• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a Mario-64 open playground platformer with MK8 level visuals, and none of this obstacle course isometric stunted moveset shit, and we good. So fucking done with this NSMB/3Dland shit.

I agree. I mean, I enjoyed the 3D World / Land iterations, but I'd love to see a spiritual sequel to Mario 64 with great visuals.

ekim

So yeah, I'm not expecting anything tbh. I'm expecting a proper release date, I'm expecting talk around the system and I'm expecting a CG/glamour shot preview trailer thing of the physical system.

And a date for a direct next week probably.

UrbanRats

Give me a Mario-64 open playground platformer with MK8 level visuals, and none of this obstacle course isometric stunted moveset shit, and we good. So fucking done with this NSMB/3Dland shit.

I LOVED 3D World, so i'm fine with both.
I just want more 3D Mario, hell i even love Mario Sunshine, so i'm good with (almost) whatever they do, as long as it isn't 2d.

LadderFilter

Neo Member
First, this week my account got activated here on GAF, now, a NX trailer.

mmZq9qo.gif

+1 here!

This is really a great week!

Shahadan

I'd be hyped if I couldn't already bet money on the inevitable dumb extreme reactions even in unrelated threads. I'm really tired of that shit

Aldric

Lé Blade Runner;220833013 said:
I agree. I mean, I enjoyed the 3D World / Land iterations, but I'd love to see a spiritual sequel to Mario 64 with great visuals.

Whatever it is, let it be something new. l'd be as disappointed with Galaxy 3 as l'd be if they churned out a third entry in the 3D Land mold.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Now that Emily Rogers has been validated, can we talk about this?

Emily Rogers said:
New IP coming to NX from one of Nintendo's teams in Japan. Described as weird, fun and crazy. "Nintendo doesn't have another game like this"
1:01 AM - 19 Oct 2016

It isn't trying to be Nintendo's next Wii Sports. It's trying to be next Splatoon. Remember how weird Splatoon looked when you first saw it?
1:15 AM - 19 Oct 2016

What could it be?

Hip Hop

Also, for devs re-tweeting the Nintendo trailer info,

You do know they are gaming fans, right?

They could also have a stake in it, a game they have in the pipeline, but it doesn't really mean they have something coming up tomorrow.

Lmao "Miyamoto says no Mario until E3 2017!! Please stop saying Mario before then because lord Miyamoto said until E3 2017 we won't see it!!!"

Seriously get out of here with that crap. I've said it countless times it doesn't matter what Miyamoto says. He's not going to say it will be at a NX reveal.

Quick run down on the hardware.

Shows Zelda running on it.

Next a new game appears. The camera is flying around a beautifully renditioned Peach's Castle. In the background is the Mushroom Kingdom in full glory. Suddenly a warp pipe appears and out jumps the fat plumber. OMG it's Mario 128!

See you in January for more on Nintendo NX.

Fades to black.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Name ONE single instance a developer retweed and they game wasnt in it. DO IT.
Don't know about twitter, but Playtonic Games keeps on sharing unrelated games pages on Facebook, like in particular Zelda BotW and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Maximo

Glad Ill be asleep when it happens so I don't hve to waiy, and I can enjoy the insane reactions as I have breakfast tomorrow.

Soraya Saga retweeting is the most interesting. She's not a Nintendo employee but I doubt they'd show a Monolith game off as one of the first games(not counting Zelda).

I hope they blow our minds though.
You know it could just be to promote the NX preview? It's only 3 minutes. They don't have time to show all these games. Those will come later.

Baleoce

Considering the rumoured design (mainly the detachable controllers), I wonder if it will be a fully 3D Mario, or another variation on the 3D Land / World games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom