• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Updates to GeForce Expereince 3.0 - New UI and Features

Luigi87

Lol, I'll be installing my GTX 1070 today, replacing my old AMD. I just downloaded GeForce drivers last night so I wouldn't have to worry about doing that today and could just install them right away today, now that was pointless, lol

Still this is pretty good timing and gonna be glad to be back on the Nvidia train.

Don't do what I just did.

Uninstalled the damn thing so I could untick the box that asks if I want to automatically optimize my games, thinking I was opting out of the whole system scan. Turns out it does it anyways.

Dunno why GeForce Experience insists on scanning my computer for games if I don't want them messing with the settings.

They turned up all the settings in WoW so the game ran at like 10fps. The fuck. Can't even imagine how much they messed with the settings of all my other games now.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Don't do what I just did.

Uninstalled the damn thing so I could untick the box that asks if I want to automatically optimize my games, thinking I was opting out of the whole system scan. Turns out it does it anyways.

Dunno why GeForce Experience insists on scanning my computer for games if I don't want them messing with the settings.

They turned up all the settings in WoW so the game ran at like 10fps. The fuck.

Weird, it didn't change any game settings for me.

The optimal settings are a joke though. It wants to set everything to ultra in Overwatch and other games that I know my pc can't handle.

Durante

It loads faster for me than the old version, so that's a plus.
That's in fact the only thing I want out of an update.

Actually, even better would be letting me start and stop Shadowplay without opening Geforce Experience, because then I'd never need to interact with it at all :p

Well this GeForce Experience does alot of things that rub me in the wrong way so I set everything to manual for now and this account-requirement is plain unnecessary but yeah they said it was coming :/

MCD

I signed in using my gmail account. Make sure you check your email for verification otherwise it will gives an error when signing in.

Vlaphor

It's not letting me turn off the microphone indicator in games. I have the shadowplay indicator on, but if I try to turn off the mic indicator, then nothing happens.

4jjiyoon

i used the beta of this for a while and hated it so i went back to the previous version before they altered the ui. i won't be updating anytime soon. unless something forces me to.

Nzyme32

epcmp8n.png

Why specifically Steam? Is there some integration going on?

Ogawa-san

It's been a while since I tested it so I don't know if it's new, but windowed capture/streaming works perfectly even without desktop capture enabled. It's pretty handy, I might leave shadowplay and instant replay on now.

I can't get twitch streaming to work though, it instantly fails. No issues with Youtube.

So if you need to log in you cant use shadowplay offline?
You need to log in to do anything with the app, literally. It probably won't even auto update your drivers if you don't, considering you don't even get to see settings until you log in.

So it's only possible to save the last 5 minutes with Shadowplay now? I liked it on 10 minutes. Or am I missing the setting, I don't like the setting menu.
Shows up to 20min for me, regardless of resolution and bitrate.

DhczFfW.png

TheRed

So it's only possible to save the last 5 minutes with Shadowplay now? I liked it on 10 minutes. Or am I missing the setting, I don't like the setting menu.

Sky87

''We are unable to register you at this time'' and ''we are unable to log you in at this time'' constantly.

KainXVIII

Actually, even better would be letting me start and stop Shadowplay without opening Geforce Experience, because then I'd never need to interact with it at all :p

But now GE show its stupid overlay every time i run the game or even watch videos (press alt+z blah-blah)

jrcbandit

Guess I'll be uninstalling Geforce experience since it now requires a login/email to do anything. There's no reason to give Nvidia my email and require yet another username/password for its features, sigh.

We have to create an nvidia account to use this now? For a while I was using shadow play for recording but then when I found out about its impact on performance I uninstalled it. Now I'm thinking about using it but I see no reason for why they'd want me to log in. Not happy about that

Justinh

It loaded up faster for me than the old version, but I uninstalled it because of forcing you to log in. I did create a Nvidia account for it, but eh... I don't use shadowplay "Share" that much at all anymore anyways.

How do you get rid of that notification whenever you start recording? It shows up in the video, which is beyond idiotic.
OVZb.png

Wow, that is dumb. I just looked at my test desktop recording and... yeah. It's there. I wonder if it does it for the Instant replay thing, too.

Gojeran

I'm on a SSD too, and the old version is certainly not quick to start up. I'll test the new one when I get home.

Also running mine on an ssd and yes it needs to open much faster. Usually when I open it I think I've crashed my PC but it's eventually sorts itself out. Do love the program though for steaming and recording it's really easy.

Well it's faster, but the UI is utter shit now. Shadowplay especially. Used to be a lot simpler to adjust settings, now it's much more fidgety, in addition to the notification bollocks whenever you start recording.

KainXVIII

Guess I'll be uninstalling Geforce experience since it now requires a login/email to do anything. There's no reason to give Nvidia my email and require yet another username/password for its features, sigh.

I just use google account and give away my very private information (birthday) so nvidia can use it in their evil schemes.

We need NV control panel to be updated now so it doesn't take 10s for every setting change.

Use Nvidia nHancer.

It has way more options to adjust game settings and runs faster.

Only reason to use Nvidia CP is to change general video settings like resolution and colour depth and add custom resolutions.

Arulan

Use Nvidia nHancer.

It has way more options to adjust game settings and runs faster.

Only reason to use Nvidia CP is to change general video settings like resolution and colour depth and add custom resolutions.

You mean Nvidia Inspector? :p

Onyar

why they want me to log in?

I just use google account and give away my very private information (birthday) so nvidia can use it in their evil schemes.

I tried to login with google account, this is what nvidia want from my account:
Capture.png

I used my Google account, whatever.

They want their program to be an application/games launcher. Good for them.

Don't see what this update benefits me as a user though. Automatic game settings is dumb (for my user personally). Didn't bother with that.

Not even sure why I upgraded it tbh.

You mean Nvidia Inspector? :p

Yea my bad that thing. Lol.

IMACOMPUTA

Been using this for a couple weeks. Tons of bugs. Sometimes I'd hit alt f10 to save a clip and it would take like 30 seconds to respond and then make my game craaaawl for 10 or so seconds.
Seems worse than the previous GFE.

that was beta though. Hope it's fixed.

No longer able to set time limit on video recordings ? (seems to be 5 minutes only now, and record when you start and stop)

Edit - Never mind found it, customise under instant replay.

Caayn

Any news about a new GUI for the Gefore driver? It's high time that got an overhaul, the current one is slow and frequently freezes.

I'm on a SSD too, and the old version is certainly not quick to start up. I'll test the new one when I get home.

There's this bloatware that goes by the name of "AMD GAMING EVOLVED". You'd wish you hadn't installed that POS (included with every new driver for fun!) on an SSD...

Seems to load up almost instantly here (the new version).

One nice benefit of the update.

Apparently I can record in 1440p and 60 fps now, instead of being limited to 30 fps on 1440p.

MUnited83

For you.
New UI is terrible. What's with everyone going so hard for minimalistic these days anyway. It's a lot less practical now.

Top Bottom