• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 NBA Playoff Thread of Shaq forces trade to the Cavs, keeps streak alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Penny said:
Boston might not have KG but TUPAC showed up last night!!!

tpac.jpg
:lol :lol :lol wasn't he supposed to come back 7 years after his death with that whole conspiracy? last i heard he was sipping margaritas somewhere in the caribbean.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
viakado said:
:lol :lol :lol wasn't he supposed to come back 7 years after his death with that whole conspiracy? last i heard he was sipping margaritas somewhere in the caribbean.
Last I heard he was Antoine Walking it in Boston.

K.Jack said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, so then you'll go on record and pick them to beat the Cavs? Ban bet if they both make the ECF?

Red Blaster, I'll remember this name.

Sure okay, I'll say Magic in 7 if they make it to the ECF (not a guarantee even if KG is out, Rashard LewRich and Turkeyglue need to be awesome). Purely comes down to matchups. Sideshow Bob and Big Z aren't gonna want anymore of Dwight Howard after 2 games, BronBron's ease of attacking the rim being lessened, and Rafer Alston for whatever reason loves to play well against the Cavs.

aznpxdd

I actually typed out some commentary for each series, but meh, I don't think anyone reads this shit anyways. So I'll just keep it simple.

Lakers in 5
Nuggets in 6
Rockets in 6
Mavs in 7

Cavs in 4
Magic in 5
Heat in 7
Celtics in 6

The Crimson Blur said:
L.A. Lakers vs. Utah - 5
Denver vs. New Orleans - 6
San Antonio vs. Dallas - 6
Portland vs. Houston - 7

Cleveland
vs. Detroit - 4
Boston vs. Chicago - 5
Orlando vs. Philadelphia - 4
Atlanta vs. Miami -7

That looks about right. Except I think Houston has a strong chance of actually beating Portland.

Doomsayer

L.A. Lakers vs. Utah - 5 - I hope and believe we can sweep them, but I think they get one home win against us
Denver vs. New Orleans - 6 - Good match up!
San Antonio vs. Dallas - 7 - Both teams are really inconsistent but I think the Spurs come out with a win in the end
Portland vs. Houston - 7 - Really hard series to call, I think this is going to the most competitive of all the series the West has to offer. I have to go with Houston on this one though.

Cleveland vs. Detroit - 4 - Sorry Sheed.
Boston vs. Chicago - 6 - Lack of depth for the Celtics will hold them back from putting them away quickly
Orlando vs. Philadelphia - 5 - Just a big talent difference
Atlanta vs. Miami - 7 - another tough series to call, the teams are pretty much even. I think Wade carries the Heat (duh) to a 3rd and 4th victory, but gets too gassed for the 2nd round.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
KG may miss the entire playoffs with that knee. Wasnt it a 2-3 week thing when it happened :lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
aznpxdd said:
Why so serious? Did your team also suffer a major injury or somethi...OH.
Why does Bynum look like he's been covered in a sheet of man-juice in your avatar?

aznpxdd said:
Why so serious? Did your team also suffer a major injury or somethi...OH.

silenthilgif.gif

You're intent on gathering all sorts of bad karma aren't you?

reilo said:
Why does Bynum look like he's been covered in a sheet of man-juice in your avatar?

It actually looks like a tin lunch box to me.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
reilo said:
The Rose Garden was so insane last night. I honestly think that the roof might tear itself in two once tipoff happens on Saturday due to the amount of fan noise.

It was crazy. Especially any time Rudy did something.

The wave was a little embarrassing though :p

The KG injury really fucks with my playoff picks. I can see them losing in the 1st round or going all the way to the ECF...and then the stupid Celts treat it like its some fucking state secret... why haven't they just said what is wrong with him?

Bill Simmons pointed out in his podcast that KG's extension hasn't even kicked in yet :lol Celts are gonna end up with a Shaq/Heat situation.

Rodeo Clown said:
Hawks took the season series 3-1. Marvin Williams is back. They have home court. Hawks in 6.

Right, way to do your research. One game was a matchup of scrubs and in another neither team was at full health. So it's even.

and holy shit at tupac!! :lol

also, if cleveland didn't have the top record this year we'd already be saying how once again, they get a smooth ride to the finals with KG out! (if it got to that situation)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ph33nix said:
Right, way to do your research. One game was a matchup of scrubs and in another neither team was at full health. So it's even.
I'm aware of Tuesday night's game, but what other game should be discounted to prove your point? It would be 2-1 Hawks, still, including a win in Miami.

Rodeo Clown said:
I'm aware of the last night's game, but what other game should be discounted to prove your point? It would be 2-1 Hawks, still, including a win in Miami.

We didn't have B-Easy for the majority of another game where both teams were banged up.

I didn't even count the regular season matchups when I considered my pick. This series gets decided on how much Beasley plays and how much Jermanita doesn't (or unless Jermaine decides to show up) When Beascheese is out there we're much deadlier but if Spoelstra is going to be a douche and give "veterans minutes" this series belongs to Atlanta.

I mean what the fuck. When he was starting he was averaging K-State numbers, how the
fuck does a player like that average 24 minutes a game?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ph33nix said:
We didn't have B-Easy for the majority of another game where both teams were banged up.
A game the Heat won. So the Hawks really swept the season series?

I didn't even count the regular season matchups when I considered my pick. This series gets decided on how much Beasley plays and how much Jermanita doesn't (or unless Jermaine decides to show up) When Beascheese is out there we're much deadlier but if Spoelstra is going to be a douche and give "veterans minutes" this series belongs to Atlanta.
You can't weigh it too much, particularly early season matchups, but it can't be totally ignored. I just think the Hawks win because they have a lot more talent. Wade will put up monster numbers, but I don't trust anyone outside him on the Heat to be consistent.

Kak.efes said:
Has anyone created a pick 'n roll league yet?
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2009/picknroll/login.jsp
Group name: NeoGAF
Password: wolvesin5

ph33nix said:

and holy shit at tupac!! :lol

also, if cleveland didn't have the top record this year we'd already be saying how once again, they get a smooth ride to the finals with KG out! (if it got to that situation)

Again, why? This only effects there ECF matchup, and if they get Orlando I wouldn't say it's an easy road. It's not like two years ago where they had a beat up Wiz and a crap jersey team in the first two rounds.

Meier

Huge come from behind victory for me in the GAF League 3 championship. Was down 7 or 8-1 for the first week or so then came roaring back to win 5-4.

diddlyD said:
with the way the magic closed the season, i'm calling philly in 3 :lol

eh, it took philly overtime to beat a Cavs team that didn't play the first 8 players in their rotation for more than 30 minutes total. They're not that good either.

The Mavs are a very tough matchup, but so are all the west teams, so it wouldn't have made much difference if the Spurs got NO or Utah. The Spurs can take on any of them, even without Manu, so I hope they don't have many mental lapses that could cause unnecessary losses.

L.A. Lakers vs. Utah - 5
Denver vs. New Orleans - 6
San Antonio vs. Dallas - 6
Portland vs. Houston - 7

Cleveland vs. Detroit - 4
Boston vs. Chicago - 5
Orlando vs. Philadelphia - 5
Atlanta vs. Miami - 7

So excited ;)

thekad

Banned
What's your prediction on the Blazers/Rockets series, reilo?

NO isn't going to win, period. They'll be lucky if they don't get swept.

AirBrian

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
The Mavs are a very tough matchup, but so are all the west teams, so it wouldn't have made much difference if the Spurs got NO or Utah. The Spurs can take on any of them, even without Manu, so I hope they don't have many mental lapses that could cause unnecessary losses.
To be honest, for some reason the Mavs bring their A game when playing the Spurs. And they match up really well. I think the Mavs are the worst possible matchup you could've gotten over NO or Utah.

With Garnett staying down it hurts my prediction of the Cavs flaming out in the ECF. But I'll still stick with it, I just have to rely on Orlando to take care of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom