It's charted to main vocals. It is John's song, after all.

Top Bottom