• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch/review day - 2017/03/09

I was able to get my pre-order through successfully!!!! That was a long, scary wait.

Will be in the market for a STRIX as well. Hopefully we get some info on those soon.

Sweet, I got my FTW3, first time getting an FTW version, usually just stick with the superclocked ones. Is there a huge difference between the two?

Orion514

Being a Hardware newbie, why do some prefer Asus Strix over EVGA or even MSI cards?

Trying to restrain myself not to pre-order the FTW right now. Keep telling myself, I have no games coming soon I want on PC, I can wait....

The nice thing about the pre-order is that it doesn't charge you (other than a $1.00 hold) until it ships and you can cancel any time if you decide to go with a a Strix or some other card.

The nice thing about the pre-order is that it doesn't charge you (other than a $1.00 hold) until it ships and you can cancel any time if you decide to go with a a Strix or some other card.

Yeah, I will see if a Classified is announced soon. If it's still May 1st and nothing about Classified, FTW3 will be my card then.

Kevin

I was able to get my pre-order through successfully!!!! That was a long, scary wait.

Will be in the market for a STRIX as well. Hopefully we get some info on those soon.

They've been available to buy in other countries for awhile now and yet nothing here in the US. I was hoping to get one before my brother visits in mid-April.

Being a Hardware newbie, why do some prefer Asus Strix over EVGA or even MSI cards?

Trying to restrain myself not to pre-order the FTW right now. Keep telling myself, I have no games coming soon I want on PC, I can wait....

At this point, I would say brand loyalty based on past experiences since there aren't reviews out of the new equipment. This loyalty is often based on:

Past customer service experience
Past performance vs other brands
Warranty programs
Overall cost
Cooling types
Appearance

For me, I've bounced between ASUS and EVGA cards in the past. My EVGA 980ti broke this December and their warranty process was quick and easy (especially compared to other pc-part businesses I have worked with) so I decided EVGA for this round. I also am a sucker for LED's still, because they obviously make your rig faster...

I never had any problems with my ASUS cards, and often chose them based on performance compared to other cards. I even had a PNY once that I enjoyed.

Will have to see how these perform vs each other with this batch. I've read with the power limitations on the card that OC'ing is going to be comparable among all (at this time) so it will be interesting.

Compsiox

Banned
At this point, I would say brand loyalty based on past experiences since there aren't reviews out of the new equipment. This loyalty is often based on:

Past customer service experience
Past performance vs other brands
Warranty programs
Overall cost
Cooling types
Appearance

For me, I've bounced between ASUS and EVGA cards in the past. My EVGA 980ti broke this December and their warranty process was quick and easy (especially compared to other pc-part businesses I have worked with) so I decided EVGA for this round. I also am a sucker for LED's still, because they obviously make your rig faster...

I never had any problems with my ASUS cards, and often chose them based on performance compared to other cards. I even had a PNY once that I enjoyed.

Will have to see how these perform vs each other with this batch. I've read with the power limitations on the card that OC'ing is going to be comparable among all (at this time) so it will be interesting.

The ASUS Strix actually has reviews out.

KScorp

Does EVGA ship in batches, or is it pretty much guaranteed that if you get a preorder in, you get it shipped on release day?

Azzurri

I've realized I've never owned a non nVidia eVga card. Only time it's not eVga it has been when I had ATI 4870x2 and the ATI 980 Pro 128mb

grendelrt

Those look so hot! Looks like same specs, just custom colors.

j5EQCjG.jpg

Compsiox

Banned
I'm not sure my orders went through.

It brought me back to the catalog after pressing place order but it still listed the cards as available.

It brought me back to the catalog after pressing place order but it still listed the cards as available.

Sorry I missed your first post. Mine never went back to the product page. First time was an error saying there was a webpage issue after I had input my credit card info. I backed up in my browser and tried again. This gave me a confirmation page/number and an email almost immediately popped up.

KScorp

You should go to a confirmation page with a preorder number, and you should also get an email.

If you didn't get either it probably didn't go through.

Compsiox

Banned
Sorry I missed your first post. Mine never went back to the product page. First time was an error saying there was a webpage issue after I had input my credit card info. I backed up in my browser and tried again. This gave me a confirmation page/number and an email almost immediately popped up.

Strange. Thanks.

Are you tracking CPU load by core/thread? It's possible a couple cores/threads are maxed out, while others are barely getting used.

RAM speed and your CPU running at a stock 3.5Ghz can definitely leave your 1080ti spinning its wheels running at 1080p.
Yeah I looked at the ressource monitor, all cpus are used pretty equally at 60-70% usage.

Here is a monitor of my graphic card while playing GTA 5 with mods where I also can't get stable 60fps... (the low part is where I minimized the game)
d9Zbaua.jpg

RC0101

Missed out on the preorder so I glanced over at Newegg and they had the MSI Armor edition in Stock, so I grabbed that one!

mephixto

Banned
At this rate I gonna get a custom card by June or later in my country, I'll bite a FE if nothing comes out that ships here soon.

dr_rus

20MHz doesn't seem terribly substantial. In a practical sense how big of an impact will that have on performance?

MSI's Gaming non-X is essentially a card with reference clocks but custom cooler, so it's more a product for those who prefer manual OC on a cheaper card to the one coming from factory but still prefer to have a good cooling solution by default.

Top Bottom