• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

bill0527

AMUSIX said:
I think in the case of the UK, it's just a matter of noone there really knowing the band. In the US the events like the Ed Sullivan Show, Shea Staduim, and Mark David Chapman's trial got so big and are so historic that we forget that the rest of the world doesn't always listen to our groups. I'm sure if they got a little radio play over there, people might start taking notice of them.

Holy Shit

Dude please tell me this is internet sarcasm.

Phreak47

Decided to look up the whole NUJV thing, and found this:

http://www.beatlesagain.com/breflib/helpcovr.html

...[Regarding the above articles,] evidence is available which shows that the cover photo on the HELP! album (both the US and UK versions) was *not* intended to spell HELP, nor any other message, in semaphore. Furthermore, simple research shows that the cover photo as a whole is *not* a mirror-image of the original photo, although some of the Beatles' individual images are reversed.

The photographer who conceived of and executed the photo, Robert Freeman, confirms that no semaphore message was intended. Freeman writes:

...I had the idea of semaphore spelling out the letters HELP. But when we came to do the shot the arrangement of the arms with those letters didn't look good. So we decided to improvise and ended up with the best graphic positioning of the arms. (Freeman, Robert _The Beatles_, Barnes & Noble, NY, p. 62)

This improvisation of arm positions probably explains the Beatles' "bad form", as described in an article above. The intention behind the arm positions was good "graphic positioning", not good semaphore. Thus, some liberties probably were taken in arm positions, and adherence to "good form" semaphore was a secondary priority (or possibly not of any concern whatsoever).

So basically, semaphore was the original idea, but it turned out to be randomness.

KaYotiX

Banned
you can sing harmonies but you have to all be on the same console, me and my wife do it all the time when we go online. She sings the melody and im on harmony

AMUSIX said:
I think in the case of the UK, it's just a matter of noone there really knowing the band. In the US the events like the Ed Sullivan Show, Shea Staduim, and Mark David Chapman's trial got so big and are so historic that we forget that the rest of the world doesn't always listen to our groups. I'm sure if they got a little radio play over there, people might start taking notice of them.
Please tell me this is a joke post...

Blizzard

Banned
I picked up a cheap used Disney High School Musical (PS2) USB microphone at GameStop today. Since it's supposedly universal I'm hoping it'll work with the Wii (though I should probably scrub it with disinfectant first). Does anyone know if it would work with the Wii, and if it would be likely that two of them would? It's hard to find information on whether two USB microphones would work since it seems some do and some don't.

Blizzard said:
I picked up a cheap used Disney High School Musical (PS2) USB microphone at GameStop today. Since it's supposedly universal I'm hoping it'll work with the Wii (though I should probably scrub it with disinfectant first). Does anyone know if it would work with the Wii, and if it would be likely that two of them would? It's hard to find information on whether two USB microphones would work since it seems some do and some don't.
Logitech mics are supposed to work on Wii. Anything else, you're playing with FIRE.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
KaYotiX said:
you can sing harmonies but you have to all be on the same console, me and my wife do it all the time when we go online. She sings the melody and im on harmony

Can someone piggyback on the achievements if a vocalist online has 2-3 people playing?

Choc

Banned
can we expect obla di obla dah on BRB?

also, if it hasn't been posted Australian results are in, 7th 8th 9th spot all formats (360, PS3, Wii)

Cathcart

jas0 said:
You could adapt any of the images linked on this page for a good wallpaper / iPhone wallpaper.

Thanks, I used the logo from one of the sites you linked and made my own. Not exactly authentic, but since I just got back from picking up a certain other game at the mall:

tbrb.JPG

Coldsnap

Which guitar should I buy for this game for Xbox 360?

I've never played a Rock Band or Guitar Hero game but I'd like to pick up this game. I do not have room for a drum set and 3 guitars so I just want to buy one for myself. If you could link me the best wireless one that would be awesome. I see they sell the Beatles guitar separate, maybe i should get one of those.

Coldsnap said:

I've never played a Rock Band or Guitar Hero game but I'd like to pick up this game. I do not have room for a drum set and 3 guitars so I just want to buy one for myself. If you could link me the best wireless one that would be awesome. I see they sell the Beatles guitar separate, maybe i should get one of those.
If you don't mind dropping the cash, Gretsch. Otherwise get the Rock Band 2 Strat.

y2dvd

Cathcart said:
Thanks, I used the logo from one of the sites you linked and made my own. Not exactly authentic, but since I just got back from picking up a certain other game at the mall:

tbrb.JPG

Using it, thx!:D

Mileena

Banned
Coldsnap said:

Les Paul or GH5 guitar

Strats are horrible.

Coldsnap said:

Everyone is going to give you differing opinions. If you have a best buy nearby head over there, they should have a rock band guitar hooked up and a guitar hero guitar, try them both and see which you like the best.

corkscrewblow said:
Les Paul or GH5 guitar

Strats are horrible.
Those are both fine so long as you don't mind the obnoxious and distracting click sound on the strum bar, or the fact that they're downsized to the point of really looking and feeling much more like a toy than a replica guitar. Both of those things bother me.

KaYotiX

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Those are both fine so long as you don't mind the obnoxious and distracting click sound on the strum bar, or the fact that they're downsized to the point of really looking and feeling much more like a toy than a replica guitar. Both of those things bother me.

RIGHT ON!!!!

Mileena

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
You've obviously never used a GH5 guitar, the clear pro's choice. I'll just leave it at that.

AMUSIX

Was playing with the Rickenbaker last night...no GH guitar can match the feel of it or the Gretch. If you can drop the $100, I'd say those two stand as the best guiters on the market right now.

GH guitars are pro's choice because they don't have rhythm for shit so they need the click.

Also, I still need gold stars on I Feel Fine, I Me Mine and Taxman. The cutoff is so fucking high :/

Mileena

Banned
Milchmonster said:
GH guitars are pro's choice because they don't have rhythm for shit so they need the click.

Also, I still need gold stars on I Feel Fine, I Me Mine and Taxman. The cutoff is so fucking high :/
What a coincidence, I gold starred all of those. Maybe you should stop making dumb assumptions.

Milchmonster said:

I played a lot of Beatles with headphones on. No click!

birdman

I enjoy my Gretsch, but I can't do hammer-ons or pull-offs very well with it, so I use my GHWT guitar. I like both, but prefer the WT guitar for when I want to get a really high score.

TheGreatDave said:
I played a lot of Beatles with headphones on. No click!
I'm not saying everyone needs the click, it's just the stuff like "I can't keep a combo on fast parts because the Strat sucks". Well, no, these people are just used to having the click in the background and don't even realize it. The HMX guitars are fine.

And by Strat I mean Strat 2 and the Beatles stuff, Strat 1 was indeed shit.

XShagrath said:
...Unless you're on drums.

But then again, Portnoy plays a lot of his stuff standing up, so maybe not even drums.
If you stand up and play drums, there's something wrong with you. When RB1 came out, I went over my friends house, and there he was playing the drums standing up. He changed after I laughed at him for hours later.

corkscrewblow said:
I know right? I'm using a better guitar and getting better scores. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!?!
So you're playing drums with a guitar, cool :D

And yeah, let's stop this, everything except Strat 1 is good. Everyone has different favorites, though.

Top Bottom