• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX fan concept art thread

gafneo

Banned
nrtJ2J2.png

I like your n64 idea. Modified it a bit though

xFnITGf.jpg

v0yce

My Nintendo employed Uncle Reggie (no not that Reggie) sent me these official pics of the NX. He said not to show anyone, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to show you guys.

Most of the leaks have been true. Screen in the middle with detachable controllers on the side and a projector.

I can't wait to get it. Looks really fun and safe. I'll probably get mine early since my Uncle Reggie works for Nintendo.

C0K2nb6.jpg

QmE2Aga.jpg

11isGwz.jpg

gafneo

Banned
My Nintendo employed Uncle Reggie (no not that Reggie) sent me these official pics of the NX. He said not to show anyone, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to show you guys.

Most of the leaks have been true. Screen in the middle with detachable controllers on the side and a projector.

I can't wait to get it. Looks really fun and safe. I'll probably get mine early since my Uncle Reggie works for Nintendo.

That thing needs a sun roof. Don't want to mess up the gnarly do.

[imglhttps://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M29bbd83fe6dc415960639a612d9d076cH2&pid=15.1[/img]

BuggyMike

We have somewhat of a confirmation of it's design. 34:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krK3t34dyKo&feature=youtu.be&t=2099

If he really knows a developer at Ubisoft that has worked with the system then this is some interesting information. He says that he's heard there would be a console version of a game, but when you disconnect it from it's dock there would be a mobile version, as in two versions would be made (or a fully featured version in dock mode, and a less graphically intensive version for handheld mode). This would mean that the experience for games would be different based on which mode you play in, and that there is potentially more power when connected to the dock.

EDIT: he could be wording it weird and just meant that you can play the game on your console and disconnect it, but he does specifically say there would be a separate version of the game in handheld mode.

gafneo

Banned
OK, since there are some more serious concepts, I'm posting mine here too.

Next.jpg

The word serious and Nintendo don't translate together. Good art. Please make a pocket design. That's kind of the new form factor going around the street these days. Also, put some pretty lady hands holding the controllers. No one wants to imagine greesy sweaty palms touching their gamepads.

BDGAME

well now if they don't release a limited edition R.O.B dock I'm gonna be disappointed

Hehehe. For me, a R.O.B dock can be the default. Plus that dock can be used like a amiibo too. Imagine, when you play a game, like street fighter, the R.O.B act like the opponent, getting sad when it lost or happy when it wins.

Lots os other functions can be done, like alerts about new messages or games updates.

The word serious and Nintendo don't translate together. Good art. Please make a pocket design. That's kind of the new form factor going around the street these days. Also, put some pretty lady hands holding the controllers. No one wants to imagine greesy sweaty palms touching their gamepads.

Thanks.
How can a make a 'pocket design'? Clamp shell?
I use an man's hand because that is the image I found that best suits the design I made.

Maybe a Sidekick like design with second screen under the first screen would be the best solution.

I'm very very bad at drawing (and yeah even with the quick made designs here I'm still way shittier) but if someone understands what I'm trying to explain and think it's actually a quite good idea I'd be happy to see what it could ressemble.

Mix 3DS / Gamepad (so we have the quite nice white NX with colored 3DS buttons design) and add a little Sidekick in it.
57598f89-b510-4fef-84e2-469793f4ceda.jpg._CB332365799__SR300,300_.jpg

+
CI7_WiiU_White_GamePad~6_CMM_small.png

+
pink_4g_sidekick.jpg

Buttons would be on the "upper" screen of course like on the Sidekick. It's just instead of keyboard it's second screen.

(yeah I don't want the detachable controller thing... at least not how everyone including me are imagining it > see things posted in this thread)

gafneo

Banned
Hehehe. For me, a R.O.B dock can be the default. Plus that dock can be used like a amiibo too. Imagine, when you play a game, like street fighter, the R.O.B act like the opponent, getting sad when it lost or happy when it wins.

Lots os other functions can be done, like alerts about new messages or games updates.

Thanks.
How can a make a 'pocket design'? Clamp shell?
I use an man's hand because that is the image I found that best suits the design I made.
Yeah just think of a DS1 shape. Put 2 byte sized pocket wii motes in the bottom half. Lay them in little bed like holes. Maybe since they are small and cheap, they can come in generational layouts using cube and snes buttons without being seperated into 4 parts. Google just announced a bite sized motion controller for VR. Maybe its that small.

ggx2ac

This is a concept for a phone but, you can see how thin the bezel is thanks to the Free Form Display of SHARP's IGZO tech.

25.jpg

Apply that to NX for a thin bezel.

gafneo

Banned
Does anyone know the name of that baby r.o.b. In StarFox Zero that says" deactivated"? Wonder if they would make that into a mobile robot that plays a gyromite with 2 controllers.

BDGAME

Yeah just think of a DS1 shape. Put 2 byte sized pocket wii motes in the bottom half. Lay them in little bed like holes. Maybe since they are small and cheap, they can come in generational layouts using cube and snes buttons without being seperated into 4 parts. Google just announced a bite sized motion controller for VR. Maybe its that small.

I already see a mockup just like that here in neogaf.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=215511586

A very good one.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I see that people are trying to guess what NX will be based on the rumors, but let's forget the rumors for a second, what would people here REALLY like NX to be? What's your dream wiiu/3ds successor?

javadoze

OK, since there are some more serious concepts, I'm posting mine here too.

Next.jpg

A part of me really loves the look of this, but at the same time, I'm doubtful that the "circle pads" would be replaceable seeing how Nintendo likes priding themselves on (somewhat) tough systems that don't break easily.

(Love the idea of ROB being the dock, though.)

gafneo

Banned
NX concept video. All fake, but hmmm... Look at the one at 5:27. Looks like something practical. Reminds me of an official Nintendo design. Is that a real device? I'd buy that if NX turned out to look like that. My belief as it stands right now is that the NX is a plug in console for mobile devices. We already have plug in consoles for TV screens. Why don't we have consoles for mobile screens?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSb7ZGN_IM0

Rumours seem to have some discrepancy as SMD points out. The Emily/Penny alias from Eurogamer leaks seems to question the reported info. I'm thinking that the device was only described in parts to EG. NVidia was probably used for dev kits only. The details given out were prob from devkit so the look and design described might not represent the final. The info given is mainly about cosmetics. To be a true hybrid, I believe the device has to be a console in the literal sense, meaning that the existing mobile devices out there become hosts to work with portable gaming units. Look at Smart TVs. They function like Smart phones, yet they host to consoles still like PS4. We don't rely on the smart apps on the TV as dedicated gaming. The mobile phones have enough adoption as do TVs. Wouldn't it make sense to plug a pocket console into them to play games?

http://wccftech.com/emily-rogers-nintendo-nx-interview/

ggx2ac

NVidia was probably used for dev kits only.

Not directed at you but basically anyone that claims this.

I have heard countless times that the Tegra X1 in the NX dev kits are supposedly a placeholder to be replaced by a DMP GPU or some other brand that isn't Nvidia.

I've already given my reasons regarding why I don't think it'd be the DMP M3000. http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=218095046

What I still haven't heard is the reason, or a good explanation for why it is a placeholder for a non-nvidia GPU?

If we applied Occam's razor to the scenario of what the Tegra X1 is a placeholder for, the answer would be a new Tegra model that would be in use for the NX. It requires a lot of evidence and a complicated answer to explain why it would be AMD or DMP. If we also take Emily Rogers at her word, she has said that the most recent dev kits are using a customised Nvidia GPU, so it makes it even harder to claim that this custom Nvidia chip is also a placeholder for something else.

This may have already been mocked up, but I'm predicting that the "detachable" controller parts can be swapped out with custom controller pieces, possibly even by game.

Mario Kart NX Collector's Edition will come with wheel pieces that can snap into the screen. Kirby NX will have pink flaps like his arms. Splatoon will have ink-splattered tentacles.

gafneo

Banned
This may have already been mocked up, but I'm predicting that the "detachable" controller parts can be swapped out with custom controller pieces, possibly even by game.

Mario Kart NX Collector's Edition will come with wheel pieces that can snap into the screen. Kirby NX will have pink flaps like his arms. Splatoon will have ink-splattered tentacles.

Maybe we can customize the colors like the xbox 1 controllers. You get a choice of logos and patterns that you select on mynintendo's website.

gafneo

Banned
Not directed at you but basically anyone that claims this.

I have heard countless times that the Tegra X1 in the NX dev kits are supposedly a placeholder to be replaced by a DMP GPU or some other brand that isn't Nvidia.

I've already given my reasons regarding why I don't think it'd be the DMP M3000. http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=218095046

What I still haven't heard is the reason, or a good explanation for why it is a placeholder for a non-nvidia GPU?

If we applied Occam's razor to the scenario of what the Tegra X1 is a placeholder for, the answer would be a new Tegra model that would be in use for the NX. It requires a lot of evidence and a complicated answer to explain why it would be AMD or DMP. If we also take Emily Rogers at her word, she has said that the most recent dev kits are using a customised Nvidia GPU, so it makes it even harder to claim that this custom Nvidia chip is also a placeholder for something else.

Option 1:placeholder because the nVidia shield tablet was the test subject they used to build a prototype. The attached controllers were just slapped on to see what it would look like to give the tablet a gaming feel.

Option 2: Nintendo has opted to use nVidia because they have proven to make great use of TV plug and play with hdmi mini on mobiles.

gafneo

Banned
Maybe we are only playing our games at home. When we are using mobile, we are not playing them. We are only watching a computer Ai in our place. We are spectating, rewinding, adjusting nobs to form alternate outcomes. Look at the origional concepts. Those switches are not for controlling. They are for channeling.

OdnNI3.jpg

A rudimentary drawing.

Circles represent face buttons, start, select, power and camera. Rectangles next to screen are speaker grilles. Paint was a bit crap, so arrows are dpad. Replace with circlepad in your mind as necessary.

Essentially, the controllers will close half way over each screen, closing fully when both are shut.

I'd rather it look like a piece of tech this time, not a toy. I mean, Wii looked so futuristic and still does. It's a timeless design. I'm hoping for something that looks hi-tech and hopefully silver in colour.

Top Bottom