• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

PedroRVD said:
I have the 3 DLC albums and I can say Rubber Soul is the weaker of the 3.

I think nothing will ever beat the Abbey Road Medley which is the greatest music in a music game, yesterday, today and forever.
It's not fair when it's the best sequence of music around :p

I like the guy with the pipe in his mouth at the Abbey Road venue. He looks confused at the strange rooftop sounds each time the camera pans to that kind sir.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Dilli666 said:
What about the bundle with 2 Singstar mics included? Would be strange if only one of them actually works...

So, does the two singstar mics actually work together?

ElNarez

Banned
Neuromancer said:
I like the guy with the pipe in his mouth at the Abbey Road venue. He looks confused at the strange rooftop sounds each time the camera pans to that kind sir.
I think my favourite guy is the one in Shea Stadium who's annoyed by the screaming girls.

Daigoro

its funny because i searched this thread out just to post that the Rubber Soul DLC is: The Best DLC OF ALL TIME.

so many good songs, so many amazing harmonies (sorry folks who dont play with real people), so fucking good.

bernardobri said:
So, does the two singstar mics actually work together?

yes they do. just turn down the sensitivity a bit in game.

I played Abbey Road Medley on drums+guitar+harmonies last night. Easy 1.000.000 point trophy and an awesome song. But you really should buy them all. There's awesome songs to find on all three, along with very little filler.

Because, She's Leaving Home, When I'm Sixty-Four, A Day in the Life, Norwegian Wood, Nowhere Man and Michelle are all fantastic.

Now I really want Help! and Magical Mystery Tour completed before they give up on this game. Please (please me)? But this doesn't sound good:

Drake identified the costly development process as a potentially prohibitive factor: "Every time we do one song, it's not like Rock Band where we wait for the masters to come in and just author them... its like, send people to Abbey Road, use the original tape, separate them out... it costs thousands of dollars."

Daigoro

ShockingAlberto said:
JUD-E JUD-E JUD-E JUD-E JUD-E JUUUD-E

:D

bird is right, thats going to be SO fun.

Archie said:
TB:RB needs MMT, Revolver and the singles that should have been on the disc.

whoa there cheech. thats making it sounds like the singles that are already on the disc shoudlnt have been. that aint right son.

we got fucking Paperback Writer. thats no joke.

MMaRsu

Banned
So I just got the game in today.. I'm really really unfamilliar with The Beatles.. What can I expect?

I also got DJ Hero in today, and bought some booze so tonight should be fun :D.

MMaRsu said:
So I just got the game in today.. I'm really really unfamilliar with The Beatles.. What can I expect?

I also got DJ Hero in today, and bought some booze so tonight should be fun :D.
expect trippy visuals at times, awesome music, and seeing random people repeatedly on your screen

Daigoro

MMaRsu said:

the best music/rhythm game of all time.

and dont listen to Pedro. Rubber Soul is all kinds of amazing. buy it an bring mass quantities of joy into your life.

EazyB

Banned
NewBrof said:
yes, I hope Rubber Soul was not the last. If I had to choose I would like to have The White Album, maybe Revolver...
Yeah, for sake of HMX's safety they need to release more. I can't take responsibility for what my GF may do if they don't keep put Revolver out.

Personally, I also want The White Album.

Stop making Rock Band: Green Day and do something worthwhile with your time HMX.

y2dvd

Got a friend to come over and play TB:RB for the first time. She really likes The Beatles' music now! :D

Played In My Life the other day and the guitar was pretty hard (by my standards anyways). It's so awesome that I get a challenge from what's probably my favorite Beatles song ever.

Sign me up for Hey Jude. Add All You Need Is Love too please!

Heck no for White Album. Too much experimental crap.

Magical Mystery Tour, Help and Revolver + Hey Jude would pretty much satisfy me.

If I don't get to play Yesterday on solo guitar and song, there's something wrong with the world.

Daigoro

all this talk about what albums need to some out, you mofos are forgetting about the best Beatles album of them all.

Let It Be!

birdman said:
On the 360.

yeah, thats right. it did come out on PS3 a while ago though, didnt it?

megashock5 said:
We Can Work It Out must be DLC at some point. IT MUST.

yes we need a singles pack for sure.

Daigoro said:
yeah, thats right. it did come out on PS3 a while ago though, didnt it?
Nope, never - they originally said it was a "timed exclusive", "maybe 3 months", but never followed up. Kinda sucks, proceeds from its sale went to some charity, but I guess they didn't want to give much money to the charity, since they kept a large chunk of their customers from participating.

Daigoro

not yet.

so, hows everyone doing on their double and triple fabs? its going to be a bitch to get them all down. tons of fun to practice though.

i was running through doubles with a friend the other night on Hard. we got around half of the songs done, but some of them are tough. definitely gonna require some good practice.

the triples are going to be a real bitch. we nailed The Word just goofing around with 3 on instruments and 3 vocalists the other night though. it was a blast. (and not part of the achievements for getting all triples obviously :lol)

training mode is awesome btw. great way to learn different harmonies and hard to pick out vocal parts.

godamn RB3 better have harmonies. so much fun.

y2dvd

Daigoro said:
its been out since 9/9/9. its a lot of fun.

This is ridiculous. How has it been out for so long on the xbox and still have yet to have been released on the ps3. I mean...come on!

Ridley327

Well, MS did pay for timed exclusivity on the song. Also, rumors do suggest that we'll be seeing it with the rest of Magical Mystery Tour when they decide to release that.

Speaking of, Harmonix is supposed to be sending out a newsletter today to subscribers and they've been hyping it up since the beginning of the week. Beatles DLC has consistently come out on every third Tuesday/Thursday to this point, so it's a pretty safe bet that the Zine will be about that.

abombb

Banned
Weird, but since "When I'm Sixty Four" got into this game, I feel they can squeeze in "Obla Di Obla Da" to mix things up.:D

Top Bottom