• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Updates to GeForce Expereince 3.0 - New UI and Features

Nzyme32

After updating the driver in Experience 3.0, my PC boots to a black screen where all I can see is the cursor.. what should I do? :(

This is a Windows 10 issue, maybe directly related to the anniversary update, where Windows installs a wrong driver at some point and will detect multiple monitors based on the inputs of the card even though none are active other than the ones connected. Only way I worked out to fix it was just to keep restarting till it got it right, then it never happened again.

low-G

Piece of shit also messes about with game keybinds now. Normally, you use alt as a modifier in GTA V to access the video capture controls (e.g. alt+f3). But with share enabled, you can't use the alt modifier. You have to press, say, f3 to capture clips, which interferes with trainer keybinds. Good fucking work, Nvidia.

Not only that, the key bindings don't even matter. I can't save in d1-rebirth (alt-F2) with NO bindings set and the program even manually shut down. Nvidia Exp 3.0 needs to be uninstalled for it to work... Whatever is grabbing those inputs is flat out broken now.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Forcing me to sign in? I think NOT, uninstalled thanks Nvidia!

Yup, made me realize that I don't use Shadowplay and therefore the software serves no purpose for me.

BraXzy

Mine keeps crashing... Anyone else's?

It is also having issues "Unable to connect to NVIDIA".

Why is every feature now tied down to having an internet connection?...

There's one thing they actually fixed from beta to final and that's deleting hotkeys. Just press backspace while binding a key to delete it altogether.
They don't let you delete the overlay bind though, but I worked around by just giving it a ridiculous key combination that I will never hit.
I deleted the extra keybinds, didn't fix it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Shadowplay is fantastic, if you're not using it you should be, no performance hit that I've ever noticed vs a good 5 - 10fps depending on which alternative software you use.

Mozendo

What the fuck Nvidia
OpezFFo.png

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
been having trouble with my graphics driver, and im praying real hard that reinstalling the drivers with the new version does something different than with the older version.

graphics driver just crashes without warning and i get no signal. its so unnerving.

GHG

Can you get new drivers without this?

I'm not about that life of having to sign in to something just to get GPU drivers.

Does Nvidia know how much they shitted up Shadowplay, one of the crown jewel value added features of Geforce, with this new version of GFE? How can we tell them? Can we mailbomb Jen-Hsun email address until he realizes how much he done fucked up with this albatross of shit?

peakish

This is somewhat ideological but I don't want to bother with having yet another login for a program that works perfectly without one. This morning the old version wouldn't boot without updating so I uninstalled it. Shame because I liked the driver update notifications and baseline settings the program gave me.

I've been using this interface since the beta started and it's worked very well for me. I use the Shadowplay (Share) stuff constantly in just about every game I play and I've haven't found another recording program that works as well as Shadowplay does. For someone like me who records a bunch of little clips solely for making stupid WebMs to share with my friends it's just about perfect.

It hooks into every game I've tried automatically and puts all the video and screenshots you take into a labelled folder. This even works with windowed and borderless fullscreen games.
shadowplay1_by_realghostvids-dahlc50.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't work with OpenGL games but you can easily get around this by turning on Desktop Capture in the privacy control options in the overlay. The downside of this is that it'll put all your recordings into one folder labelled "Desktop" but they are all dated and time stamped so it's not hard to sort them manually from there.

Parsnip

I should also look into OBS, didn't know it had a replay buffer now as well.

Thanks! I'll look into Afterburner first because I already have that installed. Didn't notice a retroactive capture feature, but I only took a cursory look when I was setting up my OSD.

In afterburner you can pick nvenc (external plugin) in order use the same encoder Shadowplay uses and configure those settings there, if you want.

Momentary

Banned
So is OBS superior to shadow play? Can it record Windows 10 games? This new NVIDIA UI I'm game is too clunky and slow and Xbox DVR is a piece of crap.

Soltype

anybody getting the unable to connect to nvidia popup.I installed it no problems, but when I restart my pc it doesn't work.I've reinstalled it twice and it's the same thing.

This is a Windows 10 issue, maybe directly related to the anniversary update, where Windows installs a wrong driver at some point and will detect multiple monitors based on the inputs of the card even though none are active other than the ones connected. Only way I worked out to fix it was just to keep restarting till it got it right, then it never happened again.

Oh, really? Damn.. I was blaming Geforce Experience. Now I'm afraid to update my drivers, I just chose to install Windows from scratch to fix it. :/

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
AWFUL UI

Had to redownload the app from their site since it crashed updating and fucked the entire app

The new driver details page is awful. Latest drivers for 970 was 30th August, right? Don't trust this

LogicStep

This thing is so horrible. It takes forever to load or doesn't load at all. No games come up. Can't figure out how to disable the damn shadowplay thing since I have the damn mic and circle icons on the bottom right of the screen. Google isn't helpful in how to fix this stuff.

forrest

formerly nacire
Have they ever added the ability to set a custom resolution and then have it optimize based on that resolution. I used to try this quite awhile ago and it would always try and optimize to a smaller "non native" resolution.

I could easily switch the resolution back to what I wanted, but then the settings aren't really optimized anymore then are they.

Irobot82

AWFUL UI

Had to redownload the app from their site since it crashed updating and fucked the entire app

The new driver details page is awful. Latest drivers for 970 was 30th August, right? Don't trust this

I think this is the one case where Nvidia should take a queue from AMD on UI design.

j-wood

AWFUL UI

Nope. Geforce experience seems broken. My drivers on my laptop won't update, I had to go manually download. GFE just said it was all up to date.

MUnited83

For you.
Not sure what the fuck they did, but I can no longer use Shadowplay with the old version, and I can only boot the old version a couple of times before it forces me to update. Fuck.

Ricker

I just re-installed this because after the anniversary update I had an error when I tried to install it and since I dont play many PC games for now(almost 6 years old on a 660)I didnt bother until yesterday...but you have to create an account now to use this thing...? why ?

EDIT: Sucks...guess I will wait till I get a new PC then.

This GeForce Experience 3 has been a HORRIBLE experience..I cant install it on my Dell Desktop no matter what I do..every time I try I get this message
nvidia web helper.exe. please insert a disk into drive d:
My D drive is my disc drive and I have nothing in my disc drive..so I had to roll back to the previous GeForce experience and that works fine but I cant open up the app otherwise I will be prompted to update to experience 3 which I Cant do..apparently others have had the same problem but there is NO fix for it..I contacted Nvidia a few times and they said they never heard of it

Kouriozan

GeForce experience tried to update yesterday (was still at 2.X), it crashed while doing so and uninstalled itself.
Remembered you had to make an account for the new version anyway, so I'll update my drivers the old way.

Top Bottom