• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, I was thinking this might simply be a hometown thing. You're probably right. Almost feels crazy to use an appearance for that but Lesnar did the Winnipeg house show.

I don't know that they pay Shawn per appearance like that. He's a full time trainer for NXT.

Isn't NJPW already expanding in the U.S.? The first step was their U.S. title, right?

They were trying but a lot of people (Meltzer included) think it's a bad idea.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm legit interested in why you think this.
They have a point that it’s obviously Hunner trying to siphon off ROH fans, but between the stuff with Roman and the BC ‘invasion’ they’ve been getting obnoxious as shit lately. It’s like if you split Dolph Ziggler into two people.

NXT being in the area was announced about a year in advance. They announced the Houston Survivor Series at the Toronto event. I am sure ROH scheduled after. It's not unusual for other promotions to schedule around big WWE PPVs if they think a lot of wrestling fans will be in the area.

ROH had their show booked for that week before the Takeover was announced

They announced Survivor Series in San Antonio literally during last years' show in Toronto, thus it was obvious there was going to be a TakeOver there

Get real if you think ROH isn't in San Antonio that weekend because of WWE.

Which is fine, It's not a criticism or even anything to make fun of them for, but it is still funny to see the Bucks posting that stuff when they're only there because WWE is there in the first place.

They have a point that it’s obviously Hunner trying to siphon off ROH fans, but between the stuff with Roman and the BC ‘invasion’ they’ve been getting obnoxious as shit lately. It’s like if you split Dolph Ziggler into two people.

4 Zigglers?!

I agree though. I don't care for the Bucks

Adree

Stolen from twitter:
DMeST__W0AAseWw.jpg

[thinks about it, then shudders]

I see your point. If they hadn't done the invasion, they probably wouldn't have so many cease and desists...

They announced Survivor Series in San Antonio literally during last years' show in Toronto, thus it was obvious there was going to be a TakeOver there

Get real if you think ROH isn't in San Antonio that weekend because of WWE.

Which is fine, It's not a criticism or even anything to make fun of them for, but it is still funny to see the Bucks posting that stuff when they're only there because WWE is there in the first place.

But Survivor Series and Takeover are in Houston?

klonere

Banned
And apparently the second step is “hope for the best”

I'm pretty sure Kidani said they were very happy with this year's US shows and are slowly building up infrastructure (an office, support staff) to run a bigger set of shows next year.

They aren't just diving into with a ton of resources immediately, just testing the waters.

Swagger just posted a video on Twitter saying he's noticed the trend of WWE going to the same market and running shows to compete with indies, saying among other examples it's no coincidence WrestleCade (booked first) is getting less attention than Smackdown's late announced Starcade https://twitter.com/RealJackSwagger/status/921094122475261952 https://twitter.com/RealJackSwagger/status/921094967266856960

Proud of Jack for once and glad it's clearly not just fans noticing the BS these days

It's not really BS. It's very clear what their intentions are to anyone with any semblance of sense. They aren't really hiding it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think Vince has anything to do with where NXT books its house shows.

Top Bottom