• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Co-Founder and Rift Creator Palmer Luckey Departs Facebook

Ug, people and their hate over lies they read online. Know the whole story by living their life before you judge character. People are put in predicaments all the time. You think having tons of money doesn't come with set ups and blood suckers?

Sympathy for the rich racist white man? All lies because GafNeo says so despite having evidence otherwise? Does it ever occur to you there's a reason he's regarded as a shit heel? Perhaps consider who you're defending and how it makes you look.

inner-G

Banned
colin1.png

https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/847553186005000192

He doesn't think Mega Man 2 is the best NES entry - that tells you what kind of a person he really is.

Sympathy for the rich racist white man? All lies because GafNeo says so despite having evidence otherwise? Does it ever occur to you there's a reason he's regarded as a shit heel? Perhaps consider who you're defending and how it makes you look.

It's gafneo, this is like his schtick.

So because he's so privileged you're not allowed to even report his hate speech?

This is literally fascism. Don't criticize the whites, they're better than you.

Fuck. That.

edit: nice twitter handle too. No taxation has long been a coded whites-only term to express anti-welfare which disproportionately impacts PoC. Can't make this shit up. Drumpt seriously emboldened these assholes.

ooorrrrrrr he's just saying that Palmer doesnt care because he's counting his money. Not everything is a big political statement. EDIT: BTW, I can't stand Colin.

I don't have a dying website but I am employed.

Do I also get to mock the rich pile of shit?

Occulus performing really poorly has more to do with this than any of Palmer's weird actions. So this is really just a free market adjustment.

a916

ooorrrrrrr he's just saying that Palmer doesnt care because he's counting his money. Not everything is a big political statement. EDIT: BTW, I can't stand Colin.

I'm pretty sure it's this lol. But I guess if you hate Colin make it a big deal lol...

MrS

Banned
He is right about most of you. I don't know why you let yourselves get so worked up about him when he clearly thinks so little of you. At this point, your rants only serve to feed his ego while he rakes in money hand over fist.

Tagyhag

He is right about most of you. I don't know why you let yourselves get so worked up about him when he clearly thinks so little of you.

True, that said, Mike15 reminds me of him

tumblr_inline_nhq3xeCmYn1ruaykv.jpg

Probably got super excited when Colin responded to him.

nynt9

He is right about most of you. I don't know why you let yourselves get so worked up about him when he clearly thinks so little of you. At this point, your rants only serve to feed his ego while he rakes in money hand over fist.

Hey, according to KiA we were among those who got him fired from KFG, and since he's courting that crowd now, clearly we actually matter to him.

He was a prominent member of the gaming community till like a week ago. Saying that GAF "always be obsessed with me" is pretty big headed and will be observable in 2/3 years.

MUnited83

For you.
Ug, people and their hate over lies they read online. Know the whole story by living their life before you judge character. People are put in predicaments all the time. You think having tons of money doesn't come with set ups and blood suckers?

I think you have a world record on shitposts. There doesn't seem to be one single post of yours that isn't some kind of diahrrea.

Hey I'm not the one who threw my credibility any my career away by making terrible jokes about women and going on Glen Beck.

hawk2025

Yes, it's easy to get hundreds of replies in GAF for being a shit on twitter.

TimDog got even more.

Congrats, I suppose? He can get people to call him a shitbag for playing the part of a shitbag?

He plays the victim to make money -- everyone knows this. It's not my job to defend his marks' bank accounts.

BTA

Good riddance. This shouldn't have taken nearly as long as it did.

EDIT: Aaaaand of course Colin's trying to defend him, of course.

Alucrid

Banned

lol. yet he still bothers to read this forum. hmmm. he clearly thinks a lot of us.

big news coming from you
I'm not running out and buying a Rift, but if have kept mine if Oculus had dropped Palmer when this shut broke. I waited for that Friday night press release hoping they'd get rid of him, but they didn't. We shall see if I buy any new Gear VR stuff.

I'm getting weird white artifacts all over Gear VR on my S7 edge, so I'm leaning towards no right now.

UrbanRats

Stupid of them to wait this long.
They could have avoided a lot of bad press and still ended up with Palmer out of thw way.

I wonder if there was some contract obligation that expired just now.

rocK`

Banned
The amount of vitriol and hatred in this thread is disturbing. All of you who have said, "good fuck him" are no better than the person you are all hating.

This is, another great example of how immature gamers are, neogaf as a community.

I'm surprised the mods have let this rampant barbarianism stand.

I don't care for Palmer, his views are different to mine, but I'm not childish enough to perpetuate the hate.

Really, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

The amount of vitriol and hatred in this thread is disturbing. All of you who have said, "good fuck him" are no better than the person you are all hating.

This is, another great example of how immature gamers are, neogaf as a community.

I'm surprised the mods have let this rampant barbarianism stand.

I don't care for Palmer, his views are different to mine, but I'm not childish enough to perpetuate the hate.

Really, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Ok

Top Bottom