• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I took off today. May take my loved ones to see that new Blade Runner. Hmmm...

I went and took my better half to see Princess Bride on Wednesday this week. Probably won't be doing that "see old movies you love in the theater like Jesus Christ intended" again. Sat next to a dude who took his fucking shoes off and I got into it with him about it. She sat next to someone who quoted the whole movie.

Kind of miserable experience, and a weird reminder that the Princess Bride isn't a wonderful movie. It's good in spots. I'm trying to decide which half of the movie I like better. Probably the second half.

I went and took my better half to see Princess Bride on Wednesday this week. Probably won't be doing that "see old movies you love in the theater like Jesus Christ intended" again. Sat next to a dude who took his fucking shoes off and I got into it with him about it. She sat next to someone who quoted the whole movie.

That sounds godawful. The independent cinema near me does a good job appealing to both sorts of crowds, they run special quote along/sing along events or theme evenings/all-nighters, but outside of that it's a strict no tolerance policy for talking, using your phone, generally being a dick, etc.

Got to see Akira on the big screen earlier in the year, which was an awesome experience. And the chrome & black version of Mad Max.

That sounds godawful. The independent cinema near me does a good job appealing to both sorts of crowds, they run special quote along/sing along events or theme evenings/all-nighters, but outside of that it's a strict no tolerance policy for talking, using your phone, generally being a dick, etc.

Got to see Akira on the big screen earlier in the year, which was an awesome experience. And the chrome & black version of Mad Max.

Prince Charles, aye?

Went to see Beyond the Mat there with my other half, was a good time. Things like the entire cinema laughing when Terry Funk says he's going to retire and it going right over her head.

imBask

Banned
You guys need an Alamo Drafthouse it completely changed movies for me.

Can't go back to regular theaters

I still pray to the cinema gods every day

I see like 2 movies in theaters now, and it's usually when i'm on vacation, during the week, in the middle of the day, for a movie that's been out for weeks

50% of the time I still manage to get people who are texting out of the 5 people in the theater

Zach

Kind of miserable experience, and a weird reminder that the Princess Bride isn't a wonderful movie. It's good in spots. I'm trying to decide which half of the movie I like better. Probably the second half.
I like The Princess Bride a lot. But I hate going to the theataaaah, generally speaking. Going when a show just opens, or to an old movie with a bunch of diehard weirdos, seems like heck on earth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like The Princess Bride a lot. But I hate going to the theataaaah, generally speaking. Going when a show just opens, or to an old movie with a bunch of diehard weirdos, seems like heck on earth.

There's some strangely nonsensical things going on with it. Why did Westley almost slap Buttercup? What was his plan if not booted to the ravine?

Inigo Montoya almost single-handedly makes that film amazing, even though I love Fezzik.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Don't worry, we get it, you don't think Neville will make it outside of wwe.
Why does this imagined take make you so angry?

Like some of you guys get really angry about anything that you perceive to be negative in any way about NJPW it's kind of disturbing.

Foggy

Lifehack: go to the theater for an early morning show on the weekends. It's way cheaper and the sort of riff raff that ruins the theater experience is never there.

Mahonay

Banned
Lifehack: go to the theater for an early morning show on the weekends. It's way cheaper and the sort of riff raff that ruins the theater experience is never there.
Unless you're in NYC. Then it's always expensive as fuck.

But I do like going to earlier showings so I can sit wherever I feel like.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think this sentence means what you intend and nobody said he has no talent to begin with

I understand you just fine. You think he's a fine talent, but will have trouble in the non-WWE scene making better money or a better living.

It's ok to have different viewpoints, nevermind the people upset.

Mahonay

Banned
I understand you just fine. You think he's a fine talent, but will have trouble in the non-WWE scene making better money or a better living.

I guarantee you he won't have trouble. I'd bet on it.

klonere

Banned
It's funny that Neville would be so mad that he doesn't get a cut of video game or DVD sales when he's moving into a space that has neither of those as an income stream.

FUcking idiot mark

Mahonay

Banned
It's funny that Neville would be so mad that he doesn't get a cut of video game or DVD sales when he's moving into a space that has neither of those as an income stream.

FUcking idiot mark
OH SHIT MY 2K MONEYYYYYYYY

lol you mean like Wrestlemania 33 DVD where his match was completely left out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guarantee you he won't have trouble. I'd bet on it.

Don't guarantee me! I think he'll do fine, I'm not in the same camp as ol' Grimbo. I think he'll do alright.

FUcking idiot mark

Perhaps it's something else...

Anybody: "Hey I think it might be interesting to see Neville in AAW now that he's moved on"

The Usual Suspects: "HAW HAW AAW?! What's an AAW? Isn't that a root beer company? I knew that no talent SOB was a nobody, now he's out of the business and making soda. scrub, Nobody Fucks With The Rich"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody: "Hey I think it might be interesting to see Neville in AAW now that he's moved on"

The Usual Suspects: "HAW HAW AAW?! What's an AAW? Isn't that a root beer company? I knew that no talent SOB was a nobody, now he's out of the business and making soda. scrub, Nobody Fucks With The Rich"

Who are the usual suspects? I always feel like you're talking about me, but that'd be really stupid to say, since I said no such thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I just don't think there's actually that much room on the indies for people to do what Cody Rhodes is doing. People seem to just make stuff up how much money is being thrown around.

It seems to be a combination of being unrealistic about how much money WWE makes and how much it pays to work the indies. WWE isn't losing money to begin with and NJPW isn't looking to sign every random ex-WWE guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't think there's actually that much room on the indies for people to do what Cody Rhodes is doing. People seem to just make stuff up how much money is being thrown around.

It seems to be a combination of being unrealistic about how much money WWE makes and how much it pays to work the indies. WWE isn't losing money to begin with and NJPW isn't looking to sign every random ex-WWE guy.

I agree that there's not that much money out there to spread around. Unless you're amazing at marketing yourself, it's going to be tough. However, money doesn't drive everyone - might not drive lil Neville either. Sometimes folks just wanna wrassle.

For the millennial audience here who may not get the reference btw:

91oiPn2MULL._SY679_.jpg

This drink ruled/rules

Mahonay

Banned

Neville is literally 5 times the talent of Cody Rhodes and would draw more indie fans. There will be money for him.

Neville is not a random ex-WWE guy. I'd be really shocked if Gedo isn't already thinking about what he could maybe do with Neville in NJPW. Not to mention that Neville already has history working with them.

Tom don't tease me with the prospect of Neville in AAW

It's not right

You can't just put the idea of Neville vs Fenix, Neville vs Keith Lee, Neville vs Shane Strickland out there like that

Angry Grimace

Neville is literally 5 times the talent of Cody Rhodes and would draw more indie fans. There will be money for him.

Neville is not a random ex-WWE guy. I'd be really shocked if Gedo isn't already thinking about what he could maybe do with Neville in NJPW. Not to mention that Neville already has history working with them.
I don't think he has five times the talent of Cody Rhodes at marketing himself because Cody Rhodes is legitimately a genius at marketing himself.

What Cody has done is unprecedented, people just assume it's what the indies are like because they aren't giving him credit for his business acumen. Meltzer has mentioned that when Drew Galloway got himself over on the indies it was because he was taking bookings for peanuts.

Foggy

Neville has an indie friendly style, left the company with his rep intact, and he has established fanbases in the US, UK, and Japan. Of all the guys that could leave, he's in one of the better spots.

Pikma

Banned
Why does this imagined take make you so angry?

Like some of you guys get really angry about anything that you perceive to be negative in any way about NJPW it's kind of disturbing.

Angry you say?

This thread is becoming unreadable. It's just people making up shit because they like the idea of everyone they like going to NJPW. It's not just Neville it's been going on daily for months.

No, Finn Balor isn't going to NJPW because he has to play along with a dumb Bray Wyatt promo. No, Cesaro isn't leaving because they won't give him the world title. Stop working yourselves into shoots.
Why does this imagined takes make you so angry?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bo Dallas did the most with the NXT title, this is true.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't think he has five times the talent of Cody Rhodes at marketing himself because Cody Rhodes is legitimately a genius at marketing himself.

What Cody has done is unprecedented, people just assume it's what the indies are like because they aren't giving him credit for his business acumen. Meltzer has mentioned that when Drew Galloway got himself over on the indies it was because he was taking bookings for peanuts.
I'm not doubting Cody's skill as a self promoter and business man. He's obviously good at it, and WWE talent that are looking to leave have been reaching out to him for advice.

Neville's talent speaks for it's self. It's not some secret. Literally everyone in the wrestling world knows how amazing he is. If he can be at least half competent at getting himself booked and paid, he will do very well in his non-WWE venture.

Knockouts title match at BFG now a triple threat

@IMPACTWRESTLING
Update: @IAmTarynTerrell & #IMPACT are mutually parting ways. Taryn would like to pursue other career options and she has our full support. We wish Taryn well in whatever she does next.

Top Bottom