• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official April NBA thread of.... title has been dealt for NY's 2015 first rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff-DSA said:
George has quite the upHill battle for an MVP award. Heck, good luck even making the all-star roster out in the West.

Yeah, I think he will get it in....

Oh, I see what you did there. Funny.

Tom Penny said:
Brenda had a baby is the some benchmark for story telling now? You have to be kidding me. I forgot. Pac was the conscious thug. Now it all makes sense.

If you don't think Brenda is one of the pinnacles of storytelling in Rap, you don't know Rap.

And yeah, Pac was the conscious thug. Thats what made his personality so interesting. He actually rapped with emotion.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Crimson Blur said:
Thats not a shtick.

That kids getting an MVP just you watch. Nic Batum is gonna go down as a worse pick than Greg Oden
Geez, you're O-fer like the Spurs against Portland the past two seasons.
The Crimson Blur said:
If you don't think Brenda is one of the pinnacles of storytelling in Rap, you don't know Rap.
Pac wasn't even a better story teller than Sticky Fingaz nor Big L.

reilo said:
Geez, you're O-fer like the Spurs against Portland the past two seasons.

And yet there is still no other team in the West playoff race I'd rather face.

Funny how that works.

reilo said:
Pac wasn't even a better story teller than Sticky Fingaz nor Big L.

Sticky Fingaz? :lol

Next you will tell me Snow is the best raggae artist of all time. "Nah dawg, Bob Marley couldn't even flow! For real! Its about the lyrics!"

reilo

The Crimson Blur said:
And yet there is still no other team in the West playoff race I'd rather face.

Funny how that works.
I don't blame you. I'd wish for a quick exit if I were a Spurs fan and get into rebuilding, too.
Sticky Fingaz? :lol

Next you will tell me Snow is the best raggae artist of all time.
Better rapper than Pac, too.

diehard

Fleer
Jeff-DSA said:
Infoooooormer, adgiadsgadguadspgoiadsgahsddsafpogihufdsiagodgdsiojfieman, a licky boom boom now.

"You know say daddy me snow me-a (gonna) blame
A licky boom-boom down
'Tective man he say, say Daddy Me Snow me stab someone down the lane
A licky boom-boom down"

I actually think your lyrics make more sense.

Tom Penny said:
He's not even better than Eazy- E . Boyz N the hood > Brenda.

You're not gonna get me to hate on Eazy-E. Boyz N the Hood is great.

reilo said:
I don't blame you. I'd wish for a quick exit if I were a Spurs fan and get into rebuilding, too.

Nah, I'd want to face them because theyre soft.

Brandon Roy, LMA, and Andre Miller are the NBA's version of the Powerpuff Girls.

reilo

The Crimson Blur said:
Nah, I'd want to face them because theyre soft.

Brandon Roy, LMA, and Andre Miller are the NBA's version of the Powerpuff Girls.
If Portland are the Powerpuff Girls, then what the hell does that make the Spurs, who have lost 6 of the last 7 against Portland?

Dig deep!

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
If Portland are the Powerpuff Girls, then what the hell does that make the Spurs, who have lost 6 of the last 7 against Portland?

Dig deep!
Mojo_Jojo.jpg

Jeff-DSA

That pic is older than digital cameras. I'm guessing some intern had to scan that negative and upload it to the Internet at some point.

reilo said:

Daggers happen in the playoffs.

Hey, I understand a Blazer fan wanting to point the regular season. Thats all they'll ever have.

The Powerpuffs are first round fodder. Just like last year. Maybe if they had drafted George Hill MVP or Durant things would be different...but for now, they are

Powerpuff-Girls-cn02.jpg

Soft.

reilo

Old people with Alzheimer's are so incoherently cute sometimes. Always babbling about random stuff and talking about events that happened more than a decade ago.

reilo said:
Old people with Alzheimer's are so incoherently cute sometimes. Always babbling about random stuff and talking about events that happened more than a decade ago.

Well I had to go back a decade to find a time when Portland was relevant.

reilo

The Crimson Blur said:
Well I had to go back a decade to find a time when Portland was relevant.
It's good that you are getting an early start on perpetually living between 2000-2010. I wouldn't want to imagine what nightmares are in store for the Spurs in the upcoming seasons, either.

KingGondo

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
Missing Okur and AK would be like you guys missing Green and Sefalosha. Good luck winning road games under that condition. The other game in OKC is just bitterly tainted and you're a blind moron if you want to think otherwise.

Korver is our best outside threat, and he didn't play in two of those games. His DNP was due to injury, regardless of what the box score reads.

I really don't see how you can claim that all three of those games were representative of where the Jazz have been all year. Oh wait, I can, because you're KingGondo.
Your first two games, the only key player you were missing was Kyle Korver. If you really think Korver would have won you those games, you're as deluded as dIEHARD.

You lost the injury argument, so now you're falling back on blaming the refs like a typical Jazz fan. Look at when we played Utah--November, December, and March. Unfortunately, I don't think the league will allow us to play each other once a week to get a "representative picture," so we'll just have to go by the RESULTS OF THE MOTHERFUCKING GAMES. Seems pretty simple to me.

reilo said:
It's good that you are getting an early start on perpetually living between 2000-2010. I wouldn't want to imagine what nightmares are in store for the Spurs in the upcoming seasons, either.

We'll manage to be better than the Blazers, don't worry. The order of the world isn't changing anytime soon.

We already have better young talent than you guys and we haven't even tanked for the number 1 pick yet. Good luck with that Oden and Batum future though. I am sure LMA will grow some balls in the next decade and lead you kids to a championship. Cause Roy sure as hell isn't good enough to do it. I'd compare him to Kevin Martin but I wouldn't want to disrespect Kevin Martin.

reilo

The Crimson Blur said:
We'll manage to be better than the Blazers, don't worry. The order of the world isn't changing anytime soon.

We already have better young talent than you guys and we haven't even tanked for the number 1 pick yet. Good luck with that Oden and Batum future though. I am sure LMA will grow some balls in the next decade and lead you kids to a championship. Cause Roy sure as hell isn't good enough to do it. I'd compare him to Kevin Martin but I wouldn't want to disrespect Kevin Martin.
zzZzzZzz. Don't make me dig up all your posts praising Roy and the team. You gotta do better than that to bait me. You're not good enough.

Jeff-DSA

Because of Gondo I'm going to cheer slightly louder at the Jazz game tonight than I do on a normal night. I may also even boo slightly louder when Durant goes to the line for arm flailing. I haven't decided yet.

reilo said:
zzZzzZzz. Don't make me dig up all your posts praising Roy and the team. You gotta do better than that to bait me. You're not good enough.

Oh, I am sure I praised him at some point.

I mean, hes good for a Blazer.

Jeff-DSA

KingGondo said:
This avatar fits you better, Aardman was too smart for you. A blonde airhead spreading for the sexually-repressed Utahans, perfect!

I know her, and she's quite smart, actually. But whatever.

And in your avatar I keep thinking I see ET in Elliot's basket. Double take, every time.

Jeff-DSA

aznpxdd said:
Better resize that Avatar Jeff, the height limit is 120, and yours is 150.

Thanks.

I've been trying different ones all day. I think I like this Deron one for now.

Edit: Dang it. I just noticed someone is reaching out to touch his penis...maybe I need to keep looking.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
KingGondo said:
What will you do if the Wolves fall below #2 in the draft?
I expect it. [# of stars] + 1 = draft position

But I'll just stay positive. Kahn keeps talking about how we need a star, and he's going to get the guy he wants this draft, even if the ping pong balls don't go our way.

diehard

Fleer
KingGondo said:
Your first two games, the only key player you were missing was Kyle Korver. If you really think Korver would have won you those games, you're as deluded as dIEHARD.
What are you talking about? How am i deluded?
Jeff-DSA said:
And in your avatar I keep thinking I see ET in Elliot's basket. Double take, every time.
Ah-hah! I'm not the only one!

We allowed to do avatar bets? I'd do one with Gondo... over tonight's game.. higher seeding.. playoffs.. you name it.

KingGondo

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
I expect it. [# of stars] + 1 = draft position

But I'll just stay positive. Kahn keeps talking about how we need a star, and he's going to get the guy he wants this draft, even if the ping pong balls don't go our way.
And even if he's a PG. You won't have to GO small, you'll BE small. Rubio/Flynn/Wall future.

dIEHARD said:
We allowed to do avatar bets? I'd do one with Gondo... over tonight's game.. higher seeding.. playoffs.. you name it.
How about whoever loses the season series has to change their avatar... oh wait.

If the Jazz and Thunder meet in the playoffs, I'll gladly make an avatar bet.

diehard

Fleer
KingGondo said:
How about whoever loses the season series has to change their avatar... oh wait.

If the Jazz and Thunder meet in the playoffs, I'll gladly make an avatar bet.
Won't do one for 1 game huh? Come on... don't wuss out.

I'm rocking the power of the Ostertag.

KingGondo

Banned
dIEHARD said:
Won't do one for 1 game huh? Come on... don't wuss out.

I'm rocking the power of the Ostertag.
I've really wanted a Jedi Bryant Reeves avatar for a while now... But I can't find it anywhere.

I found an avatar for Jeff, though. Look's like Jerry's been hitting the sauce:

Screenshot2010-04-06at35426PM.png

Could they really not just re-take the picture, or was this the best one they got on media day?

jobber said:
Tony Parker is back!

plan the parade!

Yeah, I'm not sure I am happy or sad over this. I feel like he could possibly be coming back earlier than he should be because of the Hill injury. I really don't want him to come back before he is ready again. If he reinjures something now, then its game over.

Apparently Garrett Temple (D-Leaguer) is starting over him though so I doubt he'll get more than 20 min.

Jeff-DSA

That's how Sloan always looks. Always.

Do the avatar bet, Gondo. We don't even have AK tonight, the guy who is by far the most qualified to be defending Durant. We'll have a rookie on him for most the game and someone like CJ Miles or Korver on him the rest of the time.

KingGondo

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
That's how Sloan always looks. Always.

Do the avatar bet, Gondo. We don't even have AK tonight, the guy who is by far the most qualified to be defending Durant. We'll have a rookie on him for most the game and someone like CJ Miles or Korver on him the rest of the time.
Tempted, but I like my current one too much to bet it on one game. Playoff offer still stands though.

linsivvi

I would never get in a pissing contest with Spurs fans given what they've done the last decade and Duncan is still productive. At best you would come up with a draw.

The Jazz, on the other hand..... :lol

Jeff-DSA

linsivvi said:
I would never get in a pissing contest with Spurs fans given what they've done the last decade and Duncan is still productive. At best you would come up with a draw.

The Jazz, on the other hand..... :lol

I think playoffs 19 out of the last 22 years is pretty dang amazing. Not only that, one of those years was missed due to a tiebreaker situation with easily the worst roster in the league. A recent WCF appearance, several playoff series wins, and currently the league's best PG. I think we have plenty to be happy about.

reilo

And it goes like this: The Clippers were defying expectations, at just one game below .500. Baron Davis was in shape. Blake Griffin was healing. Young players like Eric Gordon were getting it. Rasual Butler was playing D. They had won five of six, and those five were against the Celtics, Sixers, Blazers, Lakers and Heat.

The Clippers were up a dozen points, shooting 63% from the field against the Grizzlies in Memphis. Baron Davis was at the free throw line near the end of the third quarter.

They were, compared to almost any other moment in recent Clipper history, on fire, even to the point that the arena's emergency lights started going crazy, and the scoreboard told everyone to evacuate the building.

No kidding!

As it turned out, a water main had broken.

Whoops. There was a 17-minute delay as the plumbers did their work. When play resumed, nothing was the same. During those 17 minutes, somehow that magic scorer's touch transferred from Davis to Memphis big man Marc Gasol, who went crazy. The Clipper lead evaporated quickly, and they lost by two.

On the plane home, the team learned that Blake Griffin would need season-ending surgery.

The Clippers then went on lose their next three and 31 of the next 41. Dunleavy was fired twice -- once as coach, and later as general manager. And the season has generally been revealed to have been the kind of bust sportwriters always thought it would be.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/14764/the-clippers-have-problems-beyond-plumbing

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom