• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Cloudy

Banned
BTW, guys. VC is adding an option to "continue" seasons with all trades carrying over to the next one. More info as it develops....

Fifty

Cloudy said:
BTW, guys. VC is adding an option to "continue" seasons with all trades carrying over to the next one. More info as it develops....

The only reason I'd join a new season (and try my best to get others to join this hated game) would be so that I could get a fresh shot at it. I'm sure that's a good feature for some people, but I want none of it. I traded my entire team (basically) for two superstars this year, and while that was fun, I'd want something entirely different for next season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I want the Rockets with Tmac!!!!!!!!!! *eyes DM*

Fifty

Cloudy said:
I was just dropping the info not saying we had to use the option. I won't allow any outrageous trades next season :)

The most unfair trade (on paper) was the Houston for Carter trade. Bob didn't know what he was doing.....CK offered him Marbury! But Bobby only wanted Allan frickin' Houston. That one was weird alright. Of course the trade that gave T Mac to DM was unfair, but they agreed upon that, so that everyone could use the team they wanted, and I think it worked out in the end. Ideally if there were circumstances like that in season 2(which there probably won't be), we'd make the trade if everyone agreed.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
When I first came into the league and picked up the Spurs from whoever had them before I wasn't really liking them. But now that I've played more games they are alright. I would still rather have a different team though. But I can't wait for the next season to start.

Fifty

You're typing dots instead of playing this wonderful game, shame on you Mr. Ramirez. Shame on you. Oh yeah, and we need one more person for the College Hoops league, maybe someone in this thread is interested in joining.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez and I spoke about it over AIM, and we have had such trouble connecting over XBL and PS2 that I just decided to forfeit. He would have won anyway. Only negative part is no stats.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ck,when you want to ball?

Fifty

Theo, I play you....We're both out of the playoffs, so it doesn't really matter.....but you might as well tell me if you're free to play tomorrow or late tuesday.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy can you play tonight? It would be awesome if we could be done by 10:30 est. I have something to do at 10:30 est. And then I'm leaving for my last work trip Tuesday night so I need to play today.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Earlier would be good too. That Earthsea looks intriuging :p

:lol That earthsea show is being shown back to back to back tonight....I dont think you will have a problem seeing it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
gg Konex. That one was much more fun. :D

But do you have to make me watch all those replays???? No one else in this league has done that during our games. Ugh. It's bad enough that you beat me with the Lakers, but having to watch the replays is just painful. :lol

What was with the free throws this game? I never miss. They felt faster. And I've never seen that diving animation that Kobe did to save the ball from going out of bounds and I saw it twice in this game (I think Bowen did it too).

When do we start the next season? I just started enjoying this game.

Fifty

I'm not sure if Theo's around. If he doesn't reply in a day or so, just flip a coin for the win. I'd rather not worry about playing a meaningless game...but I still really want a second season, we'll see what happens with that.

theo

Contest Winner
Fifty said:
I'm not sure if Theo's around. If he doesn't reply in a day or so, just flip a coin for the win. I'd rather not worry about playing a meaningless game...but I still really want a second season, we'll see what happens with that.

I'm around from now until 6est, and can probably play again from 11:30est onward

Fifty

Ok, we'll play at 12 EST. I'd say 11:30, but I'll give you some time just to make sure you're here. If tonight doesn't work out, Konex, just give him the win.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
That was the only replay I wanted to see. I always forget to click past the rest. Kobe > *

gg tho. Nice pace to it :)

Next season you better remember to skip the replays Konex :( For the love of god dont make us hunt you down and beat you with our xbox controllers.

CK,can you play tonight,like at 11:30 or 12 am? Or can you play tomorrow around 9 pm eastern or later?

Fifty

Since I'm out of the playoffs, and I'm afraid we won't have enough people for a second season....maybe I can create a season 2 soon (today or the next couple of days). I don't think we'll have more than 8, and this way we'll see who's actually going to join it now, rather than create it after the playoffs, and basically sit around and wait for people to join. If it's created now, then we'll be able to fill it and finish the playoffs at the same time. Konex can start it, that's cool, I jus tthink we should deal with it soon.

We have:

1. Me
2. Konex
3. FMT
4. Matrix
5. DM
6. Truelize!

CK ("If we need one more"

If Malleymal and Theo want back in, then CK can pass, as he said he wants to, and we'll be ready to go.

To keep discussion seperate, I went ahead and created a second thread.

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?p=754057

Keep season 2 discussion in there :)

Fifty

Theo, I see that you're online. I sent you a PM, and I'm posting this now...If you don't answer either by 12 I'll just assume that you're not going to show up, and there's no point in logging on XBL.

Do you have AIM? It'll make season 2 much easier (for people to get in contact with you) if you have it.

Matrix

Ck,sorry I didnt get in till late.

Ck,I'll be online at 9 pm eastern time tommorow...I'll look for you on aim before I head on.

Fifty

Theo, that game rocked. I don't like the shoulder charge animation off the dribble---I think it's overpowered, and I hate it when I get the ball under the hoop, and he does a ridiculous turnaround backwards hook shot, but aside from those two pet peeves of mine, it was a good game. I'll be so glad to get rid of this team though, and start fresh.

theo

Contest Winner
yes that was a good game indeed. the passing in this game can be annoying at times though. i cant wait for the next season to start either.

Matrix

Can you play at like 11 eastern time tonight? Like in one hour.

Matrix

Cool,I'll be in the lobby at 11.

Top Bottom