• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer – “Gotham is Mine”

Mockerre

Am I the only one let down by this? I feel like I've played this game before; three times in fact. It's the same story, same setup (villain takes over asylum/city/city/city), samey-looking city, same villains, mostly same moves, the "toughest challenge for the bat, yet". I'm sorry, I just can't get excited :(

ShutterMunster

Amazing but I wonder if the console version would look half as good though. These graphics look too much to handle for ps4 or xone. But as a console player I am still hyped. Asylum and city were two of the best games produced last gen.

Ummm have you seen The Order: 1886?

Nothing here looks impossible to me. The overall cleanness might not be there on consoles, but that's about it. I expect a few jaggies and some baby drops in frame rate.

Am I the only one let down by this? I feel like I've played this game before; three times in fact. It's the same story, same setup (villain takes over asylum/city/city/city), samey-looking city, same villains, mostly same moves, the "toughest challenge for the bat, yet". I'm sorry, I just can't get excited :(

Absurd,

They've hardly shown off the city, there is a new villian, there are new moves as well (not that theyve shown off combat that much.) and there are plenty of additions including the friggin Batmobile.

I mean, do you expect them to completely throw away everything that was successful with the previous titles and start from scratch? ....Why?....why would they do that?

fark_iZSqhkbNZqsXgblDeK3JBzwcjEk.gif

UrbanRats

Everyone get together to kill the Batman, seems like the story they had for the last few games already.

Still, the game look like a very big visual improvement, especially characters' models and faces.

The faces in general look really top notch.

But its just an annoyance I have with many modern games with how it seems like some of these "new and improved" faces for existing characters seem like they're probably just face scans of actual people, like generic models or something. So it makes some characters seem like they're just normal actors being recreated in a video game, not characters built from the ground up like you can only do in a game, if that makes sense.

Gurish

That was an amazing trailer, easily their best yet, so excited for this!

Damn those faces look incredible, much better than The Order.

What a random comparison, and no I don't think models look as good as the order, let's see them during gameplay and not during cinematics, TO models looks just as good in gameplay for example, most games not.

On Demand

Banned

It's good to have low expectations. :)

But this time there's a car!!!

arkham asylum was not about joker wanting titan to finally take over gotham

arkham city was about ra's al ghul and his plan to get batman to replace him

arkham origins was about joker trying to get batman to cross the line that batman swore he would never cross

so no not as of yet have any of the plots been similar.

Kezen

Banned
What a random comparison, and no I don't think models look as good as the order, let's see them during gameplay and not during cinematics, TO models looks just as good in gameplay for example, most games not.

I don't think it's random in the sense that The Order has good faces but AK is much bigger in scope and is a lot more impressive to me.

No chance my 970 will run this at 60fps at max settings. GM200 where art thou.

Astral Dog

arkham asylum was not about a group getting together to kill batman

arkham origins was about joker trying to get batman to cross the line that batman swore he would never cross

No, it was about the joker sickness too, Ra's plot was just thrown at the end when you defeated Strange, for some reason, like it was a twist.

In all games Joker has been the main antagonist, so it will be interesting what they do this time.

In all honesty though I am a little worried. I don't think the open world design is really beneficial, and this is even more open-worldier than AC. I played the first two games about the same amount of time (basically platinumed both outside of the hardest challenges), and I think the first one is much more memorable overall. Occasionally I remember stuff I liked a ton about AC (the whole museum was fricken great), but it's a little fuzzy to me (especially some of the side quests) and I can't help but think that's because of how open the game is.

But I'll still get this :p

arkham asylum was not about joker wanting titan to finally take over gotham

People dont seem to know the difference between a "plot" and a "setup".

No, it was about the joker sickness too, Ra's plot was just thrown at the end when you defeated Strange, for some reason, like it was a twist.

In all games Joker has been the main antagonist, so it will be interesting what they do this time.

nah, Ra's is the main antagonist in AC. everything besides the joker bit at the end all happened because of him.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
To each his own. I should have stipulated I was only talking for myself there. I hope they're real time but the gameplay shown last year looked fantastic, as far as I'm concerned this is the best looking game I've seen.

Now, we can only hope it's not downgraded come release.
Pretty sure this video is real time and possibly even console footage. Lots of aliasing.

Gusy

I'm curious about the PS4 version. Has anyone seen it?

I hope it comes close to what that trailer is showing.

jediyoshi

Were you looking for a musou kart racer?

dlauv

Roger Craig Smith gave a more emotional performance, but he also ended almost everything he said with the same inflection. It was incredibly annoying. Good beyond that.

Kezen

Banned
Pretty sure this video is real time and possibly even console footage. Lots of aliasing.

You can get the same result on PC if you disable AA. Their E3 2014 footage exhibited very nasty aliasing as well and that was confirmed to be PC.
I don't expect it to look that much worse on consoles, every sku is from the same mold.

God Damn. That was fantastic. All the character models are detailed as hell. Two Face looks nasty as fuck. The world looks packed and Firefly made it in! I neeeeeed this game.

Kezen

Banned
Why would they do that for a trailer?

I don't know but that's definitely possible because that level of aliasing is insane even by console standards. I don't believe for a second the game will ship with that IQ even on PS4/XBO.
The trailer "evening the odds" is also ridden with aliasing and that could very well be PC footage as well.

We will have a better understanding of how the PC version can look closer to release when all the Gameworks effects are in place.

sn00zer

Amazing but I wonder if the console version would look half as good though. These graphics look too much to handle for ps4 or xone. But as a console player I am still hyped. Asylum and city were two of the best games produced last gen.

PS4 would probably melt if it tried to pull off these graphics.

Gurish

I don't think it's random in the sense that The Order has good faces but AK is much bigger in scope and is a lot more impressive to me.

No chance my 970 will run this at 60fps at max settings. GM200 where art thou.

Yea that's why its random, the scope is different and that's why it's hard to compare, fidelity wise The Order looks better but its scope is limited, so some might be more impressed with a bigger scope kind of game like Batman that also looks awesome and some will be more impressed with higher fidelity like The Order even if it means a more limited scope.

It's a matter of taste since games are so different it's hard to compare directly, better stick to open world vs open world for a better comparison.

Top Bottom