• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Free" NES/GBA games for 3DS thread of Nintendo's guilt

Codeblue

So, are they updating multiplayer to work wirelessly?

Pretty content with this consolation overall. I don't regret paying $250 and I'd certainly take these games over tje price difference. Hoping for Nightmare in Dreamland and Drill Dozer just so it gets some exposure.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Shut yo mouth.

I would like to play Minish Cap though, to see where it fits in with the timeline.
Yes I'm one of them.

Oh, no. See, ALTTP is my favorite Zelda. I haven't played TMC though, and there are already a few ways to pick up ALTTP but TMC hasn't been re-released nor is it on any DD service.

Sennorin

Banned
Gravijah said:
Oh, no. See, ALTTP is my favorite Zelda. I haven't played TMC though, and there are already a few ways to pick up ALTTP but TMC hasn't been re-released nor is it on any DD service.

Dito. I would finally get to play TMC.

I love it. As an early adopter you know what your getting into when you buy a system early, but with 20 free games, and with the 10 GBA games being exclusive, I feel like early adopters got a fantastic deal. One of the games is Yoshi's Island, my favorite game of all time.

Compare it to Apple press conferences which basically go like this: "Here's the new thing. Your old thing is now shit. Oh and we're completely dropping support for the old thing. Bye."

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:

Oh, you and me are like bro's then. I feel the same way.

Gravijah

Kurtofan said:
What's a Nintendo Ambassador?

Edit:I never connected my 3DS to the internet, can I still get those games?

You'll need to connect it to the internet before... August 12th I think.

Codeblue said:
So, are they updating multiplayer to work wirelessly?

Pretty content with this consolation overall. I don't regret paying $250 and I'd certainly take these games over tje price difference. Hoping for Nightmare in Dreamland and Drill Dozer just so it gets some exposure.

At least with the NES VC games they are. No word on GBA (We'll probably have to wait until they officially release the GBA VC games before that happens)

Chuckpebble

Damnit! I saw Metroid Fusion and there's supposedly 5 more GBA games coming. If Zero Mission is one of them, and it never gets released for us 'sensible' shoppers... AUGH!

I've actually said this on here at one point: "Release a downloadable version of Metroid Zero Mission and I'm sold."

Kurtofan said:
Ok thanks, any connections do the trick right? I'm on vacation.
You have to connect to the eShop once. You can as well use open WiFi.

And why didn't you connect to the internet before? You already missed the free Excitebike.

Kurtofan

:Motorbass said:
You have to connect to the eShop once. You can as well use open WiFi.

And why didn't you connect to the internet before? You already missed the free Excitebike.
Didn't work at home.I couldn't connect to the DS before so I didn't care much, but free games are free games.

Hmm, LttP or tMC, huh?

It seems to me like its more likely to be link to the past, just because it has already been re-released in virtual console and thus makes more sense as a freebie whereas minish cap is more "sellable" as a download since its never been available digitally before. I don't suppose capcom's involvement as developer is a factor, is it? I would assume not since nintendo obviously owns all things Zelda.

Mista Koo

So how do you get to be eligible for this? I bought a 3DS back in April(?) but I haven't registered anywhere.

Sorry if this was asked before, read the first 50 post and saw nothing.

jokkir

Mista Koo said:
So how do you get to be eligible for this? I bought a 3DS back in April(?) but I haven't registered anywhere.

Sorry if this was asked before, read the first 50 post and saw nothing.

I'm guessing set up a Club Nintendo account and link your 3DS (from the eShop) to that.

nofi

Are they going to have folders, then, before these games hit? My home screen's already a mess with icons for videos and what not, I don't want another twenty bloody icons littering the place up.

First World problems, I know, but it can't be that hard.

jokkir said:
I'm guessing set up a Club Nintendo account and link your 3DS (from the eShop) to that.

Not necessary. The various PRs just say that you needed to have connected to the eShop.

pretty glad that they are doing this.

Even though I got a great deal on my 3DS (still below the new $170 price tag), still felt a little funny about being an early adopter and having a 32% price drop on the system only a month after I got it.

Firestorm

Ugh. Mostly games I've played + finished (GBA) or games I had on freaking ANIMAL CROSSING (NES) -_- Hopefully it has Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Mario Tennis which I wanted to play but never got a chance to or the first Advance Wars which I could play over and over again. Otherwise, very disappointed.

AceBandage said:
I hope one of the other GBA games is Drill Dozer.
No Rumble, though. :( (Not that it really matters...)

I personally hope another one is Warioware Twisted. Maybe the Europeans will finally get a chance to experience the best GBA game!

Actually, Warioware Twisted used a gyroscope and rumble, but eh.

Futureman

I could do w/o Mark Kart Adance, but I'm mega hyped for the remaining games I'm getting for free.

this is so awesome. Fusion is supposed to be good, right? Only Metroid games I've played have been the Prime series.

AHHH this is great. Sales numbers will go up, more software will come to the 3DS, and I'm getting 10 free games. YES YES YES.

Futureman said:
I could do w/o Mark Kart Adance, but I'm mega hyped for the remaining games I'm getting for free.

this is so awesome. Fusion is supposed to be good, right? Only Metroid games I've played have been the Prime series.

AHHH this is great. Sales numbers will go up, more software will come to the 3DS, and I'm getting 10 free games. YES YES YES.

Personally, I loved Fusion more than Zero Mission.
Yeah, that's right haters.
:p

Still, I'd like both for free! Haha!

Gravijah

AceBandage said:
Personally, I loved Fusion more than Zero Mission.
Yeah, that's right haters.
:p

Still, I'd like both for free! Haha!

Just wait for Boney to come preaching. "Best remake ever~~!"

I had missed this part:

- These versions sound like beta emulated versions. There will be no digital manuals included, and while you can switch the controls from player 1 to player 2 for certain games which allow for such play, there will be no cross system multiplayer supported at all.

- Eventually at a later date, complete versions will be released for actual sale on the eShop. When this happens, those with the "early bird editions" will be able to update to the full versions for free.

Interesting.
I wonder what exactly they will update on them.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Eh, that's not a bad deal. I'm always an early adopter and a price drop is always inevitable. Even if I had known ahead of time that it was going to drop in price this August, I would probably still have purchased the machine day 1. If they want to hand out 20 games as a bonus for doing so, I certainly can't complain.

Top Bottom