• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

miserable

64745b03e4906f64770b4890eaeb9b06.jpg

Foggy

NJPW is sometimes interested in guys we don't expect. That much is true. I'm not predicting who they would and wouldn't be interested in. I'm more talking from a numbers perspective. They are pretty much full. Meltzer said so himself. If a bunch of guys leave WWE expecting to get NJPW (or even ROH) paydays, a lot of them are going to be disappointed. The scene just doesn't have the volume of money coming in to support it. Unless all the ex-WWE guys decide to take way less money than normal.

For sure, but both sides of this hypothetical coin aren't happening. NJPW can't accommodate an exodus of talent and WWE isn't and won't hemorrhage talent.

Plus I'd wager if someone isn't savvy enough to know about what NJPW, RoH, Impact, etc can accommodate, then they probably weren't savvy enough to sail the indie seas.

Foggy

Oh and October is the best month. Just got back from a drive-in triple feature of Annabelle Creation, It, and The Exorcist. Good times.

OK, yeah, I'm thinkin' I botched that one. Just highlighting the absurdity that the resurgence of white supremacy is being met with wrasslin' chants along with the fact that WWE is both shitty and desperate enough that doing something like hiring an open Nazi has a non-zero chance of happening.

Oh and October is the best month. Just got back from a drive-in triple feature of Annabelle Creation, It, and The Exorcist. Good times.

That does sound fun. We dont really do halloween here. Each year though a camping ground on the central coast holds a horror movie camp out. They have people employed dressed up going around terrifying people, fucking with tents etc. Its usually a lot of fun.

I havent really had a chance to watch anything this week but I bought a box set of Tarkovsky's movies.

Toki767

People really think Neville couldn't make it in the indies if he left WWE?

I'm fairly sure Neville could make it anywhere other than TNA because they'd be the worst option for him.

klonere

Banned
I do hope Neville goes back to Dragon Gate so people who don't think he's potentially a top 10 worldwide performer will miss out on all the amazing matches and feuds he'll be apart of because they aren't watching :)

I do hope Neville goes back to Dragon Gate so people who don't think he's potentially a top 10 worldwide performer will miss out on all the amazing matches and feuds he'll be apart of because they aren't watching :)

If he does go back to DG, I hope CIMA tries to recruit him for Over Generation, but then he turns heel and join VerserK instead. Heel Neville as Dream Gate champion would be pretty great. Also, any instance of CIMA being made to look like a chump's good in my book :p

On the other hand, NJPW made quite a strong play for him before he signed with WWE - he had a very good showing in the 2012 BoSJ, reaching the semi-finals. A BoSJ win and IWGP Jr. title run might be appealing to one of the best high flyer's in the world.

klonere

Banned
If he does go back to DG, I hope CIMA tries to recruit him for Over Generation, but then he turns heel and join VerserK instead. Heel Neville as Dream Gate champion would be pretty great. Also, any instance of CIMA being made to look like a chump's good in my book :p

On the other hand, NJPW made quite a strong play for him before he signed with WWE - he had a very good showing in the 2012 BoSJ, reaching the semi-finals. A BoSJ win and IWGP Jr. title run might be appealing to one of the best high flyer's in the world.

Nooo don't extend VerserK's lifetime any more D: But I do like the idea of him punking out CIMA. Wait, no I just had an image of a Cerberus into Red Arrow finish on CIMA to win the Twin Gate, I'm back onboard.

I'm unreasonably excited about whatever Neville decides to do and hope WWE don't make him sit out the remainder of his contract or something stupid.

Top Bottom