• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

sotojuan

Literally none of those D: My household might be the only one who owns a Switch but doesn't really care about Mario... my gf bought my Switch for Smash and AC and I await whatever JRPGs come for out for it (I'm a HUGE DS/3DS fan because of that).

I'm actually thinking of selling BTOW since I never play it. Too busy with Dragon Quest games!

Clearos

The hunter: call of the wild (ps4).

I have no idea why, I saw a video and now I really want to play.

Dragon's Dogma (ps4)

Destiny 2 (PC)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Mario Odyssey ofc

Evil Within if it's good

Nothing else because I will still bè playing Divinity 2, most likely

Farsi

Mario Odyssey is a day one digital. I'll be playing it all night that day.

I want to get Evil Within 2 but Bethesda has a habit of dropping their games down to $40 within the first month of release. So not sure yet if it's worth the investment.

Mario and Wolf are definite day-ones for me. I'm really excited for Ass Creed to come back, but I think I'm going to save that one for Dec/Jan when things slow down for a bit.

BasilZero

Day 1/Pre-order
-N/A

Discounted/Year1 or more
-A Hat In Time (PC)
-Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)
-Middle-earth Shadow of War (PC)
-The Evil Within 2 (PC)
-South park The Fractured But Whole (PC)
-WWE 2k18 (when they announce it for PC)
-Fire Emblem Warrios (NS)
-Nights of Azure 2 Bride of the New Moon (PC)
-Yomawari Midnight Shadows (PC)
-Assassin's Creed Origins (PC)
-Super Mario Odyssey (NS)
-Wolfenstein II The New Colossus (PC)

Darrenf

WWE 2K18 is the only game guaranteed for Day 1. Super Mario Odyssey I'm thinking about getting at release I'm just not sure as I've never actually finished a Mario game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Mario oddyssey and nights of azure 2 for me

Edit: ah shit I forgot fire emblem warriors and battle chasers aswell

Planned to buy nothing and concentrate on my backlog. But 23€ for Dragon's Dogma is impossible to skip - it's one of my favorite games of all time and I am totally in the mood for open world action-rpgs.

AC Origins, Wolfenstein, and Mario are all sure things for me. Waffling a bit about Destiny 2 but I've still got it preordered from Amazon at the moment. A Hat in Time got my money long before they'd announced a release date. Elex is tempting just for the open world aspect but the combat looks clunky and I've already got plenty to play. Doesn't seem like a game that will hold its price. Had no idea that Raiden V was coming to Steam, that's neat. (Obligatory: Shame it isn't on Switch though.)

GamerJM

Banned
Just Mario Odyssey. I'm hoping there's a B2G1F deal some time this month (or November) so I can get some games I've been putting off getting for a while (Mario Maker 3DS, Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia, Digimon: Cyber Sleuth).

I might get Fractured But Whole sometime down the line after I play Stick of Truth if I like that though.

Mario Odyssey, Nights of Azure 2 (Switch), Fire Emblem Warriors, and Superbeat Xonic (Switch, and hopefully it's still set for the 3rd).

chadskin

At launch Hidden Agenda if it reviews well and AC Origins later in the year or early next year. Still busy with my backlog.

Mario Odyssey for sure.

Fire Emblem Warriors I'll get down the line on sale.

Chaos;Child I'm buying, but I won't be playing it yet in hope of a Chaos;Head port/remake being localised in the coming years.

Chaos%3BChild_cover.png

Not going to get it in Oct barring some unforeseen circumstances, but it's the release I'm most looking forward to.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga+ Bowsers Minions
South Park the Fractured But Whole
Fire Emblem Warriors
Super Mario Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Origins

gonna be a fun month

Blyr

Banned
Cyberdimension Neptunia, preordered the LE

I'd like to get FE: Warriors, but I still don't have a switch, and can't justify buying one yet (I have too many games I still need to play as-is, and I need to stop buying systems and games in the launch window only to leave them in their boxes for 6months while I catch up)

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 and Dragon's Dogma; Dark Arisen. A good month indeed.

Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein are the only day-one purchases.

South Park depends on reviews. ME: Shadow of War and AC: Origins depend on reviews as well as eventual discounts.

Top Bottom