• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLS Thread of First Kick Tuesday, March 15, 9:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

I4o76.jpg

Montreal will certainly raid the talent RSL exposed like Gravaboy and Robbie Russel.

Union left Adu, Nakazawa and Mapp unprotected. (Notables)
Rapids Nyassi Kimura and Folan unprotected.
SKC Sooni Saad and Omar Bravo unprotected.
Chivas left two Generation Addidas graduates exposed. LOL

What the hell, who in Seattle thought it would be a good idea to leave Fucito unprotected?!

Seattle's got a ton of quality depth. You can make a good argument for protecting Fucito, but it does entail leaving a player of the quality of Brad Evans or Erik Friberg exposed.

blurrygil

Seattle's got a ton of quality depth. You can make a good argument for protecting Fucito, but it does entail leaving a player of the quality of Brad Evans or Erik Friberg exposed.

F**k Evans. I'd be glad he's gone, tbh.

I don't want my man-crush Riley to leave, though. He's been nearly picked in the past...

Expansion draft at 3 eastern today! Out of respect, I hope they don't take the GA players Chivas left exposed. The GA rules are pretty confusing and the Impact already seem to have a deal in place with Portland.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Expansion draft at 3 eastern today! Out of respect, I hope they don't take the GA players Chivas left exposed. The GA rules are pretty confusing and the Impact already seem to have a deal in place with Portland.

It's the goats fault if they exposed Valentin if he hadn't graduated from the program.

I feel pity for them though, it's a strange feeling. If the Impact show them mercy, maybe, just maybe Chivas will change their ways as an organization. Or they just left them exposed because they weren't Mexican or from Southern Cal.

shoplifter

I don't think we knew if Duka or Tchani were graduating until Sunday. At least that's the vibe I was getting from comments from our Front Office. One would assume that there would be a league-wide notice of players who were graduating sent out before the lists needed to be provided, but MLS.

Can someone provide a list of MLS teams that are going on tour and their schedules, i will like to see MLS teams face off against Asian, European and South American clubs. I think Galaxy is going to Asia i might be wrong, much appreciated for any help.

Thye gonna get some goods from Houston for Ching.

Nyassi has the ability to get fouled by defenders and "earn" set pieces for his team. The strategy for half of the MLS.

Azuran

Banned
You gotta laugh at Chivas. They just lost Velentin, Mayen, and Braun for Riley. Are they trying to be completely inept or something?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Official: NBC Sports has hired Arlo White as lead play-by-play guy for MLS/US broadcasts starting in 2012.

Does that mean he won't work with Seattle anymore?

hom3land

Has there been any whispers of a matchday live app for the 360? With their history of sponsorship, i'd hope one comes for next season.

Union picked up Martinez finally. Another young striker to add to the list.
They tried to nab him last year but Samprissa wanted 1mil.

josue.jpg

The stable of young attacking talent at the Philadelphia Union just added another stud.
The club on Wednesday announced the signing of one of the young, rising stars in Costa Rican soccer as 21-year-old forward Josué Martínez was acquired from Deportivo Saprissa on a transfer.

Martínez joins a forward corps that features 20-year-old Danny Mwanga, 19-year-old Jack McInerney with 27-year-old Sébastien Le Toux proving the elder statesman.
A product of the Saprissa youth system, Martínez has already collected 11 caps with the Costa Rican national team and scored two goals.

One of those tallies came against Bolivia in the 2011 Copa América, where he started two of his country’s three group matches and came off the bench for the other. He also made one appearance at the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup earlier that same summer.
Martínez got on the map with two tallies in Costa Rica’s magical run to fourth place in the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt.
Shortly after that tournament, he scored on his professional debut for Saprissa and has become a fixture for his club, contributing key goals in domestic and international competitions.

Martínez has faced MLS opposition on multiple occasions in the CONCACAF Champions League, most recently falling to Real Salt Lake in the 2010-11 semifinals in April.

You might remember him for nailing the goal vs. Seattlen the 88th n the CCL game in 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIg7i_qmx50

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Next week or so should see the last of the opposition to the Earthquakes stadium. Then it will start happenin'. Congratulations Quakes fans.

Meanwhile my team is stuck in stadium limbo just waiting for Baltimore to come steal them.

No roster updates either besides cutting the useless fat.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The more I read about DC United's stadium situation it seems to get dimmer. It's really sad.

The DC city council approved some resolution to try to keep the team but I don't think it really amounts to much. I'd take a temporary home somewhere in the DC metro area rather than let the team move to Baltimore.

I know it's crazy and i've posted it on BS before, but I really hope Beckham rounds up his buddies and purchases the franchise. Seems only a shit load of money, name recognition and backdoor deals can get a permanent solution.

hows everyones teams offseason is go

the Union are on a signing spree it seems
Firt they picked up 23yr old MF Nazir Khalfan in the waiver draft from Vancouver. I'm not to knowledgeable about the guy but here hes speedy.
We gave Mapp up to Montreal which really wasnt a loss. he wasnt terrible but only had a left foot.
Then Nowak went crazy signing players from Central America..

ca-trio-new.jpg

Costa Rican forward Josue Martinez and LB Porfirio Lopez, Panamanian MF/DM Gabriel Gomez.

Only problm is we are at 11 internationals when the limit is 8.

Akim

Banned
Got a late xmas present from my mom

eRVwTl.jpg

I think it looks better in person than online. Too bad it accentuates my gut :(

hows everyones teams offseason is go

the Union are on a signing spree it seems
Firt they picked up 23yr old MF Nazir Khalfan in the waiver draft from Vancouver. I'm not to knowledgeable about the guy but here hes speedy.
We gave Mapp up to Montreal which really wasnt a loss. he wasnt terrible but only had a left foot.
Then Nowak went crazy signing players from Central America..

ca-trio-new.jpg

Costa Rican forward Josue Martinez and LB Porfirio Lopez, Panamanian MF/DM Gabriel Gomez.

Only problm is we are at 11 internationals when the limit is 8.

You know, I'm actually pretty Ok with these signing from Nowak and Co. A dedicated LB should really help solidify the defense. Our midfield is loaded with some good talent and let's hope Mwanga, Le Toux and McInerney can finish up top.

I am so excited for 2012. A diverse pool of talent that hopefully goes deep into the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom