• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer – “Gotham is Mine”

UrbanRats

tumblr_lnn48cVAjO1qdlkgg.gif

New Harley Quinn?

HardRojo

Rating was disclosed this week and now we have a pretty meaty trailer.
Remind me why this game is coming out in June. It's so far away :(

Haven't been paying attention to this game, watched the trailer and pre-ordered immediately. That might be the first time a trailer has ever done that for me.

Kezen

Banned
Yea that's why its random, the scope is different and that's why it's hard to compare, fidelity wise The Order looks better but its scope is limited, so some might be more impressed with a bigger scope kind of game like Batman that also looks awesome and some will be more impressed with higher fidelity like The Order even if it means a more limited scope.

It's a matter of taste since games are so different it's hard to compare directly, better stick to open world vs open world for a better comparison.

I don't think The Order looks better in terms of raw "fidelity", but I need to play more of it.

IMO Batman AK wins everywhere, and I hope we won't have a nasty surprise at release. The Witcher 3 for example looks worse than it did some months ago, I understand corners have to be cut for budgetary reasons but it's still disappointing.

Hopefully nothing of the sort.

I... might need to build a PC for this game
If you are serious one piece of advice : wait. This game is shaping up to be quite the hardware devourer if you have high framerate standards. Sure, aiming for the same level as consoles won't ask for much but maximum settings + 60fps is going to be a devilish combo. I'm not even certain a single 980 will cut it at 1440p.

ShutterMunster

I don't think The Order looks better in terms of raw "fidelity", but I need to play more of it.

IMO Batman AK wins everywhere
, and I hope we won't have a nasty surprise at release. The Witcher 3 for example looks worse than it did some months ago, I understand corners have to be cut for budgetary reasons but it's still disappointing.

Hopefully nothing of the sort.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Just stop

In other news, Batman hasn't merc'd this many cats since Keaton was behind the cowl. Rubber bullets my ass.

sooWoo!

Banned
I don't know if it's my eyes or I'm taking crazy pills, but it seems like the effects were really toned down compared to the last trailer?

Well, they did it again. I felt quite finished with the Arkham games after origins and I think I said the same thing after Arkham City. They keep finding ways to get people excited about the new games, and with good reason.

I can't ever imagine that this game won't be a blast to play. The core combat system of these games is still lots of fun.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If you are serious one piece of advice : wait. This game is shaping up to be quite the hardware devourer if you have high framerate standards. Sure, aiming for the same level as consoles won't ask for much but maximum settings + 60fps is going to be a devilish combo. I'm not even certain a single 980 will cut it at 1440p.

Okay... wait for what, though?

Javin98

Banned
That was an awesome trailer. The visual fidelity is up there with other amazing looking games. But I'm dying to see PS4 footage. I don't think we have even caught a glimpse of it at any events. The E3 2014 demo was confirmed to be PC footage and that looked incredible. I hope the PS4 version is at least close to the PC version (IQ and Nvidia GameWorks aside).

I don't know if it's my eyes or I'm taking crazy pills, but it seems like the effects were really toned down compared to the last trailer?

The rain looks very toned down by comparison, but who knows? There could be a weather system with heavier rain at different parts of the story? Possibly reflecting what is going on.

Either that, or it just really has been scaled back.

Alienous

This looks fantastic.

Part of me is excited that Scarecrow is taking center stage and is the one uniting the other rogues together to kill Batman. Another part of me is very very very afraid that this game will go for some cop out ending where the majority of the game was the result of a fever dream/hallucination caused by Scarecrows fear toxin.

You act as if the revelation that Batman had been beating up innocent men, women and children and blowing up civilian vehicles for the duration of the game wouldn't be the best twist ever.

"I have already won" indeed.

On Demand

Banned
In all honesty though I am a little worried. I don't think the open world design is really beneficial, and this is even more open-worldier than AC. I played the first two games about the same amount of time (basically platinumed both outside of the hardest challenges), and I think the first one is much more memorable overall. Occasionally I remember stuff I liked a ton about AC (the whole museum was fricken great), but it's a little fuzzy to me (especially some of the side quests) and I can't help but think that's because of how open the game is.

But I'll still get this :p

I explored every last detail in AC. There's so many little things they put in there that most of the time i would just walk around taking it in. And this is where Origins failed. The city didn't feel alive. It felt empty compared to City. The art direction just wasn't there. RS is going to make that even better in AK. Read this expanding Gotham bit-

http://abload.de/img/bat5enqyv.jpg

Even though AK will be bigger, it's not going to be big just to be big. It's going to be very dense.

Varjis

Ever since Arkham City I have been waiting to see Rocksteady's trilogy completed. Can't wait for this and I can't wait to see what they do next. Really a great surprise studio that came out of nowhere with Arkham Asylum.

StAidan

I played Arkham Asylum for the first time last February. I guess I'd better get started on Arkham City so I'll be ready for June. Goodness, this game looks great.

There had better be NO JOKER.

And I wish the Origins guy was voice Batman again. Conroy doesn't sound grizzled enough.

If Joker is in it, I'm probably going to skip it. So sick and tired of every Batman game in this series being about the Joker. Origins would have been so much better without him.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Character faces are really awful looking (especially Poison Ivy and commissioner gordon) Batman stupid new batsuit make him look like a robot. Rocksteady artists completely fail again in this.

Rocksteady should outsource character modelling to WB Games Montreal or hire better guys.

Xdrive05

Usually one month before the release date. But you can bet it's going to be demanding.
2tflops 2gb GPU, I5 and 6gb of ram as minimum specs is my estimation.

I have a pretty good system, but just curious if I can max it at 1080p with PhysX.

i7 3770k @ 4.4
16GB DDR3 @ 1600
MSI 980 @ 1500

I know the "requirements" won't answer that, but they might give a hint.

Alienous

I need this game now. It saddens me that this is the last Batman game if I remember correctly.

From Rocksteady. There aint no way that WB is killing a cash cow.

If they give it two years I wouldn't mind seeing WB Montreal attempt a Court of Owls game.

I explored every last detail in AC. There's so many little things they put in there that most of the time i would just walk around taking it in. And this is where Origins failed. The city didn't feel alive. It felt empty compared to City. The art direction just wasn't there. RS is going to make that even better in AK. Read this expanding Gotham bit-

http://abload.de/img/bat5enqyv.jpg

Even though AK will be bigger, it's not going to be big just to be big. It's going to be very dense.

Oooh, that's definitely encouraging! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Rocksteady will do open world the best way possible, I'm just not entirely sure if, at least for me, open world can ever be better in this type of game than something more linear like AA. Maybe it's just because I don't have the attention span to appreciate all the smaller stuff in between missions :p

Kezen

Banned
I have a pretty good system, but just curious if I can max it at 1080p with PhysX.

i7 3770k @ 4.4
16GB DDR3 @ 1600
MSI 980 @ 1500

I know the "requirements" won't answer that, but they might give a hint.

I have no way to know but you will have a great experience for sure. And if you game at 1080p then your 980 will have an easier time "maxing" out this game but I don't feel confident enough to tell you that max settings and 60fps is possible on a single 980 even at 1080p. Physx is already demanding as it is but there are also other tech part of Nvidia-Rocksteady partnership.

We have to bear in mind that Nvidia is partnering with Rocksteady as they did with all three previous Batman games and they will be launching their GM200 GPU Q2, just in time for AK. It would not surprise me if Batman AK had effects specifically optimized for it.

From Rocksteady. There aint no way that WB is killing a cash cow.

If they give it two years I wouldn't mind seeing WB Montreal attempt a Court of Owls game.

Awww yis!

There is such a good foundation that Rocksteady set. There will absolutely be more Batman games.....not sure if they will be "Arkham" games though.

how am i supposed to play witcher 3 and batman arkham knight when they come out days apart? they both look so good but both look like massive time consuming games :/

IcyEyes

I will play this game so much until my PS4orPC will melt.

I love almost everything of this game (for me the Batman series is one of the best game ever) and the art direction of this new Batman is simply outstanding.

Kezen

Banned
We know from way before that PS4 used 900p. In this trailer, some wide city shots and gameplay sections look to be little too much "shimmery".

Anyhow, great trailer.

I could be wrong but aren't Rocksteady aiming for 1080p/30fps on both consoles ? Unless they can't handle what devs had in mind at that res.

Top Bottom