• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

aeolist

Banned
allarise said:
ah. so that bigger list is of those games that have gotten ESRB'd - but could just be released "whenever" ?
I'm pretty sure more games have been rated by the ESRB, that's how we got the list with Super Mario RPG and Super Metroid, which are presumably coming out in early 2007.

The ones on the web site are just "sometime between now and January 1."

bmf said:
Sure there will be indie games. They won't be NES or SNES, but instead be Wii games that pattern their graphics to be similar to 8 or 16 bit games. Think Four Swords for the GC or Castle Crashers that's in beta for XBLA.
Yes, but that's not what he was suggesting.

Trust me, I am well aware of what is going on with indie games and VC.

SuperPac said:
Until Nintendo has an RSS feed up alerting people of something new on the Wii Shopping Channel, I'd rather they stick to the Monday thing. Because I am not into clicking on the Shopping Channel every day of the week just to see if anything's new. EFF THAT.

Annoying for the user, yes, but it could increase trafic wouldn't you say? Besides, I'd let GAF do all the scouting anyways. :D

I could be totally wrong here, but I think George Harrison mentioned that we might get more details on original games created for the download service at the end of the first quarter 2007. Hopefully there's at least something in the works.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
So urmm I thought that Nintendo was gonna be updating VC on mondays, I heard that here on GAF so you never know...

allarise

even if it's an NDA, you'd think this is a future that Nintendo would want to pimp out, not keep under lock and key and shroud the validity of VC's future in speculation.

Ikael

Trust me, I am well aware of what is going on with indie games and VC.

A XNA-esque easy development kit united to a free distribution system that makes indie developers able to sell their creations via wiiconnect?
I wish
That would make the Wii worth completely worth of its price.

dock

Kodiak said:
So urmm I thought that Nintendo was gonna be updating VC on mondays, I heard that here on GAF so you never know...
Maybe it's actually on tuesday, like the addition of Bomberman, etc, last week.
I was hoping for monday release too.

now that you mention, one idea I always thought would be cool was if Nintendo released some sort of USB adapter/receiver and drivers for PC. Pretty much a pipe dream, but some interesting applications could be made for it...

jarrod

Banned
jwj442 said:
Can TG-CD games be done on VC?
Already announced that they'll come, at least in Japan.

jman2050 said:
IIRC, there are licensing issues with Mischief Makers that'll probably ensure that it never ever gets rereleased anywhere ever again. Which is a real shame, as the game rocks.
There were licensing issues with Rakugaki Showtime (which resulted in it eventually getting pulled from shelves) but not Mischief Makers. Square Enix holds all the copyrights iirc, but even if they needed Treasure's cooperation, no doubt they'd get it.

Deku

Banned
BTW, I thought it was 10 games a month was for 2006 but the frequency /number of releases for 2007 would ramp up.

Was I mistaken?

jarrod

Banned
A Hudson USA rep specifically mentioned Draucla X as one of the titles they were looking at... it's a good sign at least.

KDups said:
I forget, did Nintendo say they are or are not allowing indie games for old systems on the VC? Could we potentially see new NES or SNES games at some point?
New games will happen, but it would be pointless for them to be new games developed to run on an NES emulator on Wii.

Grecco

jarrod said:
A Hudson USA rep specifically mentioned Draucla X as one of the titles they were looking at... it's a good sign at least.

Ill go buy a Classic Controler And a Points Card for it this very minute if its confirmed.

Snaku

Banned
dextran said:
I just connected and I see Super Star Soldier for download.
Oh yes.

Yep, just saw it go up. I only have 700 points left, and I don't know what to get. Bonk, Bomberman, or SSS? :(

hyp

i never owned super star soldier when i had a TG16... so what's the verdict from past TG16 owners, is this a VC game worth downloading? i'm itchin' for blazing lazers myelf.

Pellham

Banned
woot Star Soldier! Downloaded!

I never owned it previously either, but I loved the most recent gen versions of Star Soldier. Just played through the first level in the TG16 game, and its pretty dang fun. Easily a must DL if you like (real) shooters at all.

I think they might be slow on releasing games because they have to create an interactive manual for each game so there is some development work involved in getting a game up there on VC.

dextran

Kodiak said:
is it worth the puntos?

I played the 1st level, and fought a boss, and died - and was very upset to restart the 1st level. I thought I got to stage II.
I played some more, and beat another boss. This time I really beat stage II.
It was a miniboss I fought.

Tough stuff, but now that I'm on Stage II I can use suspend mode to start from there. That's fantastic.

As a shooter it's a little plain, but as my 1st VC purchase - I'm pretty happy. A steady stream from now on please....

hyp

dextran said:
I played the 1st level, and fought a boss, and died - and was very upset to restart the 1st level. I thought I got to stage II.
I played some more, and beat another boss. This time I really beat stage II.
It was a miniboss I fought.

Tough stuff, but now that I'm on Stage II I can use suspend mode to start from there. That's fantastic.

As a shooter it's a little plain, but as my 1st VC purchase - I'm pretty happy. A steady stream from now on please....

thanks for the impressions... i might just pass on this one until blazing lazers. how come only 1 game today nintendo? =\

yodandy

where is ice hockey

i want to share with my roomates the glory that is ice hockey, all their arms are tired from wii sports all day.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ok f**k it, I'm buying Solomon's Key. Since beelzebozo is a Lolo fan and wants Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle on VC, that guarantees his opinion is awesome. I was hoping for a decent release today but I guess that isn't happening.

jarrod said:
Already announced that they'll come, at least in Japan.

There were licensing issues with Rakugaki Showtime (which resulted in it eventually getting pulled from shelves) but not Mischief Makers. Square Enix holds all the copyrights iirc, but even if they needed Treasure's cooperation, no doubt they'd get it.

Is that why RS is so rare? Snap.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
TekunoRobby said:
Ok f**k it, I'm buying Solomon's Key. Since beelzebozo is a Lolo fan and wants Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle on VC guarantees his opinion is awesome. I was hoping for a decent release today but I guess that isn't happening.

we're officially pals, sir.

i'm gonna be springing every cent i can toward the lolo games when they get put up.
can't wait can't wait can't wait

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
it's pretty tough though!
i guess it doesn't have a password system or anything?
anybody know anything about this?
i have it suspended in the sixth level.

Top Bottom