• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia: Gamers should not limit their options to PS4/XB1; PC is the way to go

Nvidia insists players shouldn’t limit their decision between the PS4 and Xbox One when choosing their next gaming device.

The firm has launched its range of small form-factor PCs alongside Sony and Microsoft’s new machines. And Nvidia says players looking for the best games experience should opt for the PC instead.

“We are proposing small form-factor PCs to be a viable alternative to the next-gen consoles. Enthusiast players want the ultimate games system and that is the PC,” said Matt Wright, consumer sales manager at Nvidia. “The PC platform is far superior to any console when it comes to gaming, plus you get all the extra functionality that a computer brings
Via MCVUK

DieH@rd

Banned
ibx7N1nER6GWB7.gif

snap0212

This seems to me a lot like a car manufacturer telling me to get a pickup truck instead if a regular car. You're just not offering the pickup truck at the price of the car.

While he's not necessarily wrong (although whynotboth) I get the sense that he wouldn't be saying that if nvidia tech was powering the consoles rather than AMD.

So, salt.jpg

vazel

Banned
This seems to me a lot like a car manufacturer telling me to get a pickup truck instead if a regular car. You're just not offering the pickup truck at the price of the car.
It seems to me like someone is telling me to buy a yacht. A yacht with rocket boosters that can fly.

LevityNYC

Banned
This thread has already been closed twice.

My PS4 cost me 400 bucks. No matter what people tell me, I don't find it fun to tinker and mess around with settings. I just plug my system in, pop a game in and I'm ready to go.

Well of course you'd say that, nvidia. After all, it's AMD that is in every console.

As for me, right now there are no console exclusives that interest me so I'll hold off for now and stick to my crossfire PC. It's alright nvidia, I've got you covered: there's also a geforce GPU in there for physx processing.

IcyEyes

Nvidia : please, buy the780ti !

Anyway, I really, really dislike their attitude.
I have *zero* AMD product right now, but I like more their behavior.

"The PC platform is far superior to any console when it comes to gaming"

How childish ...

no. it is more like a car manufacturer telling you to get a metal car instead of a plastic one

Zimbardo

Xbox One/Playstation 4 use AMD technology. Of course Nvidia wants people to play PC.

Sure they do, but AMD also exists in the PC market with their GPUs and CPUs.

You can avoid Nvidia altogether if you so desire.

I see nothing wrong with this comment from Nvidia. Its just the truth IMO.

It would say that, especially since both the Xbox One and Playstation 4 are using Radeon graphics processors. Sorry Nvidia, but you're going to have to cater the PC market only.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
NVIDIA has become rather annoying. How many times must you inadvertently tell us that you're upset by recommending the most obvious contender for most powerful outlet for gaming. These mother fuckers are so whack.

It would say that, especially since both the Xbox One and Playstation 4 are using Radeon graphics processors. Sorry Nvidia, but you're going to have to cater the PC market only.

Well pretty sure nvidia will be in some Steam machines if you want to consider that a console. Also tablets and stuff as well.

Well no, there are more carriers of micro-atx cases than just Valve. They are talking about the size of the mobo/case. There are computers out there smaller than consoles. Like shuttleboards for instance.

Ah OK. But Nvidia cards are still going to make up the majority of Steam Machines, as long as the Linux kernel is going to be the base of SteamOS. AMD still has quite a ways to go before they can reach the same performance as Nvidia in OpenGL and Linux performance. Though if they can get Mantle to work with Linux, that might sway a few things.

Top Bottom