• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm not mad about losing the game, because it was a good game, went to OT, and I had a chance at the last shot. What I am mad about is NBA 2k5 itself. The game is just horrendous.

Basically, this is the way it works... You can play the most fundamentally sound playstyle ever, but if the game's AI doesn't want you to win, or even do well, you can't.

Case in point, my final game with Matrix. I won by 66. Not because I was playing all that well, but because the shots were just not falling at all for Matrix. No matter how hard he played, how many open shots he had, he just could not hit a thing.

Or what about the game I just played. DM had a tough time passing in the first half. Every pass out there was just tipped away by my defenders. Meanwhile I was finding every hole and crease to thread the needle with my own passes. It was pretty sick. Come half time, the roles reverse. And let's not even get into inbound passes bouncing off the backboard. There were times in the second half where passes would graze my players heads and they wouldn't do anything. I won't even mention how many times McGrady was coming down the key and the defender just steps away from him allowing him the easy dunk.

And all of these circus layups in traffic? Missed two foot jumpers with no hands in the player's face? It's cool that, unlike NBA Live, there is a probability there of missing a shot, but it's totally illogical and ridiculous. Why are players being punished with a missed circus layup after working so hard to actually get into the paint?

Regardless, I will win the next two. Sorry DM. Without Jordan the Knicks don't stand a chance against the magnificent Knicks.

For the record, Konex, Fifty, I have used exactly two dropsteps in my passed three games!

Cloudy

Banned
I work from 3pm to 11pm-ish (last week of this ridiculous schedule thank goodness!) and the Lakers are on from 10:30 :p

I'm off Thursday so we could play anytime then or late tomorrow :D

PS: Yeah, I'm at work now :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
hahaha alright cool Bishop... We will try this for thursday sometime, alot of last minute shopping , but we will see....

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
bishoptl said:
Eep, I thought you meant 10:30 am....I'm an idiot. Um, I'm off all week, so we can go tomorrow for sure. :lol

U want to go tonight... right now? if not we can try tomorrow morning.... K

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
With the holidays and whatnot, this is a REALLY bad time. I can play tonight after 5pm PST, but will be unavailable until Monday or so after that.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
we can get one game in at 8, I will log on now.....

8 est.... 5 PST... hope that is good for you, if not... Monday is cool.... I will be all over this weekend as well.,. so if u want one now, I will sign on.....

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Let's wait until Monday then. Too much shit going on right now. Running in and out of the house all freaking day. :|

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
honestly we have tried..... I am ready to go now if Bish is ready.... how dare u want to advance a playoff series BOY!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
bishoptl said:
OK.

Malleymal, I will be on Xbox Live at 12 noon PST sharp. Be there or be square, etc.

Sad thing is that inclement weather had prevented me and my family from heading to Philly to visit my grandparents, so they rescheduled for tonight, I just got the call, so I m now hopping in the car to head to philly for dinner... I will be back in the area around 10 or so eastern.... so lets go around 6 or 7 PST, the best i can do...

DMczaf

Malleymal said:
Sad thing is that inclement weather had prevented me and my family from heading to Philly to visit my grandparents, so they rescheduled for tonight, I just got the call, so I m now hopping in the car to head to philly for dinner... I will be back in the area around 10 or so eastern.... so lets go around 6 or 7 PST, the best i can do...

:lol I didn't see that coming!

Really, I didn't!

:)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I've got kickboxing tonight, can't make it then. Just give malleymal the forfeit win, I don't have the time for the league right now with all the family things going on. :(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am heading to the gym now.. if bish doesnt have time I will take the win and go on to dreaded(lol) second round... jobber I will be back from the gym around 11 eastern....

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Jazz miss a shot as the clock counted down

my Center had the board under their basket, AK stole it before I could toss it and layed it up

jobber

ugh....this should've been a sweep

hell of a series

best team won

now you must win it all

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Great set of games man.... tough comp, u ended my 6 game winning streak... Luckily I pulled out that last quarter..

AND THEN THERE WERE TWO!!!

TMAC when do you want it!!!

1997 and 1998 Finals ALL over again..... but no jordan(pushoff) to save them ....

jobber

I think I need to retire.

I was up the 4th quarter in all 4 of my games today and lost 3.

Then I'll come back wearing the 45.

Top Bottom