• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

TVD vs Black should be for the NXT title

it feels infinitely more important
tumblr_oy1v6pT0lC1tuenido1_500.gif

They have two guys pulling off great characters beyond "guy with something to prove in trunks" and yet we're getting that, again, for the 80th time.

It should be posted every day to remind people of what is in store for your fav indy workers who you just so badly want to see escape to WWE and be adored worldwide

It should be posted twice every day every year in the month of October

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It should be posted every day to remind people of what is in store for your fav indy workers who you just so badly want to see escape to WWE and be adored worldwide

It should be posted twice every day every year in the month of October

blame the indie workers selling their soul to be popular. attention addicts!

For the crime of looking cool once ever for Wrestle Kingdom, I sentence you to be a shittier looking pumpkin king than the cardboard one in every Hot Topic this month

Is it wrong that I'm pumped to see what Pumpkin Spice Balor looks like as a whole? Orange is my fave colour after all.

Also hyped in a completely different manner at seeing Sister Abigail.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For the crime of looking cool once ever for Wrestle Kingdom, I sentence you to be a shittier looking pumpkin king than the cardboard one in every Hot Topic this month

Hey, he leaned hard on that when he was taking independent bookings. He earned it!

Is it wrong that I'm pumped to see what Pumpkin Spice Balor looks like as a whole? Orange is my fave colour after all.

Also hyped in a completely different manner at seeing Sister Abigail.

I can't wait.

I'm hoping to get an epic Alvarez rant

Why? Alvarez is one of the biggest babies in the business. He cries all the time.

klonere

Banned
I mean most NJPW cards have 2 to 3 matches you'd be looking forward to max.

No company puts on top to bottom blow away shows every single month because that kind of booking will burn your top money matches out quickly and destroy any semblance of feud pacing as well.

Anth0ny

wrestling ppvs should have "only" 2 or 3 matches to look forward to. the other matches are called the "undercard" for a reason.

the problem is when they can't deliver on those 2 or 3 matches.

I'm calling it
Pumpkin Balor>Regular ass Demon Balor

You'll all see!
Unfortunately pumpkin Balor will still do nothing but stomps and dropkicks because those moves are so DEMONIC.

wrestling ppvs should have "only" 2 or 3 matches to look forward to. the other matches are called the "undercard" for a reason.

I'd argue against that, tbh

2017 WWE, as its fans are quick to note, has The Most Stacked Roster Ever. Look at all the indy people they got, and the ones that are coming soon from NXT.

Contrary to their hopes, not all of those people are going to be main eventers. Ever. By definition on a roster that large, a lot of them are going to have to be in the undercard and midcard. Failing to make that, and them, interesting once (let alone regularly) is remarkably disappointing. You should want to see them, and the product with them, and where it all goes. WWE fails to do that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is all building to a spot where Balor puts a pumpkin on Bray's head and he fumbles around before being pinned

I'm ready for this

the problem is when they can't deliver on those 2 or 3 matches.

Eh, i disagree to a point. With the amount of time and effort WWE puts into every "story" there should be a lot more to look forward too. But more often than not we're already exhausted or they've fumbled the entire way.

Savage vs Steamboat was technically an undercard match at the time.

Undercard matches should be guys going to WORK to get themselves over and move up the card. Now, they just do whatever Road Dogg and Michael "Why can't the children pray in school" Hayes tell them to do.

Anth0ny

I'd argue against that, tbh

2017 WWE, as its fans are quick to note, has The Most Stacked Roster Ever. Look at all the indy people they got, and the ones that are coming soon from NXT.

Contrary to their hopes, not all of those people are going to be main eventers. Ever. By definition on a roster that large, a lot of them are going to have to be in the undercard and midcard. Failing to make that, and them, interesting once (let alone regularly) is remarkably disappointing. You should want to see them, and the product with them, and where it all goes. WWE fails to do that

Eh, i disagree to a point. With the amount of time and effort WWE puts into every "story" there should be a lot more to look forward too. But more often than not we're already exhausted or they've fumbled the entire way.

in theory you guys are right

but overexposure is a thing, especially when they have to fill 6 hours of tv every week, and usually do so by giving away what should be ppv matches.

new japan proves my theory, they could go out there and have full ass, 8 match deep cards if they want to, but instead limit it to 2 or 3 big matches per big show. everyone else is in clearly lower stakes multi-man tags. keeps things feeling special, and then you can go all out for wrestle kingdom which is the once a year "supercard".

in theory you guys are right

but overexposure is a thing, especially when they have to fill 6 hours of tv every week, and usually do so by giving away what should be ppv matches.

new japan proves my theory, they could go out there and have full ass, 8 match deep cards if they want to, but instead limit it to 2 or 3 big matches per big show. everyone else is in clearly lower stakes multi-man tags. keeps things feeling special, and then you can go all out for wrestle kingdom which is the once a year "supercard".

I think a big difference is, AFAIK, New Japan doesn't over hype every.single.undercard.

Also, New Japan multi-mans (while exhausting) do help to further some story lines.

klonere

Banned
Marty's gone heavy into his shtick. Which is fine - he's still very over when I see him perform live and on tape. If you can avoid having to kill yourself every match and instead rely on your shtick to carry you, it's only a positive as a performer.

I can see why people wouldn't like it though. Marty in OTT is just a phenom so I still get him at his peak every once in a while which keeps me onboard.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Marty's gone heavy into his shtick. Which is fine - he's still very over when I see him perform live and on tape. If you can avoid having to kill yourself every match and instead rely on your shtick to carry you, it's only a positive as a performer.

I can see why people wouldn't like it though. Marty in OTT is just a phenom so I still get him at his peak every once in a while which keeps me onboard.

I agree, I find no fault on him staying way over with the audience and doing less. Better for his bump card.

Watch Marty now, and marty in 2013/4, there isn't much different. He hasn't really grown a ton as a wrestler, but as you noted his personality has taken on a larger life.

Top Bottom