• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: I'll change Mt. Denali back to Mount McKinley

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

Team denali.

Seriously, does Trump have ANY advisers? Is there really not a single person there being like, "Dude, leave the Mt. McKinley stuff alone. It's not worth it"????

Meanwhile, he continues to take jabs at Fox News! Hahahaha I love it.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 14h14 hours ago Manhattan, NY
Just out - new PPP NATIONAL POLL has me in first place by a wide margin at 29%. I wonder why only @FoxNews has not reported this? Too bad!

Chris R

Seriously, does Trump have ANY advisers? Is there really not a single person there being like, "Dude, leave the Mt. McKinley stuff alone. It's not worth it"????

It's something Obama did, you can't say "I think what Obama did was right here" and expect to earn the Republican nomination.

Obama could cure cancer and you'd have people on the right coming out against it.

Alavard

It's something Obama did, you can't say "I think what Obama did was right here" and expect to earn the Republican nomination.

Obama could cure cancer and you'd have people on the right coming out against it.

Yup. Remember when Christie gave the slightest bit of respect and thanks to Obama after superstorm Sandy? The GOP went nuts, and still haven't forgiven him.

robochimp

But it is worth it for Trump, he alienates some Alaskans, but galvanizes every single person with a seething hatred of Barack Obama. With the added bonus of making his rivals in the primary have to one up him, see Walker and his being open to building a wall along the Canadian border.

Jonm1010

Banned
Isn't this like the one thing Alaskan's universally love about Obama right now? Mt. McKinley was seen as a long standing insult to most Alaskans.

Though I guess Trump doesnt exactly think about his calculations or probably how little Ohioans give a shit about this and how little it will sway them.

If Alaskans are for this name change, wouldn't it be insulting and a slap in the face to change it back just to pander to Ohio?

He's like saying Ohio > Alaska.

Yup. Remember when Christie gave the slightest bit of respect and thanks to Obama after superstorm Sandy? The GOP went nuts, and still haven't forgiven him.

I hate Christie but seriously mad props for giving the President respect. I hate how depending on what party the President is a part of the opposing party has to be hardcore dicks about it.

The local people can call it whatever they want. Why change the name now? Its been 100 years.

Also it is just a rock. Trump is making a mistake by even caring.

Why not change the name now? It appears the vast majority of the people that actually seem to care about what it's called use Denali. The only group that seems to be opposed to the change is a rather rather loud but likely quite small segment of the population of Ohio.

Mt. Denali Trump is the most fabulous, gorgeous, and luxurious mountain in all of North America. The ice is made from the finest frozen tears of native Alaskans.

Trump is a professional pathological liar; all of the "honest" comments are ridiculous.

He oozes bullshit out of every pore.
That's what I find funny is that people say they love Trump for his honesty but he lies all the time and is frequently called out on it.

The local people can call it whatever they want. Why change the name now? Its been 100 years.

Also it is just a rock. Trump is making a mistake by even caring.

Because if he doesn't do it now, it might never get done? Shouldn't the people of the state where the mountain is located be able to choose what to call it? Its been 100 years, but it was called denali for much longer than that, doesn't that get any consideration? If its just a rock, why are you even wondering why he's changing the name back?

BigDes

The ultimate troll. Do people really give a shit about the name of that mountain?

No but because Obama changed it from the name of a white person to the Kenyan for Allah is Above All then you can see why people would have a problem.

It's just more racist pandering from the GOP, really.

Condom

Good. President Obama thinks he can change everything about our beautiful country just because he is president.

Pillville

do the general population of Ohio give a fuck about the mountain?

No. I'm in Ohio and couldn't care less.

But a lot of people around here are so anti-Obama that they will try and complain about this just because it involves Obama.

The sad thing is, this will probably get him votes.
No. Anyone pretending to care about this is only doing so because they are already on Trump's side.

Not a big fan of Obama-but having native american blood I was happy to hear it was being changed back to the original name.

This just solidifies our voice will still go unheard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom