• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyKong

I'll be happy if they showed the console today, then say "join us in December for a blow out of new games".

Yes, I'll happily accept that.

Gaf when that preview drops

yf7OJsh.jpg

accurate

Speely

Banned
Its going to be so good to finally have things out in the open. I want to see what it is and what I'll be playing in it. Hopefully third parties will start dropping announcements too.

I sure hope it's an aesthetically pleasing device.

I normally don't care that much about how gaming devices look, but for some reason I really want the NX to be attractive and pleasing to my eye. Maybe I just wanna look good carrying it around.

openrob

People are getting way too involved lol.

What do you guys genuinely think we will get in a 3 minute video?

It will be a short video.

Opens with a Nintendo Exec
"I know you are all really excited blah blah blah pleased to announce *Reveal name* blah blah blah, take a look...

Cut to a preproduced video.
Buzzword filled text on screen as cool music plays in the background.

It shows a couple of unrevealing extreme close-up shots off the console then..

As the music slowly builds, the new name will drop with the music then show a full Reveal of the console from multiple angles.

Including specs, dimensions, features and then ends with the red Nintendo logo and then new slogan "there is no play like it"

How much longer do we have to go? Need to know when to set my alarm...

I hope this is able to cheer me up. My Grandpa whom I have been living with for the past five years in order to take care of so that he and my grandmother can live a some what normal life without a nursing home is in the hospital with a bad concussion and they don't think he is going to make it. It was just so sudden... I thought we had more time... My world seems like it is being turned upside down as we try to figure out legal guardianship and power of attorney of my grandma and learn a routine for caring for her since she is diabetic and has dementia and mood swings and is a fall risk. It was my grandpas last wishes before the ventilator that she be kept out of a nursing home if at all possible and we are trying our hardest to honor it.

I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm sharing... I spend a lot of time with you guys I guess...

I just need a win right now.

I guess If anyone can provide cheer it's Nintendo. All that I ask at this point is that it is ergonomic.

Thatanas

I'll be happy if they showed the console today, then say "join us in December for a blow out of new games".

Yes, I'll happily accept that.

They announce it today, so other news will have to happen before December. You can't preview it now followed by 1.5 months of silence.

Sheroking

I guess that makes sense. Nintendo did do something similar with the DS now that I think about it.

Yeah, think of this video as an upgrade on how they randomly dropped a press release in the middle of the morning (US time) announcing 3DS details for the first time ahead of E3

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Look, what I'm here for is the hilarious sales of a Splatoon sequel on a portable system in Japan.

I'm excited we finally get to find out what it is. I hope they reveal games and such within a week.

Krowley

what's a good launch lineup? Mario and Zelda? those are massive franchises and I'm sure will cause pockets of the internet like on GAF to go ape shit, but I'm not sure they move the needle with the mass market like they used to. If they have the next Wii Sports (not literally Wii Sports 2, but the equivalent for this hardware) then that's another story.

I'm still convinced that Zelda had more to do with the very first week or so of Wii launch success than Wii Sports...

Zelda was the gateway drug that caused the first wave of sales among hardcore Nintendo fans. Those people brought the system home, showed it to their families over the holidays, and everybody else got excited about wii sports, and it turned into a big thing.

I think a new Zelda, especially one that looks as awesome as this one, definitely can move consoles. Same for mario. Both franchises are still enormous.

zeioIIDX

I'm so glad that I work from home as a web developer...never have to worry about missing out on E3 or little gaming things such as this!

*UnassumingBoyLazilyDancingWhileRubbingIceCreamOnHisFace.webm*

Yui

Please be 3 minutes full of information and not 3 minutes of cheesy larping with a name and picture of the console at the end, pleeeaaase.

daxgame

that moment when you wake up in Europe and the internet has already exploded

so from what I've seen the rumors are suggesting:

- cartridge reveal
- Mario and Zelda shown
- Final name
- Portable form
- More software announcements after the reveal from 3rd parties

am I missing something ?

That's a good question. You missed out on a lot of amazing shit lol

I played both smash bros and a bit of twilight princess. Truth is I hate all side scrollers and I don't like the game pad or nunchucks. But my childhood was like 70% Nintendo back when they catered to my taste more. Idk man I'm hoping this one turns it all around for me. I loved every Nintendo handheld I've ever owned so maybe that's why I'm hopeful🤔🤔.

oti

Banned
I expect a bit of window-dressing like Miyamoto talking a bit and then presenting the 60 seconds NX trailer that Nintendo wants people to share around the internet.

More next week. More info via press release.

I normally don't care that much about how gaming devices look, but for some reason I really want the NX to be attractive and pleasing to my eye. Maybe I just wanna look good carrying it around.

I want it to feel good as well, the 3DS and the gamepad are so plasticy, mine make cracking noises.

I played both smash bros and a bit of twilight princess. Truth is I hate all side scrollers and I don't like the game pad or nunchucks. But my childhood was like 70% Nintendo back when they catered to my taste more. Idk man I'm hoping this one turns it all around for me. I loved every Nintendo handheld I've ever owned so maybe that's why I'm hopeful����.

I get you, I'm much the same way. I didn't mind the Wii controls, I loved that controller really for most games I played. Twilight Princess, Skyward, Mario Galaxy etc worked just fine with them IMO. I'm definitely more of a traditional gamer at heart which is why I'm always excited for Nintendo stuff.

Ghaleon in da house!

I'm hoping for SMM2, or at least SMM with a bunch of updates, adding Luigi, Peach, Toad, SMB2 elements, new themes/music etc. That would hype me up af.

That would be fantastic. I'd also like to see them add a Paper Mario aesthetic to that game. The more pallets they add to that game the better.

But with the 3DS version of Mario Maker still coming I can't imagine they announce it before that launch. But also this is Nintendo so who knows that they're gonna do.

I'm still convinced that Zelda had more to do with the very first week or so of Wii launch success than Wii Sports...

Zelda was the gateway drug that caused the first wave of sales among hardcore Nintendo fans. Those people brought the system home, showed it to their families over the holidays, and everybody else got excited about wii sports, and it turned into a big thing.

I think a new Zelda, especially one that looks as awesome as this one, definitely can move consoles. Same for mario. Both franchises are still enormous.

The Wii's success wasn't built in the first week. It was the sustained sales month after month which were 100% on the back of Wii Sports.

Mario and Zelda are big franchises, but they aren't going to move consoles to a whole lot of non-Nintendo fans. Nintendo needs a hook that brings in more than just their usual base. Zelda isn't going to be that.

I mean, let's be real here. We all knew what Xbox One and PS4 were going to be like. We all know/knew what Scorpio and PS4 Pro were going to be like.

Who the fuck knows about Nintendo stuff? Even if it doesn't wind up being good or popular or for you specifically, the mystery is exciting.

You know what.. your absolutely right lol. It's a big mix of nostalgic hope and curiosity. The nx could be just about anything and I guess I miss mystery in gaming.

Iokis

Three minutes or not, I'm excited. It's still three minutes more info than we've had up to this point.

Also I'm pretty sure even Nintendo won't have the balls to not include a date for a second video/Direct/conference/blowout/whatever at the end, which means an end to the "BUT WHEN WILL WE KNOW MORE?" speculation.

Speely

Banned

I hope this is able to cheer me up. My Grandpa whom I have been living with for the past five years in order to take care of so that he and my grandmother can live a some what normal life without a nursing home is in the hospital with a bad concussion and they don't think he is going to make it. It was just so sudden... I thought we had more time... My world seems like it is being turned upside down as we try to figure out legal guardianship and power of attorney of my grandma and learn a routine for caring for her since she is diabetic and has dementia and mood swings and is a fall risk. It was my grandpas last wishes before the ventilator that she be kept out of a nursing home if at all possible and we are trying our hardest to honor it.

I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm sharing... I spend a lot of time with you guys I guess...

I guess If anyone can provide cheer it's Nintendo. All that I ask at this point is that it is ergonomic.

Damn, Vlaud... really sorry that you and your family are going through that. Best wishes for you. Whatever the case, and despite what Nintendo does tomorrow, rest assured that GAF will be a fucking madhouse, and likely to bring a smile to your face for that if nothing else :)

Durante

Sooo... they decided to launch the teaser the very same day the most anticipated trailer of the year hits Internet, and they announce this during the most important TV event of the year?

Off to a good start, Nintendo!
What is that trailer and that TV event (I honestly haven't got the faintest idea)?

Krowley

Just realized there will probably be a lot more than just the trailer tomorrow.

The mainstream press will have interviews with Nintendo execs talking about the system. Wouldn't be surprised if Miyamoto has some interviews set for release right after the unveiling.

Also, there will be an NX website. It will probably go live tomorrow and it might have information or game announcements.

retroman

i hope M2 & SEGA are busy behind the scenes, working on Model 3 games for NX like Daytona USA 2 and Sega Super GT

I like the way you think.

M2 did stellar work on SEGA's 3D Classics series, so it'd be a dream come true if they would port Model 3 games to the NX.

Fingers crossed!

Dambrosi

Banned
Okay, a last minute prediction/speculation, just to put it out there:

There are rumours that the NX screen/main unit will be detachable from the controller part/s, so that the main unit can be placed in a TV dock. How about if that's not the only reason? How about if the screen can be rotated from horizontal to vertical and vice versa? It would certainly aid in the conversion of mobile games to the system, should Nintendo wish it. It would also be yet another Unique Selling Point for a very unique device.

What do you think? Is it at all feasible?

That's rough. Good luck with that, dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom