• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official April NBA thread of.... title has been dealt for NY's 2015 first rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

benita

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
I think playoffs 19 out of the last 22 years is pretty dang amazing. Not only that, one of those years was missed due to a tiebreaker situation with easily the worst roster in the league. A recent WCF appearance, several playoff series wins, and currently the league's best PG. I think we have plenty to be happy about.
You fucking kidding me? The Jazz are the most underachieving franchise of the past 30 years.

Seriously the delusion in Utah is worse than when Dan Marino tries to convince everyone he's satisfied with his career.

linsivvi

Jeff-DSA said:
I think playoffs 19 out of the last 22 years is pretty dang amazing. Not only that, one of those years was missed due to a tiebreaker situation with easily the worst roster in the league. A recent WCF appearance, several playoff series wins, and currently the league's best PG. I think we have plenty to be happy about.

Moral victories are for losers.

How about: The best player in Jazz franchise history and one of the best basketball players in human history failed to win a championship in Utah, bailed and joined the Lakers for pocket change for a final season in the hope of finally getting a ring? And what did he do? Got hurt right before the finals.

Jeff-DSA

benita said:
You fucking kidding me? The Jazz are the most underachieving franchise of the past 30 years.

Seriously the delusion in Utah is worse than when Dan Marino tries to convince everyone he's satisfied with his career.

You like Milwaukee, don't you?

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHA

Better to have underachieved than to have neverachieved.

benita

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:

Might want to check your facts.

BTW Marko Jaric > Malone/Stockton/Sloan

Jeff-DSA

benita said:
Might want to check your facts.

We're talking about the last 10 years here. Besides, if you weren't alive to cheer for the team, you can't claim it.

Edit: The only reason I mentioned the playoffs 19/22 years was because two of the missed years came this decade.

Seriously, man. Do I care what your team did in the early '70s? I didn't even mention our Finals appearances.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Jeff-DSA said:

His franchise has a ring.

benita

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
We're talking about the last 10 years here. Besides, if you weren't alive to cheer for the team, you can't claim it.

Edit: The only reason I mentioned the playoffs 19/22 years was because two of the missed years came this decade.

Seriously, man. Do I care what your team did in the early '70s? I didn't even mention our Finals appearances.
Why 10? Oh, so you can try to forget the spectacular fucking failure that was the Stockton/Malone era.

At least Milwaukee got their mail once in the past 40 years.

Jeff-DSA

benita said:
Why 10? Oh, so you can try to forget the spectacular fucking failure that was the Stockton/Malone era.

At least Milwaukee got their mail once in the past 40 years.

Why? Do you still have Genesis vs. Super Nintendo fights with your friends? That's why.

Once Jordan started his run, nobody else in the NBA beat him either.

EDIT: The guy in benita's avatar is more relevant than his team.

benita

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
Why? Do you still have Genesis vs. Super Nintendo fights with your friends? That's why.

Typical Jazz fan response.

1. Stockton and Malone played together for 20 fucking years.

2. They only went to the finals TWICE so what's your excuse for the other 18 years?

Seriously, you're fucking dumb enough to try the bu-bu-but Jordan routine?

linsivvi

Jeff-DSA said:

Except the two years he was playing baseball where Hakeem ruled, including coming back from series deficit against the Jazz. Oh and for all intend and purposes, Jordan retired in 1998.

Jeff-DSA

benita said:

2. They only went to the finals TWICE so what's your excuse for the other 18 years?

How about the fact that after Stockton and Malone the Jazz never had a single quality player out there with them? Hornacek was pretty good, but his knees were shot by the time he got to Utah. Stockton and Malone always took the Jazz far, but they had basically no help. Name a few other Jazz greats from that era. Want me to help?

- Mark Eaton
- Greg Ostertag
- Bryon Russell
- Felton Spencer
- Jeff Hornacek
- Shandon Anderson

Those were like our best players after Stockton and Malone. Awesome! You can't blame those two. You can blame the team for not getting them more help, but lots of guys just simply won't play here. I mean, it's not as dire as living/playing in Milwaukee, but it's not exactly a dream destination for NBA players.

giri

benita said:

Oh good lord, don't feed the troll. If you can't figure out why then sit down, shh, and go watch some legue wide (or just finals) footage from those years.

giri

Rodeo Clown said:
It's the pogs.

With the #1 you still want turner?

The Suns' Grant Hill is among division winners of the 2009-10 NBA Sportsmanship Award. Atlanta's Al Horford, Boston's Ray Allen, Cleveland's Antawn Jamison, Denver's Chauncey Billups and Houston's Luis Scola are the other division winners

Jamison?

Refs probably can't understand what scola is saying either.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like Jamison elbowed him. It was in the face but no clue exactly where but he was bleeding hard.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bloody nose? Man, you assholes made it sound like he died.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
reilo said:
Bloody nose? Man, you assholes made it sound like he died.

Broken noses can be scary. A couple of years ago playing soccer I kneed somebody in the face by accident, broke his nose, was NOT pretty :\

Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune doesn't expect Rudy Fernandez to be back with the Blazers for the 10-11 season, with a trade or a return to Europe a possibility.

“It’s a tough situation for me,” Fernandez confided Monday after the Blazers’ practice session. “I miss my family and my friends. Yesterday was a hard day. My (25th) birthday, and I was by myself.”

“It’s been a tough year for Rudy,” coach Nate McMillan said. “He is without Sergio (now with New York), and his mother was here a little more often (last season). I’m sure that’s tough.”

“I have a contract with Portland,” said Fernandez. “I have to be with this team. But I tell you, sometimes I miss my family and my friends. And I miss the Euro competition, too.”

Fernandez is under contract to Portland for at least two more years at far below market value. This season, he is making $1.165 million, potentially a fifth of what he could command in Europe.

“I’ll focus right now on playing hard the rest of the games and trying to help my teammates,” he said. “This summer, we’ll see.”

If he decides he wants to play for Real Madrid, the Spanish team will have to reach a settlement with Portland

True?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Its true that hes a bad fit, but hes been shooting like shit, no excuses here.

He wont go back to Spain though, he might get traded to another NBA team in the summer

Tom Penny

Spooks said:
i broke my nose once. shit sucked, felt like the bleeding would never stop.

bummer about Bosh though :\

If they get they get the 8th seed are they going to sit Lebron in the 1st round?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I broke a NFL player's nose before..

when we were 9 and he kinda ran into my fist

Kak.efes

Pritchard is Paxson2.0

He should have traded Fernandez when he actually had some value. He's gonna get shit now. I think people here even called this a while ago.

giri

Raging Spaniard said:
Its true that hes a bad fit, but hes been shooting like shit, no excuses here.

He wont go back to Spain though, he might get traded to another NBA team in the summer

Should trade bynum for rudy.

Gigglepoo

Jeff-DSA said:
How about the fact that after Stockton and Malone the Jazz never had a single quality player out there with them? Hornacek was pretty good, but his knees were shot by the time he got to Utah. Stockton and Malone always took the Jazz far, but they had basically no help. Name a few other Jazz greats from that era. Want me to help?

- Mark Eaton
- Greg Ostertag
- Bryon Russell
- Felton Spencer
- Jeff Hornacek
- Shandon Anderson

Those were like our best players after Stockton and Malone. Awesome! You can't blame those two. You can blame the team for not getting them more help, but lots of guys just simply won't play here. I mean, it's not as dire as living/playing in Milwaukee, but it's not exactly a dream destination for NBA players.

Players like Bill Cartright and Steve Kerr have been immortalized because Pippen and Jordan carried them to multiple titles. The Rockets championship team went only 6 deep, with a rookie Sam Cassell coming off the bench. Yeah, teams like the Pistons needed 10 good players because they didn't have any Hall of Famers, but if you have two, any other scrubs should be able to fill out the rest of the roster. The Jazz only made it to two conferences finals because their best players shrank in big games.

diddlyD

Banned
it's really sad, still making excuses every day for your team's failure 13 years later. let it go man!

although i could swear the ball was warped when nick anderson missed those 4 freethrows in '95 :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Jeff-DSA said:

- Mark Eaton
- Greg Ostertag
- Bryon Russell
- Felton Spencer
- Jeff Hornacek
- Shandon Anderson

dont forget

tyrone corbin
Blue Edwards
David Benoit
Eric Leckner
Jeff Malone

we should have been a dynasty

pilonv1

Malleymal said:
dont forget

tyrone corbin
Blue Edwards
David Benoit
Eric Leckner
Jeff Malone

we should have been a dynasty

Remember when Chris Morris came and was meant to be the third piece? Good times.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
according to NBA rules, if you spit your gum out and throw it on the floor, you get a tech.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Who the fuck is Earl Barron and why does he have 13 and 8 against Perkins at the half?
Former Miami Heat C. Perkins is mesmerized by his array of ugly looking jumpers. Interesting to see how Lee plays not that he's back to playing PF.

EDIT: Better question... Why are the Celtics losing when the Knicks are w/o Chandler, McGrady or Al Harrington?

The Frankman said:
Former Miami Heat C. Perkins is mesmerized by his array of ugly looking jumpers. Interesting to see how Lee plays not that he's back to playing PF.

EDIT: Better question... Why are the Celtics losing when the Knicks are w/o Chandler, McGrady or Al Harrington?

Why have the Celtics been blown out 6x in the last 6 weeks? The team is night and day.

giri

The Frankman said:

Because they just aren't that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom