• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Updates to GeForce Expereince 3.0 - New UI and Features

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Anandtech

Settings.jpg

Drivers.jpg

Sign%20In.jpg

ChuckNyce

Sweet, I've been pretty impressed with ShadowPlay since building my rig a few months ago. Will be sure to grab the update.

cheezcake

Tbh I used to hate on Geforce experience but it's become pretty compelling, even the auto optimize game settings works pretty damn well

Baleoce

Hmm the beta had some issues, namely sometimes the shortcuts just wouldn't work for no reason when trying to capture footage. Hopefully that's been ironed out. I had to revert back to the old one because of that.

goodfella

According to the article, it looks like the performance and memory usage is far better too!

Edit: and the install failed giving me a runtime error lol

And to follow the pattern of recent Nvidia updates. I begin the process, it deletes the old version and then fails to install the new one due to a runtime error! Fantastic!

Mivey

Looks quite nice. Unfortunately its almost too late, now that the PS4 Pro will put PC Gaming to an end. Well, I guess it was nice while it lasted.

roytheone

I got this update in a beta like 3 months ago. Really like it, it looks slick and it solved my issue that GeForce experience was incredibly slow to start.

kAmui-

I think the installation failed because it didn't actually close steam when it said so. Closed it myself and it installed just fine.

We need NV control panel to be updated now so it doesn't take 10s for every setting change.
With a slight chance of the whole thing crashing abrubtly.

Dunno why it isn't all just available in a single program.

I don't even know why I'm back to restarting my machine after installing new drivers. I thought we were long passed that.
When did you think we were past that? Nearly everything ever recommends or forces a restart when updated. Why would your GPU be any different?

Qassim

I like this new version, it's no longer that terribly slow clunky piece of shit that it was. It's now quite quick and smooth.

What is the difference between this and NV control center?

NVIDIA control centre is there for driver features, GeForce experience is largely for the 'value-add' features NVIDIA develop, like ShadowPlay (or SharePlay, whatever they call it these days), automatic optimisation of game settings, driver updates, new game profiles (e.g. SLI profiles are pushed via GeForce experience).

Surprised that no one here has been using this previously? I'd beta tested that new UI for 2-3 months now. Love the update, well except that login bit. That's going to piss off a lot of people, but Nvidia did say that was coming in the future.

I can confirm it uses fewer resources, game optimization and searches are faster and the streaming options are leaps and bounds better than previous versions.

Surprised that no one here has been using this previously? I'd beta tested that new UI for 2-3 months now. Love the update, well except that login bit. That's going to piss off a lot of people, but Nvidia did say that was coming in the future.

I can confirm it uses fewer resources, game optimization and searches are faster and the streaming options are leaps and bounds better than previous versions.
Does it still insert the Nvidia branding into the title of your Twitch stream? The day they forced that was the day I went back to OBS.

atomsk

Party Pooper
They give you the option to turn off "instant replay" but it doesn't seem to actually let you do it.

I do all my shadowplay manually, let me turn that shit off.

Durante

I don't care about features or UI, but the thing needs to launch about 10 times faster than the old version did. Those startup times were unacceptable.

I just created a special nvidia gmail account that i'll never login to in order to check out the new changes with Experience so it'll be no bother to never bother with it again if it does nothing for me. NVE only supports about 6 of my 600+ games so it's not like it's a big thing anyway :)

When did you think we were past that? Nearly everything ever recommends or forces a restart when updated. Why would your GPU be any different?

Because I had no issues for a good number of years? Like I would auto-install video drivers, it may reset any directx surfaces, but everything would work fine? Now the drivers prompt Windows to scream at me to restart, which is a mild inconvenience mind you, but one I didn't have to deal with for a long time.

laxu

Still going to untick GeForce Experience when installing new drivers. What I want to see is a better Nvidia control panel as that thing is poorly organized and slow.

Funny how this is inadvertently wiping GeForce Experience from everybody's computers.

Ran into the same problem where it uninstalled, error-coded and closed, and I had to manually download and install from the website.

Other than that, it looks nice. Accidentally enabled the game-updating thing that I didn't actually want to enable, and now it's stuck doing that for an eternity.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It loads faster for me than the old version, so that's a plus.

Top Bottom