• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just wanted you to stop hiding who you are, Pikma. You don't have to hide anymore.

It isn't. It's also the most boring 'safe' answer when someone asks your favorite meme

like I don't even want to engage with you on favorite memes if you're going to pick that one.
We know dude we all see your posts

They are doing a meet n greet with Naito as well. Elgin was originally booking that match as Naito vs Pentagon Jr. but he had another booking. Crazy excited for this show.

And now for...as the Heel Turns...

HHH: "Pop it seems that a lot of our wrestlers are realizing they can make more money and grow their brand easier in the indies..."

Vince McMahon: " What are those?"

HHH:" Er...they're small independent wrestling promotions..."

Vince McMahon: " Oh you mean territories! Those are gone. Haven't existed in ages."

HHH: " ...actually...."

Vince McMahon: " Cause I killed em all! Hah! Bought up all their workers and put em on my show! You got anyone getting too big you just buy up their best guy and brand em in your own company."

HHH: " Well we did that Vince. Dont you remember? We bought up a ton of them."

Vince McMahon:" We did...from the territories? Who'd we get?"

HHH: " Indies. They're called indies now."

Vince McMahon: " Well if they're from India make em a heel! Damned foreigners are only good for getting faces over anyhow."

HHH: " ..."
HHH: " Sir I think your confusing Indies with Indians."

Vince McMahon: " God Tatanka would've made such a great heel. I was gonna make him a drunk gimmick but we were still PG back then! Hah. Boy would he have gotten over during the Attitude Era. I'd have had him as a comedy sidekick trying to steal Stone Cold's beers out of the air!"

HHH: " Um..."

Vince McMahon: " Course problem is Steve was always way too good at catching those things. Wouldn't have worked..."

HHH: " Vince I'm saying we bought up a TON of the Independent talent already and they want to leave. They say they can make more money in the indie...er...territories now that things like tape archives are accessible world wide thanks to the internet. Youtube puts them over more than we are!"

Vince McMahon: " What!? How's that possible? We bought them! You can't get bigger than us! Once you're here your our guys! What happened to them that made them wanna leave?!"

HHH: " You made most of them enhancement talent Vince. When they got over more than the guys you were trying to put over you buried them in bad gimmicks or tag teams. Some you squashed. The win loss ratio here is almost always 50/50. No one ever has a real feud build and we sorta blow the entire premise of the stories from week to week with the matches running on televised shows instead of saving them for the pay per views. In general...you just keep wanting us to rush to the end of the story and then tell it again every week up till their match at PPV. By the time they get there the folks are bored with everything."

Vince McMahon: " Well hows it a payoff if the heels win though?! Just put all the belts on heels, and keep em there! Then folks will tune in to see them lose. Are any of them Foreigners?! Make em a heel! Throw the belt on em!"

HHH: " Vince we did that already. We made our own super foreigner heel. Problem is no one cares. He wasn't internet famous like the guys who want to leave and we hadn't used him in ages. You put a belt on him once he got juiced in the gym and folks got confused about an opening act guy being our supervillain champ."

Vince McMahon: " We got any other foreigners?"

HHH: " One but he's so over as a face we can't bury him. Thats not the point though. I'm saying our talent want to quit and by talent I mean all the indie darlings that have been pushing our own home grown guys!"

Vince McMahon:" Home grown? I thought we fired Xpac and RVD already!"

HHH: " Not that kind sir...Look. The talent want to leave. Hell when CJ Parker got over in Japan and Shinsuke Nakamura started getting losses to Corbin folks kind of started getting the idea that folks get over more outside of here. Even Cody is over in the indies now!"

Vince McMahon: " They wanna go to overseas to get over in the territories? Those indies are our competition? FINE! Then we'll make our OWN Indies! Hold tournaments and book nothing but indy folks. One for every kind of fed! I'm talking cruiserweights, womens leagues, and even british feds! Then book them as their own shows overseas. If you find a major fed just book all its folks and see if you can't convince them to defend OUR belt on THEIR show! Then their product will be more known for our title than their own! Hell see if they're stupid enough to let us buy up their tape archives so we can monetize off their stuff and leave them with no rights to their best works!"

HHH: " Thats...actually pretty clever. This might work. We could even book different kinds of styles than our main show! And then we can appeal to more audiences!"

Vince McMahon: " Oh no one gets over the main show! Thats where the giants play! Football players and bodybuilders look better on shirts and toys. No one wants to look up to a midget! Nooooo...you book those guys online only since thats where you say folks go to watch em. Run that shit after our stuff is over! That way we dont self compete for ratings. We'll just film it after that crowd of ours is good and hot after 3 hours of glistening muscle glory!"

HHH: " Wait run them after our..."

Vince McMahon: " mmmmmmmm muscles..."

HHH: "..."
HHH: "Vince are you rubbing my chest?"

Vince McMahon: " Ever think about a title run? You got the build. You could be a star young fella! Lemme just change the card for Wrestlemania..."

*and thus WWE Britain, 205 live, Mae Young Classic and more were created...*

Missing a few "pals" in there but I could see it going that way.

New York Post quotes Alexa Bliss as saying Nia Jax will be back in WWE.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/19/alexa-bliss-the-real-reason-nia-jax-stepped-away-from-wwe/

" She’s taking some time off because our schedule it very grueling. It’s very, very demanding."

Of course she's gonna be back. She's got nowhere to go. But I don't think her situation was ever that serious anyways. She just dislikes her creative like probably everyone else.

And even if she did walk out because she's unhappy, which i don't think she did, Bliss is never ever gonna say that.

Of course she's gonna be back. She's got nowhere to go. But I don't think her situation was ever that serious anyways. She just dislikes her creative like probably everyone else.

And even if she did walk out because she's unhappy, which i don't think she did, Bliss is never ever gonna say that.

I'll be honest Nia has zero room to complain if she is complaining. As someone who likes her more than most, she's gotten pushed far beyond her talent level in ring, on the mic and character work.

MC Safety

Nia doesn't really seem into it. And she hasn't improved either as a wrestler or a personality.

She's got the modeling thing to fall back on. Maybe she won't be back, and the WWE can replace her with someone from the Mae Young classic who wants the opportunity.

Nia doesn't really seem into it. And she hasn't improved either as a wrestler or a personality.

She's got the modeling thing to fall back on. Maybe she won't be back, and the WWE can replace her with someone from the Mae Young classic who wants the opportunity.

Give Alpha Female her spot pls

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In all honesty I don't think either Neville or Nia has as much of a reason to complain as they think they do.

Nia was bad at everything and if anything his Cruiserweight run gave Neville more to work with than what he had before. It's not that he's bad it's that he was never going to outshine the guys they already had in the top roles. He's not AJ Styles.

For what it's worth I don't think Cody Rhodes deserved to be pushed harder, either. It's not that I don't have sympathy for their issues, it's that not everyone is just misused like Drew McIntyre was. I don't think that route is going to work for them.

I wouldn't put much value in what Sports Illustrated "reported" either. They've been trash for a couple of years now...at least. Saying Nia, who has like little to no merch, has leverage because of The Rock is just insane. She's not the first and only relative of a former wrestler.

Foggy

In all honesty I don't think either Neville or Nia has as much of a reason to complain as they think they do.

Nia was bad at everything and if anything his Cruiserweight run gave Neville more to work with than what he had before. It's not that he's bad it's that he was never going to outshine the guys they already had in the top roles. He's not AJ Styles.

For what it's worth I don't think Cody Rhodes deserved to be pushed harder, either. It's not that I don't have sympathy for their issues, it's that not everyone is just misused like Drew McIntyre was. I don't think that route is going to work for them.

I don't blame the guy for not accepting "you're short, this is the best you'll get"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't blame the guy for not accepting "you're short, this is the best you'll get"
I mean if everyone was a mark for themselves like that you couldn't run a company.

Neville is good but he isn't THAT good. Would I rather see Owens/Zayn/Nakamura/Styles or Neville? It isn't a hard question. For me anyways.

Maybe his ceiling is higher than I'm envisioning but he never struck me as more than a midcarder and someone has to midcard.

Anth0ny

I mean if everyone was a mark for themselves like that you couldn't run a company.

Neville is good but he isn't THAT good. Would I rather see Owens/Zayn/Nakamura/Styles or Neville? It isn't a hard question. For me anyways.

when zayn is pulled from tv after vince loses interest in this current angle and goes back to working pre-show matches on ppvs, he's going to walk out too.

when zayn is pulled from tv after vince loses interest in this current angle and goes back to working pre-show matches on ppvs, he's going to walk out too.
Realistically, he'll probably just wait a week or so until they have a new angle for him.

205 Live Neville was more entertaining than anything those guys you listed have been lately. He was just on a program no one cared about
No one really cared about the entire division.

Angry Grimace

I doubt it.

I think you are wildly overestimating how much people want to walk out of WWE. Like I get it's cool to believe everyone is leaving and going to sign with New Japan but that isn't actually happening.

Foggy

Maybe his ceiling is higher than I'm envisioning but he never struck me as more than a midcarder and someone has to midcard.

There's clearly a spectrum of self-worth between being a mark for yourself and having higher aspirations for yourself. Besides, referring to the CW division as midcard is generous at best.

I don't know why it's so damning for guys to seek greener pastures to raise their profile. Was Stone Cold a mark for himself when he left WCW? After all, he was just a midcarder. Same for Chris Jericho. Or Eddie Guerrero. Or Scott Hall. Or any number of guys.

Angry Grimace

There's clearly a spectrum of self-worth between being a mark for yourself and having higher aspirations for yourself. Besides, referring to the CW division as midcard is generous at best.

I don't know why it's so damning for guys to seek greener pastures to raise their profile. Was Stone Cold a mark for himself when he left WCW? After all, he was just a midcarder. Same for Chris Jericho. Or Eddie Guerrero. Or Scott Hall. Or any number of guys.
because most of them can't actually do that.

It's mostly just a dramatic misunderstanding of how easy it is to sign with New Japan and what money is actually out there for fake fighting.

Most of the dumb 5 years shit you guys spit is mostly just jacking it over wild overestimation of how much New Japan wants to sign your favorite former-WWE indie darling. New Japan mostly cares about succeeding in Japan with Japanese wrestlers.

Austin got fired.

And funny enough of The Radicals only half worked out. Malenko and Saturn were better off in WCW, same with Raven later.

Foggy

because most of them can't actually do that.

It's mostly just a dramatic misunderstanding of how easy it is to sign with New Japan and what money is actually out there for fake fighting.

Most of the dumb 5 years shit you guys spit is mostly just jacking it over wild overestimation of how much New Japan wants to sign your favorite former-WWE indie darling. New Japan mostly cares about succeeding in Japan with Japanese wrestlers.

You're kind of projecting here...

We can check in with ZSJ and Kota Ibushi. Last I checked, they're not on skid row after turning down contracts.

Angry Grimace

You're kind of projecting here...

We can check in with ZSJ and Kota Ibushi. Last I checked, they're not on skid row after turning down contracts.
That doesn't even make sense. What would I be projecting?

The number of WWE guys who have gone on to bigger and better is what - Cody and Drew? And Drew is back in WWE.

This is why my hero from WWE is, was, and always will be the late Patrice O'Neal

aka the creative writer who when he was fired flatout told them he didn't care because he knew his worth, had opportunities elsewhere that he'd already made offers to and had offers from, and it was okay because it was just one job of many available

Steph got so pissed she repeatedly called him to tell him he was fired. Transparent attempt to make him sad or mad AND it didn't work lolllllll

If WrassleGAF was around then, I'm sure we'd have had a WWE Defense Force swearing that actually he was bad at his job, Steph was right and the best, the calls were epic, and also he was doomed to be blackballed from employment for this grave injustice he did to the McMahons, The Only Employers

Top Bottom