• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

Gorlak

Banned
Of course I just wanted to AIFOM scum with my last post yesterday, but I guess everyone knew that. I still stand by my theory that "Targets" is a redirecting ability.

I think I fucked up big time for town this game.

How many are left?

-starsketch
-fep
-darryl
-crimson
-feakinchair
=13

let's assume 4 scum, if the gods are neutral we have

7:2:4

not mylo yet

Sophia

I owe everyone an explanation and an apology for the previous day phase.

During Day 2, I pretty much had a migraine for the entire duration of it. Unfortunately, combined with the ten post limit, this made posting rather difficult and I ended up getting more and more increasingly frustrated by the fact that I couldn't simply go back and just go "waitasecond!" to whatever may have been discovered by myself or others. During which I made a number of mistakes, including un-voting and basically ragequitting the day, that were partially responsible for Darryl being lynched.

Therefore, I wish to say I'm sorry for the problems that were caused. Especially to Darryl too, who is no doubt reading this.

I know I can't confirm my role unless someone gets a notification. If you desire to lynch me for this as confirmation, I will understand, although I advise against it because it would be taking out another townie.

I do wish to address one thing tho that EzekelRAGE brought up at the end of the day.

Also from her post it seemed like Sophia was under the impression she would get to vote twice? That is wrong isnt it? From the way I understood it, if the 7 votes get locked in on a majority. They can't vote again. Am I wrong?

I misunderstood how the double lynch would work. I do not have any additional powers beyond what I told everyone in Day 2.

Again, I apologize for this. Hopefully, we can work together today to find a scum player. The dictates today are very forgiving, so let us make the best of it.

i got a no result after viewing *splinter (my guess was you were too town after yesterday) and a good candidate for activity.

Anyone received the inuition yet?

Gorlak

Banned
I'm sure Lone_Prodigy and Sophia are scum.

Swamped maybe too.

I don't know about Splinter. He was 100% right this game, he could be scum knowing we chased dead leads or a rad townie. I'd look into him later.

L_P has to go.

Of course I just wanted to AIFOM scum with my last post yesterday, but I guess everyone knew that. I still stand by my theory that "Targets" is a redirecting ability.

I think I fucked up big time for town this game.

How many are left?

-starsketch
-fep
-darryl
-crimson
-feakinchair
=13

let's assume 4 scum, if the gods are neutral we have

7:2:4

not mylo yet

Well being at mylo largely depends on why 2 people died last night. Because if we lynch today and 2 people die at night again then we lose.

If Sophia was actually gold cursed and all night actions were redirected to her due to the moving LR, then wouldn't her passive have prevented a ton of night actions from happening last night?

Gorlak

Banned
Well being at mylo largely depends on why 2 people died last night. Because if we lynch today and 2 people die at night again then we lose.

The second kill is because I choose to send a pm with the content "Martyrize: Lone_Prodigy" ... as I said scum must be able to redirect.

LP was the obvious target, we only lynched townies and he was the next on the list. There was no resistance to the lynch (with the exception of splinter).

Splinter who did you refer to in your last post? "some don't talk about lp"

Sophia

Posting things from my notes real fast that I took during the night phase.

Shared votes on Darryl on both days:
Gorlak on Day 1 (#103 but jumped off at #160)
Gorlak on Day 2 (#587)
Giant Panda on day 1 (#261 but jumped off at #468
Giant Panda on day 2 (#539 but jumped off at #585)

Shared votes on Flatearthpandas on both days:
EzekelRAGE on Day 1 (#418 but jumped off at #445)
EzekelRAGE on Day 2 (#596)
*Splinter on Day 1 (#387 but jumped off at #437)
*Splinter on Day 2 (#505 but jumped off at #623)

Commands claimed to be given to Zippedpinhead for obedience:
Kill - #532
Protect - #532 - Soft-claimed by CrimsonFist, confirmed in his death.
Holy Ward - #532 - Claimed by Gorlak
Absorb - #544
Target - #544 - Mistyped as "Tracks" originally, clarified in #550
Invite - #574 - Claimed by Darryl
View - #574 - Claimed by Zippedpinhead

Discarded theories and reads:
"Darryl is the town God, and the Dreamweaver command invites two players into a private chat with each other."
-Accurate about the Dreamweaver command, but discarded because Darryl flipped town.

"Scum team: Flatearthpandas, Seath, two unknowns."
-Unsure about Seath, but Flatearthpands flipped town

"Seath is the scum God, powers unknown."
-Theory discarded because Darryl flipped town; May or may still not be a God...?

"Day 3 Edicts guess: Something to do with locking in votes (Scum God), and something to do with double voting (Town God)"
-Neither edict was correct.

Current theories and reads:
CrimsonFist is the owner of the Protect command - Confirmed
CrimsonFist will die in the night. - Confirmed, he died during the night.
Seath is a God, alignment and powers unknown
*Splinter is scum because he voted for FEP twice and has vouched for my towniness.
Current scum team guess: *Splinter
When a God is lynched, it will result in a no-lynch for them. Maybe a flip.

Gorlak

Banned
If Sophia was actually gold cursed and all night actions were redirected to her due to the moving LR, then wouldn't her passive have prevented a ton of night actions from happening last night?

Stop distracting. LR is so yesterday, that was all talked about yesterday, when you didn't even think of participating.

Who do you think is scum?

No the LR moved all actions onto himself, so no one actually targetted Sophia that night and thus no one got gold cursed.

Thinking about the inuition dictate.

Essentially 1 person is going to make a case that himself and another person are town, right?

Anyone want to take a stab?

Sophia

Swamped, I'm not quite sure what Sophia is playing at, but I have some wild theory I'd like to go into tomorrow (if I get the chance). Also I dont think a Sophia lynch is happening anyway, so who else are you willing to vote for today?

I wish to hear this theory of yours, even if it's no longer relevant.

i got a no result after viewing *splinter (my guess was you were too town after yesterday) and a good candidate for activity.

Anyone received the inuition yet?

Can you clarify if got another command from above to use your power? I thought you got your answers from who ever you obeyed?

Kyanrute

No Intuition here. Did anyone get a message / request / order from the gods like Zipped claims have received yesterday?

I didn't get anything.

My top scum suspects are Splinter and Seath.

Seath had the last vote on Gorlak yesterday and then disappeared.

Splinter posts right when the day starts and then disappears back to scum chat.

Gorlak

Banned
p3Sb87W.png

I'm shit at scumhunting. Personally I'd colour feng as green as well.

That whole clusterfuck between Darryl, FEP and me was just town screwing themselves over. Scum could lean back and watch from the background...

So it seems like Darryl didn't know how his power worked? Because he wouldve been able to prove it this day phase, instead of it being delayed like he said.

I didn't receive anything like Zipped did last night.

4d5303fcf444ce89add4c2f5dc9b2efb.png

Sophia

So it seems like Darryl didn't know how his power worked? Because he wouldve been able to prove it this day phase, instead of it being delayed like he said.

He knew how his power worked. If Swamped and OceanicAir didn't get a private chat during the night phase, then that means he didn't have a chance to properly use his power (and also confirms what Feng said about the lightning rod redirecting everything...)

Gorlak

Banned
Sophia why did you unvote in your last post? You refused to take responsibility yesterday when town needed it most. What were you thinking?

And could you please explain the "breadcrumb" in your self-written story?

Still thinking about yesterday, something bothers me about how it went down (not accusing anybody... yet) but Zipped gets told from above to examine Sophia.

1) How did whoever did this know that Zipped had a power? Even if we was aligned with mafia that would mean that the mafia god is in their chat.

2) Why Sophia?

3) Why no request for obedience today?

I think that a god (Peripseros) might have some knowledge of our PRs. Maybe they wanted Zipped to get roleblocked by Sophia but they got lucky with the LR? Still not a fan of the open display of PRs because I still don't know how that helped town in any way but I digress.

Also, just wondering did everybody sleep well last night? Because I had a dream.

Ezekel, what do you think of Seath today?
Could be worth a lynch. CF was on him at the end of ystrday. That could be why CF was killed. Although CF couldve been killed to make it look like Seath as well. I've always believed something else was up with him.

He knew how his power worked. If Swamped and OceanicAir didn't get a private chat during the night phase, then that means he didn't have a chance to properly use his power (and also confirms what Feng said about the lightning rod redirecting everything...)

I coudlve swore I remember him saying something about it being delayed?

Kyanrute

So gorlak, you claim that the second kill was you but redirected by one of the commands? You were against shooting anyone with your shot yesterday and even presented an idea why you should not use it. Yet you did the opposite and now it seems like everything you thought would happen, happened. Am I getting this right?

Also, wtf are Persi and the scum planning for this night phase? What is the purpose of making night actions unwatchable?

So with Zips action on Splinter we know he isn't a god and didn't do any actions last night.

Do we believe Gorlak about his kill last night?

Sophia

Sophia why did you unvote in your last post? You refused to take responsibility yesterday when town needed it most. What were you thinking?

And could you please explain the "breadcrumb" in your self-written story?

Because I was frustrated, and I made a mistake. Which is why I apologized for it.

So the character in the story is greedy and foolish, right? Greed and foolishiness were mentioned in my role as flavor text.

He met the God in the desert, who cursed him to turn anything he touches to gold.

He no longer prayed, because of meeting a God.

He never drank anymore, because touching the alcohol or the cup would turn it to gold.

He stayed away from people, because anyone he touched would turn to gold.

His odd work? Turning things to gold and selling them for profit.

I coudlve swore I remember him saying something about it being delayed?

Yup, it's in his flip. He invites people on one night, and the following night they get a private chat.

Once per night phase you may send us the command Invite: <Player A> and <Player B>. The following night phase those players will have a private chat. They will be told of each other's role names, but not their alignment or their identity. You can not choose yourself. If you choose only one player or the same player twice, that player will not have access to a chat. You will not be attending the chat with your chosen dreamers.

Gorlak

Banned
Darryl said his power is belated. It's impossible (for me right now) to read from his flip if the persons would get notified of their invite when it is sent out or only the following night when they could actually talk to each other. This seems like a distracting topic right now.

I want everyone to write down their opinion on lp. thank you all

So gorlak, you claim that the second kill was you but redirected by one of the commands? You were against shooting anyone with your shot yesterday and even presented an idea why you should not use it. Yet you did the opposite and now it seems like everything you thought would happen, happened. Am I getting this right?

I was entertaining the idea that he actually targeted CF or Freak and just doesn't want to fess up to it.

Gorlak

Banned

Yes. I'm bad at keeping a pokerface. Scum read me like a book.

Gorlak

Banned
I'm skeptical of their being yet another redirect role, to be honest. Unless Feng is lying about the nature of his redirect....?

How can you still doubt the existance of a LR? If anyone else was forced to target someone per PM yesterday they would've come forward by now.

This is a really scummy post.

What else would the command "Targets" do?

But seriously, I had a dream last night detailing how gods can be removed the game.

Although I'm 99% sure that the instructions could have been given to mafia too, it consists of a spell that will banish a god. Downsides are that 1) It's a 3 part spell, 2) there are two different versions and 3) If used wrong it will kill the user

Sophia

How can you still doubt the existance of a LR? If anyone else was forced to target someone per PM yesterday they would've come forward by now.

This is a really scummy post.

What else would the command "Targets" do?

Also, just wondering did everybody sleep well last night? Because I had a dream.

I was actually going to write up a different reply here, but then I noticed this post from OceanicAir.

OA, are you saying you did have a private chat?

Darryl said his power is belated. It's impossible (for me right now) to read from his flip if the persons would get notified of their invite when it is sent out or only the following night when they could actually talk to each other. This seems like a distracting topic right now.

I want everyone to write down their opinion on lp. thank you all

How would discussing Darryl(a confirmed townie) and his power be distracting?

Also yesterday, how would the kill have proved your role or w/e?

and back to your last post of the day

Let's finish this day with my next allaround suspicious move:

I won't vig-shot anyone tonight. So I can't confirm myself tomorrow, sorry. I fear "targets" may be a redirecting ability scum can use. It is the only one that has an "s" attached to it and school taught me that verbs in this form are used in sentences like this:

Player1 targets Player2

Every other command should be something like:
Holy Ward: Gorlak.

So I'm not falling for this one, scum.

---
also... this post restriction -.-

Did you mean that Holy Ward would be the only action Zip or any other gift reciver/command viewer woudl see for you?

Sophia

Also, Gorlak, I didn't say I doubted the existence of the Lightning Rod, just merely doubted the existence of your own claim that it was redirected. Hence yet another redirect. Please pay attention instead of trying to jump over me.

Gorlak

Banned
Also, Gorlak, I didn't say I doubted the existence of the Lightning Rod, just merely doubted the existence of your own claim that it was redirected. Hence yet another redirect. Please pay attention instead of trying to jump over me.

You try to shift discussion to either "feng is lying" or "gorlak is lying".

*Splinter

Splinter posts right when the day starts and then disappears back to scum chat.
Lol, LP pls.

To be honest I don't know what to say. Yesterday I was a mess of theories and gambits (fun fact: I thought Darryl was scum), now I'm lost.

If Gorlak is scum I'm gonna cry.

LP is scum, that's the only solid lead I have left.

Assuming LP is scum, there would be scum votes on FEP/Darryl. Most of my top town were on Darryl, so first I'm interested in the FEP voters.

The case on FEP yesterday seemed solid, the only twinge of doubt I had was when he claimed his action was between the dictates being announced and day start. This made a lot of sense, explains why the day start is laid out that way, and I regret not speaking up then. I figured he was either truthful and neutral or just had a well constructed claim. (Also how can a heretic be a follower of Komena Flush pls)

But seriously, I had a dream last night detailing how gods can be removed the game.

Although I'm 99% sure that the instructions could have been given to mafia too, it consists of a spell that will banish a god. Downsides are that 1) It's a 3 part spell, 2) there are two different versions and 3) If used wrong it will kill the user

1) 3 part as in it takes more than one day/night phase?
2) Do you have to guess the right versions or is one for Persi and the other for Kome?
3) Could anyone use it or do you have to get the dream like you?

Swamped

Banned
Neogaf is still acting up for me, so I have to post from my phone which is less than ideal...

First off, even though there were two deaths tonight and two on D2, we could be in a fairly good position today. We should have two confirmed townies. Plus, some people who are very likely to be town such as Feng.

I wish to hear this theory of yours, even if it's no longer relevant.

I have an inkling, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Swamped, Zipped did your opinion change on lp?

Yesterday I voted LP because I believed Darryl's roleclaim and thought there was a decent chance he was low-lying scum. Would vote again today, but I also want to look at some other leads.

Could be worth a lynch. CF was on him at the end of ystrday. That could be why CF was killed. Although CF couldve been killed to make it look like Seath as well. I've always believed something else was up with him.

This is the definition of WIFOM lol

So with Zips action on Splinter we know he isn't a god and didn't do any actions last night.

Do we believe Gorlak about his kill last night?

No, Zipped should clarify but I believe it means that no actions were performed ON Splinter.

I'm leaning towards believing Gorlak. He's pushing pretty hard for LP right off the bat, his supposed vig target. There's no way they are both scum at any rate. Willing to hear more opinions though.

1) 3 part as in it takes more than one day/night phase?
2) Do you have to guess the right versions or is one for Persi and the other for Kome?
3) Could anyone use it or do you have to get the dream like you?

1) I'm guessing it'll take more than one night phase, also I doubt I'll get the dream again
2) It can be used for either god
3) anybody can use it

Gorlak

Banned
How would discussing Darryl(a confirmed townie) and his power be distracting?

It wasn't clear how his power worked (at least to me). And I'm still unsure if we could've verified him today or tomorrow. And all of this doesn't mean shit because Darryl is gone. That's why it's a distraction.

Also yesterday, how would the kill have proved your role or w/e?

Nobody but me would've claimed the second kill (I'm assuming we don't a SK and scum can't double kill). In any other case it would be a simple 1-1 trade-off.

Did you mean that Holy Ward would be the only action Zip or any other gift reciver/command viewer woudl see for you?

That was the command anyone would've seen Night 1 from me. Night 2 they would see Martyrize: lp.

Sophia

You try to shift discussion to either "feng is lying" or "gorlak is lying".

Theorizing is hardly shifting discussion, Gorlak. And at any rate, OceanicAir re-confirmed that the lightning rod is real, so there's no doubt now.

I have an inkling, but I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Yeah, I wish to hear it from him anyhow. He voted for Flatearthpandas both days, and jumped off the votes both time, and since he did bring it up...

If nothing else, it's totally irrelevant and we can move past it. But we need to hear it first.

Gorlak

Banned
Theorizing is hardly shifting discussion, Gorlak. And at any rate, OceanicAir re-confirmed that the lightning rod is real, so there's no doubt now.

Don't try to weasel yourself out of this one.

You also missed to explain "targets" which definitely involves two parties just from the way it's spelled.

Top Bottom