• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Britney Spears FEMME FATALE Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

9203.jpg

American Pop Princess is officially back on the music spotlight with the release of her 7th studio album (didnt think she'd make it this far, did you?). The album is called FEMME FATALE and it builds on Britney's decade strong brand of feel good pop.

The album is released March 29th in the USA. Worldwide release occurs a few days before.

Britney has already relased the album's first Hold it Against Me single in January. The track debuted at #1 on the USA charts.

The second single is called "Till The World Ends" and its produced by longtime collaborator Max Martin and Dr. Luke and it was written by fellow pop star Ke$ha. Check out the track

http://www.poorbritney.com/blog/til-the-world-ends-has-leaked-online.html

normal_TTWE.jpg

TRACKLIST

1. Till The World Ends (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)
2. Hold It Against Me (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Co-produced by Billboard)
3. Inside Out (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)
4. I Wanna Go (Produced by Max Martin and Shellback)
5. How I Roll (Produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus
6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful featuring Sabi (Produced by Benny Blanco, Ammo, JMIKE and Billboard)
7. Seal It With A Kiss (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Dream Machine)
8. Big Fat Bass featuring will.i.am (Produced by will.i.am)
9. Trouble For Me (Produced by Fraser T Smith)
10. Trip To Your Heart (Produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus)
11. Gasoline (Produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco)
12. Criminal (Produced by Max Martin and Shellback)

The Deluxe version of “Femme Fatale” will include four additional tracks:
13. Up N’ Down (Produced by Max Martin, Shellback and Oligee)
14. He About To Lose Me (Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins)
15. Selfish (Produced by Stargate, and Sandy Vee)
16. Don't Keep Me Waiting (Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins)

PROMOTION

So far Spears continues her tradition of letting the music speak for itself by not promoting as much as her peers. She however is expected to do some promotional activities. The full extend of these activites is yet to be confirmed.

+ Mini concert performance (5 songs) on Good Morning America on the day of album release
+ Covers of V Magazine, OUT magazine and much more.
+ Visit to Ryan Secreast to premiere TTWE.

britney_v.jpg

PREVIEW FEMME FATALE

Inside Out http://soundcloud.com/drluke/brit-teaser

I Wanna Go http://soundcloud.com/drluke/i-wanna-go-teaser-1

How I Roll http://soundcloud.com/drluke/how-i-roll-teaser

The Big Fat Bass http://dipdive.com/member/iamwill/blog/30336/

Seal it with a Kiss http://soundcloud.com/drluke/seal-it-with-a-kiss-snippet

Criminal http://soundcloud.com/britneyspears/criminal-snippet

PAST WORK

discos.212.IMAGEN1.jpg

Britney Spears may have left the psych ward but on Circus she proved she's still a freak. Her 2008 album (released on her brithday) was a return to her older pop sound of her first two albums combined with a slight electro update featured on Blackout. While most Britney albums are usually considered "comebacks", Circus was actually a real comeback in terms of sales, radio support and touring. It spawned the #1 worldwide hit "Womanizer", which is garnered her first #1 USA single after 10 years since Baby One More Time.

Reccomended Tracks

Phonography
Unusual You
Amnesia
Womanizer
Mannequin

BRITNEY-SPEARS-blackout-album.jpg

Announced to be "the most influential pop album of the last five years" by Rolling Stone, Blackout is considered her magnum opus. Recorded during late 2006 when she was pregnant, and in early 2007 (right after she left rehab), Blackout is a heavy on electro production record. It was produced mostly by Bloodsy & Avant (Toxic) and Danja. The album costed 4 million to make and it was so fucking good that Britney went crazy over it. Indie snobs Pitchfork said it was a "extraordinary" album.

Reccomended Tracks

Piece of Me
Get Naked
Toy Soldier
Radar
Break The Ice

COMING SOON!

Reviews section and Past Work Section.

Cypher

For all you Britney fans in the San Francisco, CA. and Bay Area, mark your calendars for March 26th and March 27th!

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2011/03/britney-spears-san-francisco-concert-details-revealed

Streets will be closed later this month when Britney Spears tapes a performance for “Good Morning America” outside the Castro Theatre, according to Supervisor Scott Wiener.

The 400 and 500 blocks of Castro Street between Market and 19th streets will be closed starting just before midnight on March 26 until about 4 or 5 p.m. on March 27, said Wiener, whose district includes the Castro neighborhood. The actual one-hour performance is slated to begin at noon. The piece is set to air on GMA the following Tuesday, March 29.

Wiener said a yet-to-be determined number of people will be allowed in to see it for free. ABC producers have been meeting with local groups to hash out plans for the segment.

The cost of the whole affair is unknown at this point, Wiener said, but ABC will foot the bill for any city expenditures, which could include police for crowd control, rerouting of Muni services and movement of street cables to accommodate the stage and recording equipment. Wiener said the 24 and 33 lines would be rerouted, and the F Line could also be impacted.

Wiener said ABC producers are in the process of submitting permit applications and details will be solidified in the coming weeks. Spears is set to arrive in San Francisco a few days before the Sunday performance, most likely to meet with youth organizations including the Lavender Youth Recreation and Information Center and Larkin Street Youth Services.

Other than wanting to meet with kids, locals say Spears is clearly courting a gay audience, for good or ill.
“It’s a calculated move on Britney’s part to come down and sort of ‘reclaim my gays,’” said Heklina, a well-known local drag queen who founded Trannyshack, a monthly cabaret.

Still, Heklina said rooftop parties are already planned for the event and the novelty, at the very least, is exciting for the neighborhood. Former Supervisor Bevan Dufty said the rebounding pop star’s appearance can’t be a bad thing.

“The Castro is really rooting for Britney,” Dufty said.

BowieZ

Banned
1. Till The World Ends (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)
2. Hold It Against Me (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Co-produced by Billboard)
3. Inside Out (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)
4. I Wanna Go (Produced by Max Martin and Shellback)
5. How I Roll (Produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus
6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful featuring Sabi (Produced by Benny Blanco, Ammo, JMIKE and Billboard)
7. Seal It With A Kiss (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Dream Machine)
8. Big Fat Bass featuring will.i.am (Produced by will.i.am)
9. Trouble For Me (Produced by Fraser T Smith)
10. Trip To Your Heart (Produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus)
11. Gasoline (Produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco)
12. Criminal (Produced by Max Martin and Shellback)
13. Up N’ Down (Produced by Max Martin, Shellback and Oligee)
14. He About To Lose Me (Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins)
15. Selfish (Produced by Stargate, and Sandy Vee)
16. Don't Keep Me Waiting (Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins)

:/

Am most looking forward to the songs without Dr Luke/Max Martin's stale production sound, although Inside Out should be hot too!

Mau ®

Till The World Ends is now up on iTunes USA. You can preorder Femme Fatale now and you get TTWE as part of the pre-order.

LOL @ 7 Max Martin/Dr. Luke tracks making the cut. One of the perks of being the executive producers I guess.

There was a time I would pray that she would not make more Max Martin/Luke tracks. But their stuff this time around is much better than their B-game tracks from Circus. So... at the very least we'll get a super cohesive album :)

idwl

I don't get what adam leber is saying here. You get Till the world ends free'ish' if you preorder the album?
‎"Till The World Ends" is now available on ITUNES.... http://bit.ly/guV1Wa

You can also Pre-Order the DELUXE version of FEMME FATALE and get "TILL THE WORLD ENDS" immediately upon purchase.... -Adam Leber, Manager

Estival

idwl said:
I don't get what adam leber is saying here. You get Till the world ends free'ish' if you preorder the album?
‎"Till The World Ends" is now available on ITUNES.... http://bit.ly/guV1Wa

You can also Pre-Order the DELUXE version of FEMME FATALE and get "TILL THE WORLD ENDS" immediately upon purchase.... -Adam Leber, Manager
If you preorder the album, you can download Till the World Ends right now instead of waiting for the full album to get it.

I don't see much of a difference between the leaked version and the iTunes one at all, though...? Anyone can clue me in?
Either way I love it and can't wait for the album. I don't understand the Dr. Luke/Max Martin hate at all though. Seriously.

Mason

That Inside Out snippet is effin' amazing; shades of JT's "My Love". Hope the whole track is that good.

Not feeling any of the other ones at all. :/

Majmun

Just listened to Till the world Ends.
Hmm, amazing pop song.

I hope Femme Fatal can top Blackout. That's still my favourite Britney album.

BowieZ

Banned
Second said:
Just listened to Till the world Ends.
Hmm, amazing pop song.

I hope Femme Fatal can top Blackout. That's still my favourite Britney album.
It won't.

Blackout had the SUPER SIX:

Gimme More
Piece of Me
Radar (was hot, until it overstayed its welcome TWICE over!)
Break the Ice
Get Naked
Heaven on Earth

and the PRETTY AWESOME FOURSOME:

Toy Soldier
Perfect Lover
Freakshow
Ooh Ooh Baby

But it'll come close.

Till the World Ends! WHOA OH OH OH OH OH OH OHHH!

Not tryna start anything, but I am more excited for this than Born this Way. Can't wait to hear the Bloodshy & Avant tracks.

runlikehell said:
The will.i.am track sounds as expected.

Hyped for new Britney nonetheless.
It's freaking Black Eyed Peas lol puke.

Girl needs to learn how to promote her album.

Ryan: What can you tell me about the album?
Britney: I like it, it's fun... I like it.

madara

Can anyone elaborate on album title? Kinda comes off as ego boost but I honestly dont know much about it. This whole female pop diva wars and nonsense gets me thinking. Is MJ really the last major pop male star still? I can't think of one male that gets the attention or the attacks that Britney, Christina, Gaga, etc do.

Mau ®

freddy said:
She should just open up and let it all hang out. She's far too conservative.

Well she's a very guarded person and for a VERY good reason. After MJ, who else in the pop world has been through half of the shit she experienced.

I loved her interview! She's never been an articulate person but I appreciate she is humble, polite and cute. She's a simple girl and I find that more refreshing and geniune than most of the pretentious chicks out there.

Koodo

Banned
Soulscribe said:
Girl needs to learn how to promote her album.

Ryan: What can you tell me about the album?
Britney: I like it, it's fun... I like it.
That's what I love about her. I have GaGa, who overexplains everything, and Britney, who underexplains everything. My two Queens cover the entire spectrum.

madara said:
Can anyone elaborate on album title? Kinda comes off as ego boost but I honestly dont know much about it. This whole female pop diva wars and nonsense gets me thinking. Is MJ really the last major pop male star still? I can't think of one male that gets the attention or the attacks that Britney, Christina, Gaga, etc do.
None of the few current male pop stars are man enough to do anything slightly extravagant or riske. It's safe, boring, disposable, and in the case of Bieber, with an expire date.

Justin Timberlake was the only worthy male pop star but that bitch seems to really want that acting career.

Even these male "pop stars" aren't even Pop stars really, they're more like R&B stars. Usher, JT, etc. Which is fine by me, the women do a better job making pure pop anyway.

This new song is fun, although I've listened to it like three times and haven't really caught what it's about... I guess dancing. Maybe that's a testament to how good the beat is, so I was preoccupied with that instead of the lyrics.

This album will help tide me over before the main Entree (Born this Way).

freddy

Banned
inthezone said:
Well she's a very guarded person and for a VERY good reason. After MJ, who else in the pop world has been through half of the shit she experienced.

I loved her interview! She's never been an articulate person but I appreciate she is humble, polite and cute. She's a simple girl and I find that more refreshing and geniune than most of the pretentious chicks out there.
She didn't look too humble when I looked her up in google image search!

Mau ®

Jive is opening FULL ALBUM links to some select bloggers. So this means a few things

1) FEMME FATALE REVIEWS ON THE WAY

2) THE ALBUM MIGHT LEAK DURING THE WEEKEND OR EARLY NEXT WEEK.

Honestly, I kinda wanna wait til it comes out so I can hear it the way it was intended.

Mau ®

BowieZ said:
I am buying this album and putting it on my new Nintendo 3DS.

I already pre-ordered it over iTunes, so Im getting it the second it comes out yay.

I wouldve bought a physical deluxe edition if it had a DVD or something. Her album booklets always leave a lot to be desired and the photoshoot is awkward at best. Im just interested in the music.

Koodo

Banned
inthezone said:
Honestly, I kinda wanna wait til it comes out so I can hear it the way it was intended.
now bitch you know that's a lie.

LEAK NAO PLZ.

P.S.: what happened to the uncensored version of TTWE? The first time I heard the song, on some tumblr, it had "shit" in one line. Now every version I hear has that edited out.

dream

Holy fuck, the new single is nasty. Max Martin is a genius. This might be my favorite thing he's done since BSB's Bigger.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Did not like Hold It Against Me, but i loved Blackout and Circus so I'm looking forward to this and the new single sounds great.

xaosslug

TTWE miiiiight grow on me, but I cannot stop listening to I Wanna Go... @_@

but gotta say, I've been feeling the Scheiße remix the most, at the mo.

idwl

Kinda sucks that jive has completely ruined the single's chance to debut at #1. Would have been an unbeatable record. 3 consecutive #1 debuts.

Mau ®

Its a girls world lol

#1 On The Floor- Jennifer Lopez
#2 Born This Way- Lady GaGa
#3 Till The World Ends- Britney Spears
#4 S&M- Rihanna
#5 Blow- Ke$ha
#6 E.T.- Katy Perry

TTWE should beat Born This Way in the next few hours. Who would've thought J.lo would ever be #1 again??

idwl

inthezone said:
TTWE should beat Born This Way in the next few hours. Who would've thought J.lo would ever be #1 again??
Thanks to American idol. Too bad the song sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom