• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX launching in March to make sure there are games to go along with it

What are the odds we see Metroid Prime 4 launch window? That would probably make me pickup an NX

There was a recent comment (since the announcement of Federation Force) that said if Nintendo started on a new Metroid Prime for NX, it'd take 2-3 years.

I think we can take that as a good sign that they weren't developing one when that statement was made.

I also don't think it'd necessarily be developed by Retro Studios, so that shouldn't be a factor.

Subaru

The GPU was fabbed on a mature 40nm process and they weren't able to reduce costs with a die shrink due to the lack of eDRAM on 28nm. The CPU probably could have been shrunk, but being such a small die in the first place there wouldn't have been much saving. The MCM packaging itself might have come down in cost a bit, but is still an expensive process. The DDR3 was already mature and cheap, so there wouldn't have been many savings there. The same would be true of most of the controller components.

So, it would be impossible to add a Wii U inside the NX? I mean it, I know that the NX will have another arquitecture, but an "extra" Wii U compatible chip wouldn't be possible?
[/QUOTE]

Have they said what the difference would be for Zelda on the WiiU and the NX?

The only whispers we've heard are that visuals are improved in some way.

I'm guessing that probably means better visual performance (i.e. less pop-in, AA, higher resolution) moreso than the textures being totally redone or something.

ReyVGM

There was a recent comment (since the announcement of Federation Force) that said if Nintendo started on a new Metroid Prime for NX, it'd take 2-3 years.

I think we can take that as a good sign that they weren't developing one when that statement was made.

I also don't think it'd necessarily be developed by Retro Studios, so that shouldn't be a factor.

Not really. Nintendo said they would think about a Majora's Mask 3D if enough people asked for it. They said that while the game was in over two years of development.

Moral of the story: they can lie their asses off to not spoil the surprise.

Plasmid

March '17 is fine with me. What games would they even release at Christmas? Will buy the NX / LoZ combo that inevitably comes out.

Top Bottom