• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama administration to rename Mt. McKinley as "Denali"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Obreezy don't give a fuck now.

ht_obama_chewing_ll_1i9six.gif

It's a shame there isn't a better quality gif of this available.

It his birthday or his anniversary where he eats Reagan's favorite foods like some massive fanboy?
He got married on Reagan's birthday so he would never forget his anniversary, and he eats Reagan's favorite food every anniversary. He also said God told him to marry his wife after one date.

ivysaur12

Banned
Why is the president visiting Alaska historic? Do they never go there?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ual-history-of-presidential-visits-to-alaska/

Obama departs Aug. 31 for what will soon be the most extensive Alaska tour in history by a sitting American president. While one other sitting American president has spent more time in Alaska -- Warren G. Harding -- Obama will travel further by journeying further north while also touching southern parts of the state. (Having government planes and helicopters at one's disposal -- something Harding lacked -- helps.)

What are we going to remember William McKinley for now? I mean, besides being president at the turn of the 20th century and getting shot?

Also, i should get that Denali Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream.

No. That will be reserved for Mt Rushmore.

Where Reagan's face will replace Roosevelt's. We don't want to honor progressives here.

JC Lately

Fuck, now all my trivia games asking what the tallest mountain in North America is will be out of date. First Pluto now this? FFS.

Thanks, Obama.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't see the point of getting angry about it. If you say Mt Mckinley you will still know which one it is at this point.

If a republican president reverses this that'll be fun

What are we going to remember William McKinley for now?

I will continue to remember him for his greatest accomplishment -- getting shot and killed to allow the POAT Theodore Roosevelt (sorry Obama, you're close but nope) take over.

I visited Denali for the first time last month and that Mt. McKinley / Denali thing (mountain was Mt. McKinley, state and national parks are Denali) was annoying. Glad he sorted it out.

Obligatory pic from my visit -- spent two days in the park with pissing rain and though I was only 25 or so miles from the behemoth didn't come close to seeing it (the stat they give is it is only visible about 30% of the time) but then outside the park and about 75 miles from the mountain the clouds parted and...

Code:
[IMG]http://www.bigweathergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/150719_21_Denali_small.jpg[/IMG]

Bluth54

Jesus Christ, you can't stop this guy.

Next thing you know cats and dogs are going to be getting along.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

On a more serious note good to see the name of the mountain is getting changed back like it should be.

Dead Man

I only ever new the name Denali from the Julian May Galactic Milieu series, I thought it was Scottish for some reason lol. Good change.

I will continue to remember him for his greatest accomplishment -- getting shot and killed to allow the POAT Theodore Roosevelt (sorry Obama, you're close but nope) take over.

I visited Denali for the first time last month and that Mt. McKinley / Denali thing (mountain was Mt. McKinley, state and national parks are Denali) was annoying. Glad he sorted it out.

Obligatory pic from my visit -- spent two days in the park with pissing rain and though I was only 25 or so miles from the behemoth didn't come close to seeing it (the stat they give is it is only visible about 30% of the time) but then outside the park and about 75 miles from the mountain the clouds parted and...

Code:
[IMG]http://www.bigweathergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/150719_21_Denali_small.jpg[/IMG]

Damn, that's a beautiful picture.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
World Atlas companies win once again from the shadows. As if forcing the Soviet Union to break apart wasn't enough.

Damn them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom