• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

Raziel

Blu_LED said:
Xboxers who have "All You Need Is Love", do they chart John screaming out "She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah" at the end? Do they chart it for the main vocals or a harmony?
thats paul.

Daigoro

megashock5 said:
I want some singles on the store so I can have 'We Can Work It Out'

It's killing me not to have that one.

a thousand times yes.

this and all of the other past masters songs, but especially this.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This game has really acted as a good introduction to The Beatles' music for me. Of course I have heard plenty of their music just by existing in a world with television and radios, but before this game I had never seriously listened to any of their albums and could probably recognize less than 5 of their songs by name. There is really no reason why I never got into The Beatles and the songs I heard I tended to like, but I just never got around to giving the band a real serious look until I picked this game up for the 360 a little while back after discovering it was region free (I think it is the first Rockband title or possibly even the first EA title to come without region protection on the 360).

I've only been playing through with guitar / bass, but I am having a ton of fun and realizing that I really like The Beatles. It really makes me wish I made more of an effort to listen to their music before I got this game so I could have recognized all of the songs. Either way, I'm really glad I picked up the game and now I think I'm going to look into getting some of their albums. The new remastered sets look expensive and the whole mono / stereo thing is a bit confusing, so I think I'll just try and find older versions of their individual albums. Is the difference in sound quality very noticeable? for a non-audiophile?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm heading to my sister's house for a poker tournament this weekend.

She messaged me yesterday and asked if I had purchased "the Beatles game" yet.

I dislike Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and similar music games.

This has not stopped the aforementioned sister from bugging me about getting it by Saturday.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zefah said:
Is the difference in sound quality very noticeable? for a non-audiophile?
Yes. The old CD mixes are really quite bad in comparison. The fact is they were made in the '80s back when doing things digitally was still relatively new, and the audio quality really suffered a lot. Listening to some of the remasters, there are honestly sounds and instruments that i could never really hear before on some songs that I can now. There's just a more muffled and muddy quality to the sound in the old versions. Obviously some songs are only minutely improved while others are massive changes, but it's definitely an improvement across the board. Simply put, the old CD versions are obsolete. And, for the record, the stuff you hear in Rock Band is from the new digital remasters.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well damn I better get the digital masters then. Have there been any updates on the status of a digital download option for the remastered editions? Also, I heard a lot of stuff about some tracks being really weird in stereo due to how they put the songs together originally. For example, the vocals will only come out from one side of the speakers / headphones and that sounds like a really unpleasant experience. Is the monaraul version generally considered the better option if I don't want to encounter weird stuff like that?

Minamu

Hey, if anyone wanna go trophy hunting, or just have some fun, add me :) PSN: Minamu

I've seen ONE singer online since the release & when I finally found one, the game froze or something & no one could pick their difficulties etc. Most players I've met online usually play on medium & they generally play pretty bad :p Trying to get any gold stars with PUGs is a no go. Heck, even getting 5 stars is a tough job in my experience xD

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zefah said:
Well damn I better get the digital masters then. Have there been any updates on the status of a digital download option for the remastered editions? Also, I heard a lot of stuff about some tracks being really weird in stereo due to how they put the songs together originally. For example, the vocals will only come out from one side of the speakers / headphones and that sounds like a really unpleasant experience. Is the monaraul version generally considered the better option if I don't want to encounter weird stuff like that?
Well the later albums (Abbey Road and Let It Be, for example) are natively stereo, so no issues there.

The only song I've heard about that has any real serious problem with its stereo split is Eleanor Rigby, where some weird things apparently happen with the vocals switching channels, though I've heard some others can be a little offputting with headphones. I haven't really listened to them with headphones myself, so I can't say firsthand.

Personally, I vastly prefer the mono versions of Sgt. Pepper's and Magical Mystery Tour over their stereo versions (especially Sgt. Pepper), but for things like Rubber Soul and Revolver I've found good things about both mixes (though generally prefer the mono). Mono tends to give everything more oomph. Bass feels stronger, drums have more punch, etc. It's a really thick and dense sound, but, unlike the old digital versions, everything comes through crystal clear all at once. The stereo versions don't feel as "heavy," so to speak, but they still sound great.

If it helps, what you hear in Rock Band is probably closer to what you would hear in the stereo versions than the mono versions (still different, though, because of how the game has to split the different elements for gameplay purposes, not to mention the audio settings and so on).

Blizzard

Banned
I picked up a universal wireless microphone for the Wii at Best Buy today. $30, the only one they had, I was like okay whatever. And then I got home and found it had TWO microphones inside it. That's like the only time I've ever bought something and actually found twice what I expected to get inside it. :lol Well, it apparently wasn't designed for the Beatles Rock Band, but it has a switch setting to work with Singstar (two different devices) so hopefully that just works with the Beatles. And if it doesn't, I can try to find a hub and plug in my used wired mic. :)

Blizzard

Banned
I was wrong, the double microphones that supposedly work with Singstar don't work with this. The Logitech used high school musical microphone works with the universal double mic set though, so I ended up with two mics, effectively.

Minamu said:
Hey, if anyone wanna go trophy hunting, or just have some fun, add me :) PSN: Minamu

I've seen ONE singer online since the release & when I finally found one, the game froze or something & no one could pick their difficulties etc. Most players I've met online usually play on medium & they generally play pretty bad :p Trying to get any gold stars with PUGs is a no go. Heck, even getting 5 stars is a tough job in my experience xD
Ok, ill send you an invite. since i need more people to play with:D

XShagrath said:
What game are you playing? Loading time in TB:RB is super-fast on my system. Sure, I'd love no load times, but 1-2 seconds ain't bad.

1-2 seconds? What are you, playing it on an Xbox 360 with the game installed to hard drive? I'm playing on PS3, where that isn't an option.

They aren't bad at all. But they are a lot closer to 30 seconds than 2 :) It only gets annoying when you are playing what's supposed to be a single set as a challenge, but it's really 4 or 5 separate songs with a 20-30 second break between each.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Dreamwriter said:
1-2 seconds? What are you, playing it on an Xbox 360 with the game installed to hard drive? I'm playing on PS3, where that isn't an option.

Load times are short for me 1-2 seconds on PS3 IF you are playing a setlist using the same stage (story mode in Cavern Club, Shea Staduim) otherwise its around 10 seconds.

Minamu

I don't think I've seen any 30 second loading times so far o_O 10 seconds maybe. Usually less than that.

And compared to RB2, they're lightning fast.

I'm playing on the 360, not installed, and have nowhere near 30 second load times. Usually about 5 seconds for me. I popped in Rock Band the other day and was amazed at how long those were compared to this game though.

I am recently to the album "1", and it has a different version of Get Back, then the one that's on Let It Be. Does anyone know where this version is from?

The ending is different.

Ricker

Blu_LED said:
I am recently to the album "1", and it has a different version of Get Back, then the one that's on Let It Be. Does anyone know where this version is from?

The ending is different.

I think it was from the 45 with Don't let me down on the other side only...

I went to a friend's house last night and he had just bought the game. We all went through story mode together. Sooo much fun. The artwork in the game is amazing. I had much more fun with this game than I did with vanilla Rock Band when I played it.

Ricker

So Abbey Road DLC is out today but i'm confused about the whole side 2 play as one song thing because of the TXB article:

"the “Complete The Album Pack” features:

* Abbey Road singles: “Maxwell's Silver Hammer,” “Oh! Darling,” and “Because”
* The entire Abbey Road B-side 16 minute medley that includes: “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End”
* Additionally, the following songs from Abbey Road can also be played as 1-to-3-song sets, based on how they were recorded / composed:
o “You Never Give Me Your Money”
o “Sun King”/ “Mean Mr. Mustard”
o “Polythene Pam”/ “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window”
o “Golden Slumbers”/ “Carry That Weight”/ “The End”*
o “Her Majesty”

Played as 1 to 3 songs sets?? what does that mean exactly? I want the whole thing from "You never give me your money" to "The end" in one shot....

ElNarez

Banned
It's available. You can either play parts of the medley or the full thing in all it's 16-minute glory without any loadings, except if you're playing it on the Wii.

LCfiner

Ricker said:
So Abbey Road DLC is out today but i'm confused about the whole side 2 play as one song thing because of the TXB article:

"the “Complete The Album Pack” features:

* Abbey Road singles: “Maxwell's Silver Hammer,” “Oh! Darling,” and “Because”
* The entire Abbey Road B-side 16 minute medley that includes: “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End”
* Additionally, the following songs from Abbey Road can also be played as 1-to-3-song sets, based on how they were recorded / composed:
o “You Never Give Me Your Money”
o “Sun King”/ “Mean Mr. Mustard”
o “Polythene Pam”/ “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window”
o “Golden Slumbers”/ “Carry That Weight”/ “The End”*

o “Her Majesty”

Played as 1 to 3 songs sets?? what does that mean exactly? I want the whole thing from "You never give me your money" to "The end" in one shot....

those 3 bolded sets are sold for 3.50 for each bundle (at least on the wii they are, not sure about the HD consoles). But I'm still unsure if you need to buy the "complete" album to get to play the B side all in one sitting or if you can just buy from "you never give me your money" (2 bucks) to "her majesty" to do it.

since I want some of the missing songs from side A, I'll just be getting the whole album for 17 bucks. I'm sure this will be clarified this afternoon

When you buy it, you get this for Abbey Road in Quickplay:

"Come Together"
"Something"
"Maxwell's Silver Hammer"
"Oh! Darling"
"Octopus's Garden"
"I Want You (She's So Heavy)"
"Here Comes the Sun"
"Because"
"You Never Give Me Your Money"
"Sun King”/ “Mean Mr. Mustard”
“Polythene Pam”/ “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window”
“Golden Slumbers”/ “Carry That Weight”/ “The End”
"The End"
“Her Majesty”
"Abbey Road Medley"

Any song grouped as 2 or 3 can only be played in that form. Abbey Road Medley plays all the songs from YNGMYM through to Hey Majesty in one go. The End is listed as a single track and as part of the three song group before it. I think you can only play the medley in one go, without any interruptions, if you buy the album

SuperPac

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't add...(or maybe they did and I didn't notice it this morning and someone can correct me)...a chapter challenge or challenge involving playing all of Abbey Road straight through. The album's in quick play but would've been nice to see it pop up in some other way too.

Why can't I buy "You Never Give Me Your Money" by itself?

I really only want that song and yet I have to buy the whole album? Fuck you Harmonix.

xbhaskarx

SuperPac said:
I'm kind of surprised that they didn't add...(or maybe they did and I didn't notice it this morning and someone can correct me)...a chapter challenge or challenge involving playing all of Abbey Road straight through. The album's in quick play but would've been nice to see it pop up in some other way too.

This is the biggest flaw with Rock Band's DLC, it's great for quickplay, but it's not very well integrated into the story mode. You'd think they would have figured this out by now, as doing so would only increase DLC sales...

DancingJesus said:
Why can't I buy "You Never Give Me Your Money" by itself?

I really only want that song and yet I have to buy the whole album? Fuck you Harmonix.

I'm pretty sure you can. The only thing you have to buy the whole album for is if you want to play the entire medley as one long song.

Tadale

On the Xbox 360, you can by Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh Darling, and Because by themselves. I wanted to purchase Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight, but you can't without buying the entire album. I'm actually really mad about this; it seems extremely shady.

birdman

Tadale said:
On the Xbox 360, you can by Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh Darling, and Because by themselves. I wanted to purchase Golden Slumbers and Carry That Weight, but you can't without buying the entire album. I'm actually really mad about this; it seems extremely shady.

That is weird. I was always under the impression that you could buy whatever you wanted like with normal Rock Band DLC. I do plan on buying the full album, that does seem kinda shady, but then again it might have been something Harmonix was not able to do.

birdman said:
That is weird. I was always under the impression that you could buy whatever you wanted like with normal Rock Band DLC. I do plan on buying the full album, that does seem kinda shady, but then again it might have been something Harmonix was not able to do.
Or it could be because they couldn't get away with charging $9 for 3 very short songs played as one, but weren't willing to lower the overall price to $2 for a decent chunk of the medley.

Laurent

The Beatles: Rock Band on my PS3 said:
No The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store content found. Connecting to The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store may be disabled on your PlayStation®Network account due to parental control restrictions.
Of course, the parental control restrictions are switched off... WTF? Are these releases US only?!

Top Bottom