• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Pikma

Banned
iv9V5xb.png

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/art...e-shawn-michaels-referee-nxt-live-san-antonio
Lmao this can't be real

Does this even make any sense storyline wise?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I love Velveteen Dream.

He will be so wasted on the main roster :/

I don't think so. I think his character can overcome bad booking. I don't think his character is fragile at all - I think he'll be alright.

Syder

Marty's gone heavy into his shtick. Which is fine - he's still very over when I see him perform live and on tape. If you can avoid having to kill yourself every match and instead rely on your shtick to carry you, it's only a positive as a performer.

I can see why people wouldn't like it though. Marty in OTT is just a phenom so I still get him at his peak every once in a while which keeps me onboard.
The majority of Marty stuff I've seen this year has been in NJPW where he still very much warming up but he still had some great matches in the Super Juniors and the Japanese crowds are reacting to his gimmick. He's already getting a feud for a title (with Ospreay) and I really hope he clicks with New Japan and commits himself there.

klonere

Banned
The majority of Marty stuff I've seen this year has been in NJPW where he still very much warming up but he still had some great matches in the Super Juniors and the Japanese crowds are reacting to his gimmick. He's already getting a feud for a title (with Ospreay) and I really hope he clicks with New Japan and commits himself there.

He puts in the right amount of work depending where he is on the card.

Ospreay will make him look amazing, as he has always done. Hopefully they update their match from what it was a few years back, it was getting a bit stale. I'm sure Will has plenty of new ideas.

Syder

He puts in the right amount of work depending where he is on the card.

Ospreay will make him look amazing, as he has always done. Hopefully they update their match from what it was a few years back, it was getting a bit stale. I'm sure Will has plenty of new ideas.
I agree, I expect this feud to be great.

I'd like to eventually see Marty take the title and go on to have matches with Kushida and Takahashi.

klonere

Banned
Marty's definitely always been a smart lad about branding and marketing. He always went out of his way to get logos, videos and unique gear done for himself to stand out. He's very much in line with the Bucks on that and I'd bet that's why they clicked so well, which netted him a spot in the Bullet Club.

See kids, if you put in the work to market yourself and create an image outside of the WWE machine, you too can make indie megabux.

Shauni

Savage vs Steamboat was technically an undercard match at the time.

Undercard matches should be guys going to WORK to get themselves over and move up the card. Now, they just do whatever Road Dogg and Michael "Why can't the children pray in school" Hayes tell them to do.

I think traditional booking would distinguish between undercard and midcard

klonere

Banned
Insane fantasy booking: Omega and Cody eventually have a match to unify the IWGP US belt and ROH title because ROH is essentially a supplicant organization to NJPW so it makes sense.

Omega wins and finally makes the ROH belt relevant again.

Anth0ny

Insane fantasy booking: Omega and Cody eventually have a match to unify the IWGP US belt and ROH title because ROH is essentially a supplicant organization to NJPW so it makes sense.

Omega wins and finally makes the ROH belt relevant again.

New Japan and ROH merge. Sinclair decides to go all in on pro wrasslin, starting with a weekly show on Monday nights at 9pm.

When Stern brought up TNA, Corgan said they fired him after three months because “$1.8 million I invested wasn’t enough.” He added that they “tried to steal my money,” but he got it back in a settlement and has invested in the NWA.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Can't wait until NJPW signs so many guys they have to make Wrestle Kindom 7 hour long

It WAS 7 hours long 4 years ago.

Let me explain...prior to GFW airing WK on ppv, WK was nearly 7 hours long. I watched it live and it started around 2am and the main event ended well after 8am. When they got JJ on board, they drastically reduced the card and never returned back to the old format.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I had the weirdest dream last night that I went on this long road trip to see some play, except when I got there the play was just wrestling in a big classical concert hall. Also, my date to this was Alexa Bliss and she kept bringing me alcohol and insisting we get wasted.
zWVbK.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm with Corgan, I think NWA makes more sense than TNA

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are Sanity defending the tag titles under freebird rules?

No, I think it's specifically just Wolfe and Alexander based on how they've presented it. Same deal as when the Shield had the tag titles. Which of course, is true again right now.

Not only is this a house show, will it even be on the Network?

Nah, it's just a house show, I doubt the result will even be reported. I think they just want people to think its like the occasional house show title changes they've been doing recently.

Top Bottom